https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker Out

Started by Luka, May 23, 2021, 07:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickeyboro

Quote from: Twig on May 28, 2021, 10:56:48 AM
Quote from: Mickeyboro on May 25, 2021, 03:38:11 PM
If Parker hadn't agreed to be Tony's stooge he would still be coaching Spurs U18 or at best Stevenage.

He knew what he was signing up to and everything in the last 6 months, including coached TV interviews spouting the same disconnected jargon, has been to promote 'Brand Scotty'. Hence the media love-in and demand from Bournemouth, etc.

In reality he is no more adept than, say, Woodgate. His experience has been gained at Fulham's expense and he should continue his education elsewhere...

It isn't any replacement going to be just another stooge if they are to last under Tony?

Sadly, yes. That is why Tony must stand down.

filham

Well the season finished a week ago and no news about Scott leaving, looks to me as if he is staying unless Spurs make a move for him.

blingo

They won't. Levy isn't That stupid

Logicalman

Quote from: blingo on May 28, 2021, 05:03:40 PM

For once, regarding SP, I agree totally Blingo!  :033:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

blingo

Quote from: Logicalman on May 29, 2021, 01:09:11 PM
Quote from: blingo on May 28, 2021, 05:03:40 PM

For once, regarding SP, I agree totally Blingo!  :033:

I worry when you agree with me Mr Logical

Dunstable Fulham

Both Parker and Tony Khan need to go. That combo ain't going to work if we are going to sustain ourselves in the premier league. Tony's too busy with other things. It can never be more than a watching brief with him. People with senior watching briefs have loads of experience and knowledge and really understand their brief. Without it you have disaster which is what we have.
I feel sorry for Parker in some respects but his approach, tactics and philosophy are boring, dull and I can't stomach another season like the last one in the championship- I fell asleep at games several times.

Dodger53

Scott Parker was not a great player and is a poor football team manager, he may be a great bloke to play/work for. I think I was a good man manager but I wasn't a great engineer. Agood engineer but not top table. He hasto go and the soonerthe better .

Whitestone

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on May 29, 2021, 09:37:26 PM
Both Parker and Tony Khan need to go. That combo ain't going to work if we are going to sustain ourselves in the premier league. Tony's too busy with other things. It can never be more than a watching brief with him. People with senior watching briefs have loads of experience and knowledge and really understand their brief. Without it you have disaster which is what we have.
I feel sorry for Parker in some respects but his approach, tactics and philosophy are boring, dull and I can't stomach another season like the last one in the championship- I fell asleep at games several times.

I agree with a lot of what you say, particularly regarding TK. He must and surely will relinquish some of his responsibilities. Fortunately it does look like the club recognise that with the recruitment a Director of Scouting. The football under Parker has been sooo boooooring but it did get us to the Prem so it can't be totally disregarded. If he is to succeed in management he surely must change his philosophy and play to win. Two or three key signings this summer with the retention of Anguissa and Mitro would significantly help.

Dunstable Fulham

Quote from: Whitestone on May 30, 2021, 12:04:20 AM
Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on May 29, 2021, 09:37:26 PM

I agree with a lot of what you say, particularly regarding TK. He must and surely will relinquish some of his responsibilities. Fortunately it does look like the club recognise that with the recruitment a Director of Scouting. The football under Parker has been sooo boooooring but it did get us to the Prem so it can't be totally disregarded. If he is to succeed in management he surely must change his philosophy and play to win. Two or three key signings this summer with the retention of Anguissa and Mitro would significantly help.

I agree - if Parker will adapt and become more attack minded I would be happy to see him stay. I very much fear that he won't. I also have concerns about his man management skills and ability to get the best out of our attacking players. Given this we can't  afford to mess up the firs half of next season and the make
a change. I would rather get somebody in who will hit the ground running with this stuff.

Whitestone

Quote from: Dodger53 on May 29, 2021, 10:37:53 PM
Scott Parker was not a great player and is a poor football team manager, he may be a great bloke to play/work for. I think I was a good man manager but I wasn't a great engineer. Agood engineer but not top table. He hasto go and the soonerthe better .

Not a great player ? He played for some top teams in the Premier League and England.

The football in the Championship under Parker was dull but he did get us promoted so that's a positive. After last season I totally understand why people want him gone. I'm not against it but not 100% convinced it's the way forward.

Matt10

Look, I've had my say about Parker. My main issue with him was man management and making illogical choices in the PL. I was a fan of him in the championship, and since we're back there, I'm still a fan.

I posted this the other day to show just how good our attack can be. Yes, that's Knockaert stealing the ball. Look at how many numbers we have in the box. This is what was missing in the PL.

toshes mate

Parker will only be 'attack minded' when and if he is capable of changing his coaching philosophy.  He has already demonstrably shown he is not capable - he had games with zero hanging on them to experiment and he was a fail the whole time.  His man management capability flows  through time and is never set in stone.  The players who get his nod have appreciated his loyalty, as expected, but they haven't delivered any more than he has.  There is no safety in numbers where incompetency is concerned and it only survives when the top person has an agenda other than that clearly stated. 

If the Khans have any honesty and logic in their reasoning and decision making both Parker and the younger Khan will admit to falling very short of reasonable expectation for two whole seasons and be accepting of dismissal and replacement.  Perhaps then the Club will recruit people who can deliver to expectation.  I just hope that when the Khans do find a decent head coach, this time they will retain them and not unwisely sack them because their agenda says they can.