watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream

Started by WindyCity, June 05, 2021, 06:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Associated Press reporting Ream has signed new deal to stay at FFC.  Didn't give details as to how long or for how much his deal is.  So, I guess he's in the team for upcoming season.

Dunstable Fulham

Good squad player. Loads of experience- great with the other players - a good person to have around the place. Treated poorly by Parker during the season in my view. He deserves a new short term deal.

alfie

Quote from: Dunstable Fulham on June 05, 2021, 08:38:51 PM
Good squad player. Loads of experience- great with the other players - a good person to have around the place. Treated poorly by Parker during the season in my view. He deserves a new short term deal.
Excuse me Mr Dunstable but how was he treated poorly, should he have played instead of Andersen or Tosin?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Swan

I agree with alfie. Ream did not deserve a place in the team ahead of the other two,
The Swan

Arthur

Quote from: WindyCity on June 05, 2021, 06:47:41 PM
So, I guess he's in the team for upcoming season.

He may be in the team, but it cannot be presumed. All that can be inferred is that he will be in the squad of 25.

AJW48361

Tim Ream top pro well worth a new contract. Dennis.

Somerset Fulham

I don't get the dislike for Ream on here.

Sure he may be out of his depth in the Premier League, but that's not his fault.  He's been a fantastic servant for the club and very capable at the level we currently find ourselves.

HobGoblin

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 05, 2021, 10:48:23 PM

Sure he may be out of his depth in the Premier League, but that's not his fault.  He's been a fantastic servant for the club and very capable at the level we currently find ourselves.

Disagree,was found wanting many times last promotion push with poor passing out from defence. Another 2 seasons later can expect the same if not worse.
As much as he has been a good servant for the club we need to look to replace him in the side for a fresh way ahead. Not just him mind, others need to be moved on too.

Andy S

You don't need to move players on until you have found the right players to replace them. You need squad players as well. Players that are older who will not play every week but still capable of doing a job

RaySmith

At the start of the season alongside Hector, Ream looked by far the most composed of the two, then a couple of weeks ago, at Man U, he did well, with Tosin.

So, a good squad player for the Champ., at least.

Whitestone

I really hope the days of Ream, Odoi and Le Marchand as regulars are gone because if they are not we will struggle for clean sheets. I have similar concerns if Hector plays regularly too. We are fortunate to have better players in the squad. Just need to get Kongolo fit and play him alongside Tosin who we simply mustn't sell this summer.

alfie

It's not a dislike for him personally, he is just past his best, I have always been a Ream follower, but there comes a time when we all have to move on.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Statto

Quote from: Arthur on June 05, 2021, 10:30:44 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on June 05, 2021, 06:47:41 PM
So, I guess he's in the team for upcoming season.

He may be in the team, but it cannot be presumed. All that can be inferred is that he will be in the squad of 25.

I wouldn't even infer that necessarily

HV71

Quote from: alfie on June 06, 2021, 09:05:24 AM

It's not a dislike for him personally, he is just past his best, I have always been a Ream follower, but there comes a time when we all have to move on.

+1 Alfie spot on

hovewhite

Kongolo to get fit.hes a sick note waiting to happen,team at least is always available to play and gives his all.

Whitestone

There is no dislike for Tim Ream just a variety of opinions about his performances and whether he should get regular game time next season.

He had an excellent season the year we went up with Slav but that was three years ago and it has been widely acknowledged that we needed an upgrade in the centre back department ever since that disastrous first season back in the Prem.

Ream may be regularly available and he may give his all but most players do. Those traits alone aren't enough which is why it is time to find a regular permanent partner for Tosin that isn't one of the old guard who we know aren't good enough for an ambitious team like Fulham.

Statto

Quote from: Whitestone on June 06, 2021, 01:14:27 PM
Ream may be regularly available and he may give his all but most players do. Those traits alone aren't enough which is why it is time to find a regular permanent partner for Tosin that isn't one of the old guard who we know aren't good enough for an ambitious team like Fulham.

Hector, surely

Don't actually think there's much between Hector and Tosin in terms of ability

Colton F.C.

A three legged Kongolo/Mawson would be my pick.

BarryP

Quote from: Statto on June 06, 2021, 05:23:25 PM

Hector, surely

Don't actually think there's much between Hector and Tosin in terms of ability

I think you have a Hector blind spot if you're trying to compare him to Tosin.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

filham

Tim Ream is a favourite of mine, I think he has played some very good matches and served us well. However I am not sure that at this point in his career he is the man to lead a promotion push.
Also we have a lot of players to cover the two center back positions, what is the pecking order.
Tosin, Ream, Hector. Kongola, Mawson, Odoi, not room for all of those in our first team squad.