https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Josh Maja not for us?

Started by Southcoastffc, May 28, 2021, 09:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Sounds as if Maja isn't staying.

Invalid Tweet ID?s=19
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SP

Presumably we couldn't afford his wages even if we wanted to retain him?

JimmyConway

Just a personal view but the way we play and if Parker is still in charge I think he struggles in the championship to get regular game time let alone be prolific.
He seems a nice lad and wish him all the best.

Having said that I would take him over Kamara all day long.

filham

If we are not going to keep Mitro then surely Maj., Cav., Reid and Lookman must be classed as having failed and in need of replacement.

Finnans Right Peg

Would deffo take him on loan with an option to buy .Dont think he was given a proper chance but you can say thta for most of our attack

WORTHINGFULHAM

Quote from: SP on May 28, 2021, 09:34:28 PM
couldnt aford his wages? Hes a fringe player at Bordeaux with poor stats to suit, before that was playing for sunderland in the lower leagues. We dont want him is the bottom line, we could afford him 10 times over if he was the real ticket, sadly he isnt, all a bit above his level.

@jolslover

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on May 28, 2021, 10:27:19 PM
Quote from: SP on May 28, 2021, 09:34:28 PM
couldnt aford his wages? Hes a fringe player at Bordeaux with poor stats to suit, before that was playing for sunderland in the lower leagues. We dont want him is the bottom line, we could afford him 10 times over if he was the real ticket, sadly he isnt, all a bit above his level.

Agree, although I actually feel with a consistent run of games he would do well in the Champ..
STH H3

MartyFFC

A goal in every 5 games playing in a garbage league; thanks but no thanks

ALG01

saha was not tearing up any trees when we got him.
6 goals in 56 games
53 in 117 for us
i recall well people raised their eyebrows at saha coming and i am certain our current DoF would never have had the imagination to bring him to fulham

for what is worth i always liked saha and thought it was a brilliant signing and fortunately one that worked out
not all things do but him I alwasy felt just jeeded to be in the right place.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on May 28, 2021, 10:06:17 PM
If we are not going to keep Mitro then surely Maj., Cav., Reid and Lookman must be classed as having failed and in need of replacement.

We have been given parchuate payments to cover the wages of players like Seri, Cav and Reid, but if they aren't good enough for the championship then we don't get more TV money for other players.

Parchuate Payments are to pay the wages of failed premier league players, like Mitrovic last time we went down. We may get to sell a player like Ryan Sessegnon last time fir a profit, but otherwise money will be short.

In the end players bought for the premier league that failed will be the core of our team, if they aren't good enough not much can get us promoted.

perry geyton

Loan him again for next season as a reinforcement
Bit part player but I think he's decent

How on earth could his wages be high
8G  Max

SuffolkWhite

I thought he had something about him but was not played enough, but then Mitro was not played enough either!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Statto

Honestly believe all things considered his level is around the bottom half of the Championship. Absolutely shocking (well, if we didn't have a shambolic PL record under TK it would be shocking) that when we needed a PL-quality striker in January to save our season, we waited until deadline day and this was what we got.

RaySmith

Fulham don't want to exercise their option to buy according to Saturday Fulham Stuff below, and his home club Bordeaux  have made it it known to Prem clubs that he is for sale, with Saints  interested.

I couldn't really tell how good he was, with his limited game time, and the type of striker he was, similar to Mitro, in that he  he seemed best around the box, able to  seize on chances, rather than taking on defences at pace and getting  a shot in on target, testing the keeper, which we sorely seemed to lack, and  other clubs around  us possessed, like Burnley and Newcastle for example, with more than one of this kind  of goalscorer.

If you compare him to Babel, who came to us at a similar late time in the previous relegation season, and who made an immediate impression in a struggling attack, then Maja failed to deliver much.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: RaySmith on May 29, 2021, 03:44:08 AM
Fulham don't want to exercise their option to buy according to Saturday Fulham Stuff below, and his home club Bordeaux  have made it it known to Prem clubs that he is for sale, with Saints  interested.

I couldn't really tell how good he was, with his limited game time, and the type of striker he was, similar to Mitro, in that he  he seemed best around the box, able to  seize on chances, rather than taking on defences at pace and getting  a shot in on target, testing the keeper, which we sorely seemed to lack, and  other clubs around  us possessed, like Burnley and Newcastle for example, with more than one of this kind  of goalscorer.

If you compare him to Babel, who came to us at a similar late time in the previous relegation season, and who made an immediate impression in a struggling attack, then Maja failed to deliver much.

Agree with this

Twig

Quote from: RaySmith on May 29, 2021, 03:44:08 AM

Tend to agree but it really was hard to judge his abilities given his limited game time.

JackHamlet90

Depends on price if he is available for 5m I would say he is a good signing & could get some goals but for the rumoured 10m they want I can understand why we will look elsewhere

toshes mate

I honestly do not believe that the past two and a half seasons have been the best times for players who needed a reasonably well balanced team in a well coached structure and with tactical nous to have a decent time.  I have given my reasons why that has happened elsewhere, but I'd find it difficult to judge all but the most confident and competent performers within that time.  Maja looked promising but like many of our players lacked an ability to find their niche and consistently play satisfactory and rewarding roles within the structure provided.  Maja is in good company as an also ran because the players given the most appearance opportunities all lacked whatever it takes.  None of our forwards was inspirational a malaise also suffered by the attacking part of our midfeld. 

With a better coach would these players have done better?  Hard to tell except for the fact that the regulars who did play didn't score at anything like the required rate and never looked like improving.  Maja was no better no worse than the regular bunch but just got marginalised when he didn't produce a miracle cure to a disease that was never going to be contained by the inept coaching on offer.  More of the same will happen without serious changes to personnel other than players IMO.  We need to buy and coach better by at least a magnitude to get the Club playing well again.   

bog

I do not want to see Kamara in a Fulham shirt again.

092.gif

blingo

Without an attacking midfield and decent wingers who can cross a ball, it won't matter if we bring in Cavani, Bamford or anyone else. You have to provide service to strikers full stop. Isn't it amazing how when Mitro or Maja were played they ended up standing waiting for the ball or throwing their arms up in frustration? This is about us not having that attacking midfield or breaking fast enough to beat defences. Funny how with service Mitro scored FIVE in two and a half games. It's too much of a coincidence that week after week it was the same old Parkerball that led to nothing other than lets not lose, as has been mentioned countless times on here. I find it very sad that we are again in a position whereby we have to rebuild, so here we go again, another 5-10 weeks of integrating players and teaching them to play Parker ball. We will be lucky to finish in the top half of the Championship at this rate. We need a complete restructure at FFC. At some point SK is going to have to take the reins and sort the very sorry mess that SP and TK have created. They are destroying the club I love and it hurts me very much to see our sad demise.