more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Champions League Final

Started by grandad, May 29, 2021, 12:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitestone

Quote from: PaulJ123 on May 29, 2021, 10:22:48 PM
Chelsea were a lot better than City and totally deserved it. No shame in saying that as well as Brentford deserving it.

I think this is true. Just a shame the results didn't go the other way.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: SP on May 29, 2021, 10:14:57 PM
As someone just commented on TFI, all we need now is the announcement that Bill Gates has purchased QPR....

LOL!

It's not been the best of days for us lot, but fair play to both sides that have won today. This Chelsea side is....likeable in comparison to the previous levels of utter filth that they have produced.

And no, this doesn't mean that I want to support them, or buy their shirts etc etc.

Until Mr 5G Gates rocks up and buys the Shepherds Bush do as you likeys, we still have them to laugh at.

bobby01

I'm disappointed I cannot find Terry in any photo's.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

alfie

Quote from: blingo on May 29, 2021, 10:41:32 PM
I'm sorry but i just don't get the animosity on here. You talk like we should hate everyone around us. Why??? The two best teams won today end of. If we had had managers of that quality, we would not be in the pile of dung we are in now, which to me personally is far far more important than slagging off any other team. Some people on here really do need to grow up.
Interesting Blingo, if I come on here saying that I quite like TK and SP, I will get all sorts of abuse thrown at me, yet if I say I don't like Chelsea or Brentford winning, I'm told to grow up.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

blingo

Quote from: alfie on May 30, 2021, 09:49:13 AM
I'm sorry but i just don't get the animosity on here. You talk like we should hate everyone around us. Why??? The two best teams won today end of. If we had had managers of that quality, we would not be in the pile of dung we are in now, which to me personally is far far more important than slagging off any other team. Some people on here really do need to grow up.
Interesting Blingo, if I come on here saying that I quite like TK and SP, I will get all sorts of abuse thrown at me, yet if I say I don't like Chelsea or Brentford winning, I'm told to grow up.

Where have I mentioned you at all Mr Alfie?

alfie

Quote from: blingo on May 30, 2021, 10:36:06 AM
Interesting Blingo, if I come on here saying that I quite likeh TK and SP, I will get all sorts of abuse thrown at me, yet if I say I don't like Chelsea or Brentford winning, I'm told to grow up.

You didn't, read what I said "if", that's the point Mr B, you come on daily slagging off TKand SP and your entitled to do that, so really shouldn't tell people to grow up for having a go at Chelsea or a.n.others, I honestly felt disappointed that they both won and that's my entitlement.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Arthur

Quote from: alfie on May 30, 2021, 11:06:24 AM
You didn't, read what I said "if", that's the point Mr B, you come on daily slagging off TKand SP and your entitled to do that, so really shouldn't tell people to grow up for having a go at Chelsea or a.n.others, I honestly felt disappointed that they both won and that's my entitlement.

I agree.

I didn't want Ch***ea or Brentford to win either. It's called rivalry. I know where to draw the line, however. And from what I've read, so do those others who have commented on this thread.

On the other hand, on a daily basis, people on here express their dislike of either Parker or T.K. or both - or RLC or Cavaleiro or Mitrovic for that matter - sometimes in language far more disparaging - spiteful even - than anything that has appeared on these few pages.

Fulham 442

Interesting Blingo, if I come on here saying that I quite likeh TK and SP, I will get all sorts of abuse thrown at me, yet if I say I don't like Chelsea or Brentford winning, I'm told to grow up.

Completely agree with this.  I wanted Chelsea to win for my Chelsea supporting cousin who went to Porto for the match.  I wanted Swansea to win as I have stated on other threads, as they were playing Brentford.

Twig

Have to say I had the same reaction. As it happens I've always quite liked Brentford and couldn't care less about Chelsea but from someone who persistently slags off our own manager that was a bit rich.

john dempsey

Just like to say that is how you referee a match and
that's how VAR should be used
not like the clowns of the premier league do it.

SP

Post of the day, couldn't be bothered to highlight such hypocrisy last night.

blingo

But my vexation is also coupled with frustration and the desire to see my team become winners. TBH I couldn't give a monkeys about Chelsea ManC or any other team. You of course have the right to post as you wish, as I also have the right to see it as pointless hating or slagging off other teams.

3rdgenfan

Had a mate who went to the match and met Steve Sidwell and Wayne Bridge in a bar and had a few drinks with them. The fact my mate was wearing a John Terry shirt didn't make things awkward with Wayne Bridge at all

RaySmith

Don't like City or Chelsea, so wasn't that bothered who won, had no interest in the game.

They are both very wealthy clubs, and that is  the reason for their continuing success, and both teams have owners whose wealth comes from morally questionable sources - except noone ever seems to question it, certainly not their fans.

As for Brentford. Well not coming from West London, I'd be hard to find it on the map, though have visited their ground several times to see Fulham play.
I am jealous of them, but can see they are deserving of respect, and have come close in the play-offs so many times, so you can't say they don't deserve it.

How well will they do in the Prem?
Have to admit that I want them to fail, but would have to give them  grudging respect if they  survive in the Prem.
But, if they can do it, surely Fulham should be able to do at least as well, whereas we can't really compare ourselves to Chelsea or City, with their wealth.

Though i remember going to Chelsea with mates every other week in the 60's, and we didn't have much animosity towards them, and some supported both teams, though i never liked the impersonal nature of the 'dog track' ,with heavy stewarding  for us kids trying to get autographs, and   don't think i could have ever supported them.

But the animosity, verging on hatred didn't  really exist in the 60's, more like friendly rivalry, except in Glasgow perhaps, where there's always been the toxic  sectarian rivalry, that comes from deeper historical and social reasons outside of football.

But now the rivalry between  many English clubs, once seen as grudgingly respectful, often seems to verge on  hatred, though not really much  rational reason for it.
But this reflects  modern society, i suppose, with so much  division and  hatred publicly expressed  over many things, without much rational basis.