https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tepid sideways football

Started by perry geyton, May 23, 2021, 06:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: Asotosyios on May 24, 2021, 02:55:58 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on May 24, 2021, 11:29:12 AM
I went yesterday and the number of times ream, tosin and the full backs were looking for forward movement but there was none. To go forward you need to have a degree of movement from the front players. The few times we did go more direct we just lost possesion cheaply. It seemed to me that whilst clearly parker has not got the tactics right the biggest probolem is the qualiyty of the players.

My main critisism of th eplay was not so much we moved from side to side but that we did it so slowly and in the second half, which was better, we played at a higher tempo, but still until maja came on there was precious little movement up front and certainly not enough attacking quality in the team.

Two highlits. Ream, brillaint performance and the young fellow carvallho. He looks a real prospect. Tosin and tete also had a very decent games.

Not really sure if you noticed, but you are contradicting yourself.

You have been banging the drum about the lack of quality of our players, but all you described above (lack of forward movement, moving the ball slowly and from side to side) has more to do with a manager's work in training rather than players' individual qualities.

Good spot, Asotosyios.

Read ALGO's offering and was going to post the same. A case of the correct analysis leading to the wrong conclusion.

MartyFFC

I remember paying for a Carabao Cup game with no crowd noise added in, where you could hear stuff from the bench. I swear for 90 minutes, Parker did nothing but scream for whoever had the ball to pass it back to Tim Ream or the keeper. His fixation with possession is bordering on lunacy

perry geyton

Quote from: MartyFFC on May 24, 2021, 08:57:12 PM
I remember paying for a Carabao Cup game with no crowd noise added in, where you could hear stuff from the bench. I swear for 90 minutes, Parker did nothing but scream for whoever had the ball to pass it back to Tim Ream or the keeper. His fixation with possession is bordering on lunacy

Yeah i can imagine
Negative confidence destroying football

FFC In Oz

Quote from: MartyFFC on May 24, 2021, 08:57:12 PM

He's a visionary.

We're so privileged to have a talented, young manager like him at the helm.

We're truly going places.