more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's now appearing that Mr Parker

Started by H4usuallysitting, June 01, 2021, 12:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blawarmy

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 01, 2021, 04:35:11 PM
Interestingly, the hierarchy have the hump with Mr Parker.....as they're unhappy with his comments over player recruitment..... wasn't this the same problem that Joka had
Shouldn't Shad take action or has he left Tony solely in charge of all things Fulham?

blingo

It's the same problem they have ALL had. I find it ridiculous that Daddy hasn't gracefully removed boy wonder.

LittleErn

Quote from: PaulJ123 on June 01, 2021, 10:58:38 AM
Quote from: JimmyConway on June 01, 2021, 10:52:00 AM
I was starting to lean towards perhaps Parker staying as i thought an announcement would of been made a week ago. The longer it went on the more unlikely Parker left was my take on it.
Do think we will see more than just one announcement within the football structure of the team.

Agreed, surely an announcement would've been made last week.

Good thing we got that Andersen long pass compilation though!

#HoweIn

Why would they make an announcement before they had lined up someone better to take over? Very rarely do successful entrepeneurs act in anger. The silence signifies nothing. It could mean they have decided to stick with Parker, but it could equally mean that they are working behind the scenes to find a preferable replacement.

Nero

Ancelotti off to Madrid, perhaps Everton will make a move for Parker

Fernhurst

The current position is a Mexican standoff.
The American contingent don't wish or have any inclination to sack Parker as that would be too expensive and since the Parker's comments in the press the determination has set in.
If Bournemouth (or anyone else) wants him they can pay for the privilege.
Parker is never going to resign as that would stop him receiving many millions.
So here we are are stuck in this silence until someone blinks.
My monies on TK and he will be sacked this week.........although as with an unhappy player they may just keep him on tenterhooks for a while longer for their satisfaction but to the detriment of our club.

The games they play around money money money.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bobby01

Personally I think as most contracts do not run out until the 30 th June. Not a lot will happen before then.

On another point, Parker did say he was fully involved in the players coming in, Onomah and I believe Rlc, were both at his insistence.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Arthur

If our Chairman is considering whether to retain Parker for next season, it's far from an easy decision to make. We haven't yet reached the stage whereby Parker simply has to go because whomever is appointed to replace him couldn't fail to do better. Our Head Coach does have positive qualities. There is, perhaps, a level of professionalism and an insistence upon standards of conduct that, even were he to depart, the Club are keen for a successor to maintain. As such, it may be that our Chairman will not dispense with Parker until and unless he can be sure of his replacement.

And while our Chairman will likely be aware Parker's brand of football is not popular among supporters, he will know that substance (in the form, next season, of promotion) tends to trump style and were Parker to take us back up again, the majority of fans would be happy despite the uninspiring fare on the pitch.

Our Chairman may even be influenced by the fact that the removal of Jokanovic did not yield an upturn in fortune; he may feel there were lessons to learn from that dismissal and now is the time to demonstrate this.

My feeling is that Parker will remain in charge. The prospect doesn't excite me, but, without knowing how the transfer window will unfold, I have confidence he would secure a play-off spot. Nevertheless, were he to go, I would regard it as more of an opportunity than a loss.

Southcoastffc

There's an awful lot of pure speculation on this thread, phrased as if it's knowledge!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bobby01

Quote from: Arthur on June 01, 2021, 06:25:19 PM
If our Chairman is considering whether to retain Parker for next season, it's far from an easy decision to make. We haven't yet reached the stage whereby Parker simply has to go because whomever is appointed to replace him couldn't fail to do better. Our Head Coach does have positive qualities. There is, perhaps, a level of professionalism and an insistence upon standards of conduct that, even were he to depart, the Club are keen for a successor to maintain. As such, it may be that our Chairman will not dispense with Parker until and unless he can be sure of his replacement.

And while our Chairman will likely be aware Parker's brand of football is not popular among supporters, he will know that substance (in the form, next season, of promotion) tends to trump style and were Parker to achieve this again, the majority of fans would be happy despite the uninspiring fare on the pitch.

Our Chairman may even be influenced by the fact that the removal of Jokanovic did not yield an upturn in fortune; he may feel there were lessons to learn from that dismissal and now is the time to demonstrate this.

My feeling is that Parker will remain in charge. The prospect doesn't excite me, but, without knowing how the transfer window will unfold, I have confidence he would secure a play-off spot. Nevertheless, were he to go, I would regard it as more of an opportunity than a loss.

I for 1 would forgo promotion next season for a better style of football. For me if I am to spend my hard earned money and 5/6 hours of my time to watch a game, I would not be going to watch what has been served up over the past 2 seasons.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: ALG01 on June 01, 2021, 12:16:16 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 01, 2021, 12:15:34 AM
Is not in the good books of the Fulham hierarchy, and his future is under discussion....maybe that's why Mr T Khan hasn't put his head above the parapet

Not with a view to saying you are wrong, but where have you heard that? I keep looking for anything substantial or even just rumours and I can find nothing.

OR is it the silence that leads you to that conclusion?

Just wondered

I'm a cab driver.....you wouldn't believe what we're told & hear

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 01, 2021, 06:34:42 PM
There's an awful lot of pure speculation on this thread, phrased as if it's knowledge!

It's only what I've heard

Somerset Fulham

I think there are 5 Premier League spots to fill before you reach the likes of us and West Brom - there really is no rush with this. Getting our 'man' if Parker is to be replaced, is going to be a long way off I would have thought.

WORTHINGFULHAM

Quote from: Southcoastffc on June 01, 2021, 06:34:42 PM
Correct, fans dont like being in the dark, its almost like they want a hotline to every move made, i get it, but thats not how it works. If there is no news its because there is no news, we will hear when decsions have been made, not what might happen. Trust me, the wheels will be turning in all departments and when deals are confirmed they will say. Easy on the panic....😂

perry geyton

Quote from: Nero on June 01, 2021, 05:40:29 PM
Ancelotti off to Madrid, perhaps Everton will make a move for Parker
Yeah I mean why wouldn't you, 1 point in 10 games I'd be all over him too 🤣

I think Scotty needs to go learn his trade down in league 1 or 2

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: bobby01 on June 01, 2021, 06:36:01 PM

I for 1 would forgo promotion next season for a better style of football. For me if I am to spend my hard earned money and 5/6 hours of my time to watch a game, I would not be going to watch what has been served up over the past 2 seasons.
100% agree.... most (not all) of the football has been blooming awful to watch ...... if the fans are allowed back in how many will pay £100 for a day out to watch what has been supplied these past two season's?? 🤔⚽️⚽️
Would rather be entertained and not go up than scrape through to the EPL only to have another demotivating season.   Time will tell of course, but fingers crossed for a more positive 2021/22 season 😀
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

perry geyton

My fear personally would be Fran Lampard coming in,,, Scott Parker 2.0

filham

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on June 01, 2021, 08:21:01 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on June 01, 2021, 06:36:01 PM

100% agree.... most (not all) of the football has been blooming awful to watch ...... if the fans are allowed back in how many will pay £100 for a day out to watch what has been supplied these past two season's?? 🤔⚽️⚽️
Would rather be entertained and not go up than scrape through to the EPL only to have another demotivating season.   Time will tell of course, but fingers crossed for a more positive 2021/22 season 😀
COYW
What chairman is going to risk only nine goals at home next season, a lot of fans are going to react badly to that scoring rate quite early in the season.