https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Director of Scouting

Started by Jims Dentist, June 09, 2021, 10:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

Has there been any news on the above.

Lots of questions:
Does this mean that TK is stepping back without relinquished the DOF title?
Who is qualified to select the right candidate?
Will the five man Committee be reassembled to make the decision?

H4usuallysitting

I'm assuming covid has made the appointment more difficult...as for TK taking a back seat, nobody knows.....could be it's DOF dressed up in a different package

The Rational Fan

Nothing really changes, apart from all the scouting advice goes through one person (Head of Scouting). The Scouts role is still to advise the DOF and the DOF role is to advice the board, then make it happen.

The Process still has the same three challenges i) the Board is still free to reject the DOFs advice (not rumoured to be a problem under Tony Khan), ii) the DOF is still free to reject the advice of the scouts (rumoured to be the biggest problem at FFC but this problem is probably exagerated) and iii) the scouts are still free to give terrible advice to the DOF (not rumoured to be a problem by most, but I suspect most bad transfers started with terrible scouting advice especially those players like Seri that never had great statistics for their price tag).

The Head of Scouting is probably a minor improvement, but more important is to bring in another advisor (such as the head of scouting) or several scouts to correctly advise Tony Khan. As example, Ed Woodward (ie final decision maker on the football squad) has been both the best DOF (when advised by Sir Alex) and worst DOF (when advised by anyone else). Getting good advice is normally the key to any Directors success, there aren't enough hours in the day for anyone to evaluate every player available.

Tony Khan will ignore some advice that is his job, but if all the advice is good he probably won't make many mistakes. Advise needs to improve, saying that it seems defensive recruitment advice was excellent this season.

bog

Is he considering Baden Powell?  :022:

092.gif

filham

Quote from: bog on June 10, 2021, 07:36:12 AM
Is he considering Baden Powell?  :022:

092.gif
Or even Buffalo Bill, I think at one time he was a top Indian Scout.

FulhamStu

This is taking a very long time to sort out and yes, I would be very interested in who is involved in the recruitment.  Presumably TK, maybe Parker, Jennings even Mackintosh not that he would know anything remotely other than the financial side of things.  I live in hope that it's a bit of a convenient way of moving a lot of responsibilities from TK to a full time football person on site. 

Woolly Mammoth

Until the owners son keeps his nose out of the football side and let the professional qualified people do the job he is not capable or qualified to do. Nothing much will change, he is the Elephant in the room. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

Nothing much will change, he is the Elephant in the room.

Unfortunately- Changing that , Woolly, will indeed be a mammoth tusk , sorry - task

Riversider

The deadline for applications is the 11th June, so possibly we could hear something next week.