News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many Premier League DoFs do you think did a good job?

Started by Somerset Fulham, June 03, 2021, 07:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

On points per million spent Leeds were best and Fulham about fourth with 3.0 million per point, Man City spent 9.7 million per point so I would say despite winning the league their dof didn't do a good job. It's a difficult metric to assess

Statto

Quote from: snarks on June 04, 2021, 07:58:17 PM
On points per million spent Leeds were best and Fulham about fourth with 3.0 million per point, Man City spent 9.7 million per point so I would say despite winning the league their dof didn't do a good job. It's a difficult metric to assess

Clearly that isn't including wages or loan fees or even contingent components of Tosin's fee I suspect. Otherwise we'd be a lot lower than 4th and, more pertinently, lower than almost all our bottom half peers

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 04, 2021, 10:26:31 AM
Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on June 03, 2021, 11:58:03 PM
TK is not much different than Gold & Sullivan, although younger and uses stats.
Either Gold and Sullivan know how to build a decent PL squad, or Moyes is a very good PL manager? Or both?

Moyes. Just like it was Hodgson with Al Fayed.

FulhamStu

You see despite his title of DOF I don't see TONY Khan filling that role at all.  What he is, is a director of recruitment.  A DOF would know with help from Jennings who to let go from the academy, what first team squad players to release, what out footballing strategy should be and loads more.  There is no way TK who is hardly ever at Motspur, and has little footballing background, even without covid can know any of that.  I think the club see Parker as someone they trust for the long haul, to play much of that role alongside Jennings running the academy.  Clubs work differently, titles may be the same but it's what goes on behind it that counts.  Now is say Glen Hoddle or Roy Hodgson was DOF that would be totally different.  It's all a bit arse over tit as the Head of Recruitment, which is what TK is, should report to the DOF, but because of the ownership and TK stats company we are where we are. 

Make TK Director in Chief or some fancy title. Appoint a proper DOF who can work with Jennings and Parker or whoever is First team manager and go from there.