watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Josh Maja not for us?

Started by Southcoastffc, May 28, 2021, 09:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mullers OG

Maja didn't set the world alight after he arrived but he worked hard and caused no problems. I think given time he will make the grade.  If it's a decision between him and Kamara it's a no brainer. Maja is so much better.

Whitestone

Maja was underused in a team that struggled for goals. When he did get opportunities to play I felt that Parker didn't get the best out of him. You could see he had an eye for goal but playing in a struggling team didn't help. Just a gut feeling but I think we could regret it if we don't sign him.

All of the above applies to Mitro too. We had two decent strikers in the squad. Had the manager chosen to he could have set the team up to play to their strengths. I'd like to know why he didn't.

filham

Maja rally looked no better than Cav. and Reid and they have already demonstrated they are nothing special when playing for us in the championship.
We need new attacking players.

roberto w6

Quote from: filham on May 29, 2021, 09:37:54 AM
Maja rally looked no better than Cav. and Reid and they have already demonstrated they are nothing special when playing for us in the championship.
We need new attacking players.

Totally agree, we need new dynamic attacking players.
If we are serious about building a squad over the next 2 seasons that can survive in the PL, we'll also need strength in depth and I'd be happy with all 3 of those on the bench while we develop the team we need. All triers and on their day all can look very good in the Championship. Cav was hammered on here all season but in the right position (wing) at the right level (Championship) he can come on and do a job when needed.

Ruislip White

Quote from: bog on May 29, 2021, 08:25:07 AM
I do not want to see Kamara in a Fulham shirt again.

092.gif
Same here.  Maja wasn't Prem league quality.  You could see that from his first touch alone, but was worth a chance in the championship and I'd certainly take him over AK all day long.

Willham

Quote from: blingo on May 29, 2021, 08:33:40 AM
Without an attacking midfield and decent wingers who can cross a ball, it won't matter if we bring in Cavani, Bamford or anyone else. You have to provide service to strikers full stop. Isn't it amazing how when Mitro or Maja were played they ended up standing waiting for the ball or throwing their arms up in frustration? This is about us not having that attacking midfield or breaking fast enough to beat defences. Funny how with service Mitro scored FIVE in two and a half games. It's too much of a coincidence that week after week it was the same old Parkerball that led to nothing other than lets not lose, as has been mentioned countless times on here. I find it very sad that we are again in a position whereby we have to rebuild, so here we go again, another 5-10 weeks of integrating players and teaching them to play Parker ball. We will be lucky to finish in the top half of the Championship at this rate. We need a complete restructure at FFC. At some point SK is going to have to take the reins and sort the very sorry mess that SP and TK have created. They are destroying the club I love and it hurts me very much to see our sad demise.

Where is your evidence that this is a disaster? We have pretty much exactly the same team we had when we won promotion last time and then we have the same spine that won us promotion the time before?
I keep reading "we'll be lucky to finish mid table' 'a large rebuild on the cards' is they? I really dont see a large rebuild?
If we can add one or two good players then this team will be very hard to beat in the championship.

This season we've done well with what we've got IMO and we're falling into the championship with a plan, we had this is the back of our mind at the start of the season and I feel like we're in the best position of any club that's previously relegated.

Look at bournemouth, their squad on paper looked too good for the championship which meant half the team have left l, some having lived up to their name in the champ. And now they've missed out on an immediate return.

I do not see us being in a position like that, we'll hang on to the majority of players, bring back many decent squad players for the champ. And have a few good youngsters who'll get a chance to push on to first team this year.

I'm very excited for the year to come. Ice really enjoyed carvalho so far, he attacks with intent and flair and as long as SP doesnt train that out of him we'll have a good time.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Not all that bothered about Maja's departure. It was asking a lot for him to save us given his record and not having played in the Premier League before and he wasn't much of an improvement in my view.

Nero

If I was a centre forward I wouldn't want to join Fulham under Parker, no service hoping for scraps then being replaced by a player that couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo

MickTheBeard

With the present climate around the world a lot of football clubs are short of money,with the right dof their are some good bargains to have this coming season.As for Maja he's nothing special,although his two goals against Everton were important,they Everton were very poor that day and just recently played and looked jaded.And remember he did leave us and jump ship to Man City who then dumped him.He used us once,why trust him if he's not what we are looking for he would do it again.

Luka

Maja isn't anything special and not one to make a fuss about in my opinion.
Plus anyone who has watched "Sunderland til I die" on Netflix will know he has zero loyalty and an agent that will move him on as often as possible.

colinwhite

Quote from: Statto on May 29, 2021, 01:45:48 AM
Honestly believe all things considered his level is around the bottom half of the Championship. Absolutely shocking (well, if we didn't have a shambolic PL record under TK it would be shocking) that when we needed a PL-quality striker in January to save our season, we waited until deadline day and this was what we got.

Agree with that Statto ! 

colinwhite

Quote from: Whitestone on May 29, 2021, 08:54:34 AM
Maja was underused in a team that struggled for goals. When he did get opportunities to play I felt that Parker didn't get the best out of him. You could see he had an eye for goal but playing in a struggling team didn't help. Just a gut feeling but I think we could regret it if we don't sign him.

All of the above applies to Mitro too. We had two decent strikers in the squad. Had the manager chosen to he could have set the team up to play to their strengths. I'd like to know why he didn't.

Unlucky to get a perfectly good goal disallowed against spurs ,but missed a sitter against palace with his head. Didnt have the pace for the premiership.

grandad

Maja had to endure playing the lone CF as Mitro has done. Both would be prolific if we has Bryan & or Sess providing the crosses & getting in the box as support.
I would take him on loan again. Nothing to lose.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Whitestone

Quote from: colinwhite on May 29, 2021, 05:14:18 PM

Unlucky to get a perfectly good goal disallowed against spurs ,but missed a sitter against palace with his head. Didnt have the pace for the premiership.

Maja was another player that Parker chose not to use. None of us will know the politics, same as Mitro,  but we had a young striker that spent far too long on the bench. I could understand that if others were chipping in with goals. Maybe he wasn't the answer for the season gone but I reckon he'd be a 20 goal plus striker in the Championship.

Whitestone

Quote from: colinwhite on May 29, 2021, 05:14:18 PM

Pace ? Harry Kane doesn't have any pace. Scores a lot of goals though. So does Patrick Bamford. Both very intelligent players.  Don't disregard Maja. Think he's got a future somewhere.

Somerset Fulham

Maja is streets ahead of Kamara, but that's just about all I have.

Karlos

Rather have Maja than Kamara but seen we've been linked with the boy Dikes who was at Barnsley on loan who id rather have over them both