more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday fulham Stuff - 27/05/21...

Started by WhiteJC, May 27, 2021, 12:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Bowie earns first Scotland U21 call up

Fulham forward Kieron Bowie has been called up to the Scotland under-21 international squad for the first time after an outstanding first season with the club.

The teenage forward, who joined Fulham last summer after excelling for Raith Rovers' senior side, made an immediate impact in west London. He quickly became a key fixture in Steve Wigley's under 18 side, scoring 15 goals in 21 appearances as the young Whites stormed to the U18 Premier League south title earlier this month.

Scottish under-21 boss Scott Gemmill has included Bowie in a 24-man squad for a double header against Northern Ireland in Dumbarton on June 2 and June 5. The two friendlies are the Scottish side's first fixtures in six months and represent the build-up for their 2023 under-21 European Championship qualifying campaign.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/05/bowie-earns-first-scotland-u21-call-up/

WhiteJC

Ream commits future to Fulham

Veteran defender Tim Ream has committed his future to Fulham following the London club's relegation to the Championship.

The experienced American centre back, who extended his contract at Craven Cottage last summer to 2022, told a press conference ahead of his Concacaf Nations League duty with the United States that has discussed his future with Fulham and wants to help Scott Parker's side secure an immediate return to the top flight.

The 33 year-old said:

"I'm happy to stay at Fulham and play my part. I've had conversations with Scott [Parker] and the backroom staff, they want me there and I want to be there. I still have that drive to stay in England. I'd love the daily, the daily grind and constant pressure, promotion/relegation, trying to be the best that you can possibly be, with consequences. And if you don't perform, you're dropped very quickly."

Ream made only ten first-team appearances for Fulham this season, but was named captain for the Whites' final two fixtures against Manchester United and Newcastle. The former Bolton defender has made 204 appearances in six years at Craven Cottage and has become something of a cult hero amongst the Fulham faithful.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2021/05/ream-commits-future-to-fulham/

WhiteJC

Rising Aussie Francois plans to help spearhead Fulham's Premier League return

Tyrese Francois - the 53rd Australian to step out in the English Premier League - believes relegated Fulham will quickly bounce back to the top flight.

The 20-year-old midfielder from Campbelltown plans to play a leading role in helping the west Londoners put the disappointment of the drop behind them with a breakout 2021-22 Championship campaign.

Francois did his blossoming reputation no harm with 14-minute Craven Cottage cameo off the bench - his top flight debut - in Fulham's 2-0 final-day loss to Newcastle last weekend, despite playing at left-back for the first time in his life.

Next season holds the promise of significant game for Francois, who flies to Spain in Friday to audition for a ticket to the Tokyo Games as part of an Olyroos squad which will face Saudi Arabia, Romania and Mexico in Marbella.

"The opportunity will be there for sure - it's just about me now having to take it with both hands and literally force my way into that team," he said.

"I need to be consistent and focused and I definitely think we have the depth to come straight back up.

"We have the foundation of a team which should be strong enough to go up automatically, rather than having to go through the playoffs.

"The quality is there for sure, we just need to tweak a couple of things and we'll be up there again.

"I've had a little taste now of the first team (Francois previously made a League Cup appearance), and I'll be pushing for more.

"I have playing regular Premier League football in my sights now."

Francois described his EPL bow, as "a dream come true", a personal milestone which will live long on the memory.

"I've been part of the first team squad for a while and have been at the club eight years, so it's been a long time in the making," he said.

"Coming on at left-back was a surprise since I've never played there before - not even in training.

"But I'll take it - it was a special day for me.

"I felt pretty comfortable and it was great to have fans there.

"I think on the ball I did okay. Afterwards the boss (Scott Parker) told me, 'You're hard work's paid off - this will give you a taste of what it's like and will push you on to want more. Next season's a big one, so come back prepared and ready'."

Francois expects to be back in his preferred position as a clever and combative number six or eight next season, and is looking to enhance his national team prospects with Gary van Egmond at the Olyroos helm over the next two weeks.

"I'm really excited for it," he added. "I missed a big chunk of the season through injury and just want to play every game I can and impress the national team coaches."

Trevor Morgan, Joeys coach turned interim FA technical director, worked with Francois at the Westfield's High talent factory in Sydney during his formative years.

And Francois is looking forward to the reunion.

"It's good to be on the radar - I need to make sure I stay there now," he added.

"I'm pushing for the Olympics, and if I have a good season with Fulham next year, maybe even the senior set-up. Why not?

"Getting in that World Cup squad is definitely a target of mine."

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/rising-aussie-francois-plans-to-help-spearhead-fulham-s-premier-league-return

WhiteJC

Mario: Thank You

A lack of fans in stadiums didn't diminish Mario Lemina's relationship with the Fulham faithful during his time at the Club.

The midfielder posted an Instagram story last week detailing the respect he holds for the Whites supporters.

Explaining the meaning behind the post, Lemina said: "The feeling that I had, when I said that, I was feeling that all the fans were still behind us.

"The messages they sent to me said they were proud of what I had done because I never gave up, and I think all the team did the same.

"That's why I wanted to say thank you to them. They weren't in the stadiums, but still they could see that we tried to fight and give everything until the end.

"You still feel the love from them because we are on social media. They were still believing until the last moment that we could stay in the Premier League.

"There wasn't any negativity from them, they were always positive and trusting in us.

"I'd like to say thank you for standing with us and for still pushing us even though we are relegated.

"We missed them a lot, we missed them in the stadium. I think it really changed something, because we saw in the Liverpool [home] game we had some fans, and I think without them it would maybe not have been the same.

"We missed them a lot and thank you very much for what they've done on social media. I really felt it, and we tried to give them back all the respect that they gave to us."

Lemina was at the heart of one of the highlights of Fulham's season, scoring a fine winner at Anfield to move us level on points with Brighton & Hove Albion in 17th, but the team struggled to build on that result and performance.

"I don't think that this Liverpool game changed something in our attitude or anything," Lemina mused. "We just tried to play our game like we always play.

"After Liverpool it just didn't work like we wanted. Sometimes that's life and we have to accept it.

"The only thing I can say is that the whole team didn't give up, we never gave up, and that's what we have to remember.

"Honestly, I still feel pain, because we had a great team to stay in the Premier League, but it didn't go as we wanted.

"We've been so unlucky, but at the same time, I'm not going to lie, we weren't good enough to stay in the Premier League this year. But I think in the next seasons, Fulham is going to get better and better."

Lemina's bond with the Club was evident after the late Wolverhampton Wanderers defeat, when he was seen in tears at full-time.

A lack of effort was never in question this season.

"For me, loan or not, when you start a season with a club, you need to give everything for the team that you're playing for," he explained. "That's what I tried to do, as did all the other players, I think.

"For me, when I play for a team, I give everything for the badge, I give my patience, and that's what I have to do to respect the club I'm at. That's me, and that's my pride.

"We built something together, the whole staff and the players, and we wanted to show something positive for the fans and for the Club.

"We knew we could achieve more than we got, but we're still proud that we gave everything until the end, and that's why the Gaffer and the staff are still proud of us. But this is life, we have to accept it and try to bounce.

"I have a lot of respect for all the staff, the Club, the players, and that made me really, really happy and proud to be here.

"Like I said, when I feel this sensation, this emotion, I just try to give the best of myself, and that's what I tried to do during the whole season.

"When I came I was a little bit injured. I tried to build myself, my shape, to be the best player I can. I gave everything, I gave everything that I had for Fulham, and I just regret the end result. That's it.

"For myself, I'm really proud of what I've done, because I never gave up and I just showed what I wanted to give for the Club."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/may/Mario-Thank-You/

WhiteJC

Norwich City interested in Tosin Adarabioyo

Norwich City are interested in a deal to bring Tosin Adarabioyo to Carrow Road this summer.

What's the talk?

That's according to a report by Sky Sports, who claim that the Canaries are prioritising the signing of a centre-back in the upcoming transfer window, with Stuart Webber thought to be keeping a close eye on the situation of the 23-year-old Fulham defender.

The report goes on to state that Norwich scouts have been mapping the progress of the centre-back over the course of the Cottagers' Premier League campaign ahead of a potential move this summer.

Having joined Fulham from Manchester City in what was a £1.49m last October, Adarabioyo impressed in his debut season at Craven Cottage, despite the west London side ultimately suffering relegation to the Championship.

Over his 33 Premier League appearances, the £27k-per-week defender helped his side to keep nine clean sheets, as well as making an average of 1.3 interceptions, 1.1 tackles and 5.8 clearances per game.

The former Manchester City man also impressed with his range of passing, successfully completing an average of 49.8 passes per match, with a success rate of 86%, in addition to completing an average of 3.6 long balls and 2.3 chipped passes per appearance.

These metrics saw Adarabioyo earn a seasonal SofaScore match rating of 6.92, ranking him as Scott Parker's ninth-best performer in the top flight.

As such, the addition of the £9m-rated defender to the Norwich City backline would appear to considerably boost the chances of the Canaries improving upon the whopping 75 goals they conceded in their 2019/20 Premier League campaign.

So, it would seem highly advisable for Webber to follow up on his interest with a bid for the player Tony Mowbray dubbed "immense" this summer, as Adarabioyo would not only bring Premier League experience to the City backline, but he would also appear to be the type of defender the German manager would love.

https://www.footballfancast.com/norwich-city-transfer-rumours/norwich-city-transfer-news-daniel-farke-stuart-webber-fulham-tosin-adarabioyo

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk: Three Years Ago Today Fulham Beat Aston Villa In The Playoff Final

Take a listen to podcast that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

This is a look back to three years ago today as Fulham beat Aston Villa in the Playoff Final.

You can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2021/5/26/22454738/cottage-talk-three-years-ago-today-fulham-beat-aston-villa-in-the-playoff-final

WhiteJC

Player 'will return to Fulham' by next month – Current club's board 'do not wish to keep him'

Bought by Fulham from OGC Nice after some great seasons in the south of France, Jean-Michael Seri was meant to be the key to unlock the midfield at Craven Cottage.

Instead, the Ivory Coast international struggled to adapt to English football and was unable to help the London side from avoiding relegation in his first season there.

Unwilling to play in the Championship and perhaps too expensive to keep around, Seri was first sent to Galatasaray on loan, and despite Fulham returning to the Premier League this season, was exiled to Bordeaux this season in January with an option to buy.

Making just 12 league appearances, the midfielder hardly impressed, and it's now revealed by Sport.fr that Seri 'will return to Fulham' as the current board 'do not wish to keep him'.

That leaves a once again relegated Cottagers side to sort out something for the Ivorian in the summer, as he'll likely want to leave definitely.

His contract with Fulham expires in 2022, meaning the next transfer window could be the final chance for the club to recuperate a chunk of their initial £27m investment.

Will they have many suitors, though? We'll have to wait and find out.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-will-return-fulham-next-month-current-clubs-board-not-wish-keep/

WhiteJC

PSG Mercato: Alphonse Areola Could Be Heading to Serie A as His Agent Offers Him to an Italian Club

After a successful loan to Fulham FC, despite the club's relegation to the Championship, the future of Alphonse Areola will again be examined by Paris Saint-Germain's leaders.

Under contract with the capital club until 2023, the London-based club will not exercise the purchase option built into the loan to keep the 28-year-old goalkeeper, who was voted the best player of the season by Fulham supporters.

Nonetheless, Areola's agent, Mino Raiola, is working hard to find his client a new home, and it appears he might have found him one. According to  Corriere dello Sport (via Canal Supporters), Raiola has offered his client to AS Roma.

With the arrival of José Mourinho on the bench next season, Romas wants a new goalkeeper. The Italian media outlet reports that Raiola spoke with the general manager of AS Roma, Tiago Pinto. However, the Italian club's number one pick is Wolverhampton's Rui Patricio, who shares the same agent as José Mourinho.

Alphonse Areola remains a genuine interest for the Serie A side and could look to pay €10-million. Still, Roma could favor a loan plus an option to buy formula to keep its finances and strengthen other positions.

https://psgtalk.com/2021/05/psg-mercato-alphonse-areola-could-be-heading-to-serie-a-as-his-agent-offers-him-to-an-italian-club/

Arthur

Quote from: whitejc on May 27, 2021, 12:15:40 AM

Francois described his EPL bow, as "a dream come true", a personal milestone which will live long on the memory.

"Coming on at left-back was a surprise since I've never played there before - not even in training.

I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I couldn't resist a wry smile when I read this. Nice one, Scotty.

WORTHINGFULHAM

Quote from: Arthur on May 27, 2021, 12:25:51 AM

I know it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I couldn't resist a wry smile when I read this. Nice one, Scotty.

which bit? The fact he got bought on to play left back, a position that he has never played in before as a midfielder?

Arthur

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on May 27, 2021, 12:32:43 AM
which bit? The fact he got bought on to play left back, a position that he has never played in before as a midfielder?

Yes, that bit. I don't see that it could be anything other than this.

I see some humour in the fact Francois has, as it were, 'let slip' he had to make his first team debut against Premier League opponents in a role that could hardly be more alien. I can imagine Parker having a word with him in the manner of an errant schoolboy up before the Headmaster.

Asotosyios

I was about to comment on that too. Not sure if I should be surprised or should have expected it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Luka

Quote from: whitejc on May 27, 2021, 12:21:52 AM
PSG Mercato: Alphonse Areola Could Be Heading to Serie A as His Agent Offers Him to an Italian Club

After a successful loan to Fulham FC, despite the club's relegation to the Championship, the future of Alphonse Areola will again be examined by Paris Saint-Germain's leaders.

Under contract with the capital club until 2023, the London-based club will not exercise the purchase option built into the loan to keep the 28-year-old goalkeeper, who was voted the best player of the season by Fulham supporters.

Nonetheless, Areola's agent, Mino Raiola, is working hard to find his client a new home, and it appears he might have found him one. According to  Corriere dello Sport (via Canal Supporters), Raiola has offered his client to AS Roma.

With the arrival of José Mourinho on the bench next season, Romas wants a new goalkeeper. The Italian media outlet reports that Raiola spoke with the general manager of AS Roma, Tiago Pinto. However, the Italian club's number one pick is Wolverhampton's Rui Patricio, who shares the same agent as José Mourinho.

Alphonse Areola remains a genuine interest for the Serie A side and could look to pay €10-million. Still, Roma could favor a loan plus an option to buy formula to keep its finances and strengthen other positions.

https://psgtalk.com/2021/05/psg-mercato-alphonse-areola-could-be-heading-to-serie-a-as-his-agent-offers-him-to-an-italian-club/

€10m..... we have an option to buy on the table but we are not going for Areola. He is the best we have had since Edwin van der Sar and  that is not big money for a world class keeper (IMO). Must be his wage demands !!

alfie

Quote from: Luka on May 27, 2021, 09:19:12 AM
Quote from: whitejc on May 27, 2021, 12:21:52 AM

€10m..... we have an option to buy on the table but we are not going for Areola. He is the best we have had since Edwin van der Sar and  that is not big money for a world class keeper (IMO). Must be his wage demands !!
Yes but can't see him signing to play in championship.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bobby01

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on May 27, 2021, 12:32:43 AM

What we have been saying all year,square pegs in round holes.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

filham

It would be a shame to lose Tosin after just one season with us as he could well be at the center of a good defense for us next season.
If Norwich want him and if he wants to move then we must ensure they pay a big fee.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: filham on May 27, 2021, 10:21:41 AM
It would be a shame to lose Tosin after just one season with us as he could well be at the center of a good defense for us next season.
If Norwich want him and if he wants to move then we must ensure they pay a big fee.

I've heard a rumour that there is a buy out clause in his contract, which is also rumoured to be not a large amount.