more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff - 31/05/21...

Started by WhiteJC, May 31, 2021, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

The Fulham promotion heroes that Slavisa Jokanovic could reunite with at Sheffield United

The 53-year-old took the Cottagers up in 2018 and could look to bring some of those players to Bramall Lane.

Slavisa Jokanovic won promotion with Fulham in 2018.

Sheffield United boss Slavisa Jokanovic will be running the rule over his current crop in the coming months ahead of the transfer window.

The new Blades boss will be keen to add to his squad this summer as they aim to bounce back at the first time of asking.

Deciding on a formation will be key, with the Blades squad moulded for Chris Wilder 's 3-5-2 system after years of continuity.

Should Jokanovic move to the 4-3-3 system that helped Fulham earn promotion in 2018, then wingers will be on the shopping list this summer.

The Serbian coach could even reunite himself with some of those promotion heroes and with that in mind, YorkshireLive looks at the most likely candidates.

Neeskens Kebano

Kebano spent last season on loan at Middlesbrough after failing to make the grade for Scott Parker's Premier League squad.

The chances of a return to Teesside are slim and it remains to be seen if Fulham will reintegrate the 29-year-old back into their squad.

United will need to sign wide players if they're to move to 4-3-3 and Kebano fits the bill as a quick, direct option.

With one year left on his contract, a move to Bramall Lane could suit all parties.

Stefan Johansen

Should Sander Berge and John Lundstram leave, United will need a couple of central midfielders.

Johansen could fit the bill after impressing at Queens Park Rangers following a January loan switch.

The combative midfielder has been ditched on both occasions that Fulham have been in the Premier League and a permanent parting might suit both player and club.

The Cottagers are well stocked in central midfield and Johansen was a huge part of Fulham's promotion-winning team.

Denis Odoi

If either John Egan or Jack O'Connell depart, United may need some reinforcements in defence.

Odoi has one year left on his contract at Fulham and has bags of Championship and promotion experience.

Odoi can play at right-back or centre-half, with his added versatility another benefit.

At the age of 32, Odoi isn't one for the future but his experience could be invaluable if United want to challenge for promotion

Aboubakar Kamara

The 26-year-old forward is another player put on the scrap heap by Fulham after a breach of discipline.

Kamara joined Ligue 1 club Dijon on loan back on January deadline day after he reportedly refused to take part in a post-match training session.

It's unclear if Kamara will rejoin Parker's squad after his loan away and, with one year left on his deal, he could be another good addition for United.

Kamara is lightning quick and capable of playing on either wing or up front and he would offer Jokanovic a different outlet than the Blades currently boast.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-promotion-sheffield-united-jokanovic-20705726

WhiteJC

'Will never be forgotten', 'Feeling very sad right now' – These Fulham fans react to player message

Alphonse Areola has revealed his love for Fulham as his loan spell with the club comes to an end.

The keeper was a surprising addition last year as he joined for the campaign on a temporary basis from PSG. Considering his pedigree, with Areola having won titles with the French giants, Real Madrid and the World Cup, it was considered a major coup for the Cottagers.

And, Areola impressed, with his performances earning him the Player of the Season award, although he couldn't prevent the side from suffering relegation.

Following the drop to the Championship, the stopper was always going to leave, but he explained to Fulham's official site how the club will always have a place in his heart, as he thanked the fans for how they took to him.

As you would expect, this prompted a lot of messages from the support, with many keen to thank Areola for his displays.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/will-never-be-forgotten-feeling-very-sad-right-now-these-fulham-fans-react-to-player-message/

WhiteJC

'Future top four manager' - What Fulham players said on Sheffield United boss Slavisa Jokanovic

Aleksandar Mitrovic, Matt Targett and Ryan Sessegnon are among the players to have gone on the record with enthusiastic words of praise for the newly-appointed Blades manager

Blades players will be eagerly anticipating their first training session under new manager Slavisa Jokanovic following his unveiling at Chris Wilder's full-time successor at Bramall Lane.

But what can they expect when they do return for pre-season training to get themselves ready for life back in the Championship?

Jokanovic has a reputation as a demanding manager who places an emphasis on an energetic, attractive football, and those who have played under him have backed up that view down the years.

Here's what some of Jokanovic's former players from his time at Craven Cottage have had to say about the new Sheffield United boss.

Matt Targett on his loan spell at Craven Cottage: "My experience at Fulham was fantastic, I cannot speak any higher about the club and the people that work there, they made me feel very welcomed from day one. I loved every single minute of it.

"... Jokanovic was amazing to play for! A really good manager and I believe one day he will be the manager of a top four side."

A teenage Ryan Sessegnon on his emergence under Jokanovic: "For someone to have faith in you at the tender age of 16 is massive. This season he has had total confidence in me and I just want to repay him with my performances.

"Credit to the gaffer for playing me in a higher position. My debut season was a good one for me, especially at 16, but I said that I want to improve. That is what I am doing at the moment and I want to keep on going.

"The way we are playing at the moment has helped me develop as a player.

"The football we have been playing, especially in recent weeks, is a very attractive brand and I am grateful to the gaffer that he keeps choosing me."

Fulham skipper Tom Cairney on Jokanovic's style of play: "I believe in that way of playing. If you look at the teams that have dominated football for the last five or 10 years, that's the way they are playing.

"Everyone is different but I love to watch that type of football: the clever players, the technical players. The beautiful game.

"It's incredibly brave. To play out from the back, to take it into hostile stadiums. You can easily go into your shell and kick it long, but it is harder to take that extra touch and calm everything down.

"It's about believing in your ability, and believing in the right way to win games. You need to stick by that, no matter how loud the crowd is or how big the game is.

"The manager does not panic, and we always play the same way. He has to take a lot of credit for that, because playing the football that we do, in this division, is not easy."

Sone Aluko on Jokanovic's approach to training: "The manager has been very disciplined with us, telling us how to play and getting that point across.

"It's something we've worked on a lot, the shape, breaking teams down, how to press and how to get the ball back, so that's been good.

It's shown in our organisation and it's shown in our results. That's why we've kept so many clean sheets in pre-season."

Kevin McDonald on Jokanovic's demanding personality: "At training, everything is about winning the ball back. Press after loss, press after loss, all the time.

"We know we have to earn the right to play and the manager drills it in us every day. We will try and win the ball back as soon as we lose it and then keep the ball, make them run around and try and create chances, tire them out.

"He can be a bit intimidating, I'm sure, for certain people. I wouldn't say he's scary but I wouldn't cross him.

"He puts confidence in you and when you go out on the pitch you feel like you're going to win. That's what he wants. But if we're drifting away from that, he'll do whatever it takes to get back to it."

Aleksandar Mitrovic after Fulham sacked Jokanovic: "It's bad news for me, since everyone knows what impact he had on me and on my career in the previous 18 months. He did a lot for my career.

"We spoke yesterday, and he comforted me more than I did him.

"I was very, very sorry and I think everyone at the club is very disappointed, because of everything he gave to the club.

"In four years he brought the club from the club that fought for survival in the Championship to the Premier League.

"Everyone respects, appreciates and they love and everyone always thinks everything is wrong, but that's football, that's the job and that's the market today."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/fulham-players-said-slavisa-jokanovic-20709078

filham

I guess Mitro, Cairney and Stefjo could all be well remembered by Jocanovic and could become his prime targets, lets hope TK puts a huge price on their heads as they have a job to do at the Cottage.