How many on here actually realise

Started by blingo, June 10, 2021, 10:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarks

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on June 10, 2021, 12:52:58 PM
Quote from: snarks on June 10, 2021, 12:16:40 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on June 10, 2021, 11:56:25 AM
Quote from: blingo on June 10, 2021, 10:53:11 AM
That TK is actually co owner of FFC. He will never step down and Daddy will never remove him from his post. 094.gif 094.gif 094.gif
interestingly,none of there sporting interests and activities have been in anyway successful.

Depends what you define as success, their value has increased from £770 million to £2.33 billion, and they've lost the conference final in The playoffs under his ownership. Also 12 out of the 32 teams have never won the Super Bowl

You can't know the game or the Jags and say this without being entirely sarcastic. The Jacksonville Jaguars with the exception of one freak season have been a shambles under the Khan's. No one has lost more games quicker as an NFL owner than Shahid Khan has - no one.

I was being slightly sarcastic, I think only the browns had a worse win loss record (until last season) than the Jags. Really the point was definition of success, if purely monetary he's succeeded with the Jags, as they also had tons of salary cap space so he's made money by exploiting share of revenue whilst not spending so much. Ifyou mean playing then of course not no success at all apart from 1 freak season.

bobbo

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 10, 2021, 12:00:53 PM
The khan's aren't bad owners. By any stretch of the imagination.
They could be far far worse.
Not necessarily good "football knowledge" but their hearts are definitely in the right place. The amount of negative comments surrounding them is astounding.
yes I take you reply to op onboard and to a degree I agree but we (so many on here) who like me played , watched for over 60 years can't all be wrong we want better in the areas where they are definately failing. I'm the last one wishing to nail them to the floor they aremassively successful business folk just apply a bit of their acumen to player purchases.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Penfold

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 10, 2021, 02:55:06 PM
Quote from: Penfold on June 10, 2021, 02:42:49 PM
Quote from: Andy S on June 10, 2021, 02:37:47 PM
Our situation has not been ideal over the last few seasons but we are not allowed to play on an equal playing field. The big clubs do not want us to. They do not want their positions compromised. We are just fodder to them and they will never be affected by relegation

Leicester have done OK and it's not that long ago we were in a division above. I'm not expecting us to win the league, but it's proof you can compete if well run.

The difference between us and Leicester is, they don't have Chelsea, QPR, Brentford to contend with.
We have three other clubs, of equal or greater stature than us, within a very short distance.

We are bigger than QPR and Brentford

Penfold

Quote from: Statto on June 10, 2021, 03:03:16 PM
Our situation has not been ideal over the last few seasons but we are not allowed to play on an equal playing field. The big clubs do not want us to. They do not want their positions compromised. We are just fodder to them and they will never be affected by relegation

Leicester have done OK and it's not that long ago we were in a division above. I'm not expecting us to win the league, but it's proof you can compete if well run.

The difference between us and Leicester is, they don't have Chelsea, QPR, Brentford to contend with.
We have three other clubs, of equal or greater stature than us, within a very short distance.

What difference does that make?
An extra 10,000 fans each week for Leicester?
Probably equates to about £5m per season
That ain't gonna be determinative of much

Spot on

FulhamStu

The Khans are great owners, we just need better football people running the football.

davew

Quote from: roberto w6 on June 10, 2021, 01:41:40 PM
I don't rate them as particularly bad owners

I don't rate them at all.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Penfold on June 10, 2021, 05:00:52 PM

Well, we're in the same league as QPR and a lower league than Brentford, so I'm not so sure.

blingo

Ground capacity QPR 18,439. Brentford 17,250.  Fulham, new ground capacity 29,600, so YES we are BIGGER than both qpr and brentford..

Jules

But this is a valid point. The amount of money thrown down the drain on poor players and bad managers who had to be paid off is ridiculous in recent seasons. I think the Leicester comparison is a completely fair and valid one. It wasn't long ago they were a division below us and since then they have won the Premier League and The FA cup. I also do not expect silverware but why can't we be a well run and managed premier league club? Wolves, Southampton, Palace and others can do it. I suppose the answer to this is our ownership and DoF model. I don't dispute the fact they have good intentions and put their money into the club but it seems like a constant yo yo situation with squad rebuilds and no real plan. It's very frustrating indeed!

Penfold

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 10, 2021, 06:21:05 PM
Quote from: Penfold on June 10, 2021, 05:00:52 PM

Well, we're in the same league as QPR and a lower league than Brentford, so I'm not so sure.

On that basis, you could argue AFC Bournemouth as being bigger as they've spent more seasons in the top division recently. Brentford have a new stadium that seats less than three sides at Craven Cottage. Better run? Most definitely. Bigger? No.

Luka

Quote from: FulhamStu on June 10, 2021, 05:23:52 PM
The Khans are great owners, we just need better football people running the football.

You nailed it.........100% correct.
Chucked money into the club, developed the ground and have behaved as if they want us to succeed.
They just keep cocking up on the football side.

Lighthouse

I don't think anybody has ever suggested seriously that we get rid of the Owners. I mean that would be madness. We may need a new system for MD and bringing in players. But this great wave of dislike and depression is pure invention and has no basis in football.

We have been promoted and relegated twice. Problems and mistakes have been repeated, I grant you. But then I look around at most football clubs, business,Governments. Fact is the same things happen there. We have a bigger capacity ground, we have an owner willing to spend money who would like to be at the top table. Let's hope mistakes are learned from soon.

But it is beyond me why we have this blanket of hate and distrust aimed at the club. The football has been dull, but again that is repeated at many clubs. We have a system in need of improvement at bringing in the right players. But that has always been the case.

We will see where all this goes but as many fans think relegation from the Championship more likely than promotion. We may find fans starting off from a point where disapointment isn't guaranteed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Statto

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 11, 2021, 10:50:44 AM
I don't think anybody has ever suggested seriously that we get rid of the Owners.

But it is beyond me why we have this blanket of hate and distrust aimed at the club.

This seems to be slightly contradictory. As you say at the start (and I agree) fans are generally supportive of SK as owner and pleased about the ground and bigger picture off the pitch. So I don't see the "hate and distrust aimed at the club" you refer to. It is more just frustration that the owner's resources, and the club's own potential, have been wasted on the pitch. The football operations, ie TK's remit with input from Mackintosh and Parker too, are a sh1tshow. In that respect we're as badly run now as any club, or as badly run as we've ever been in our history. So there is justified abuse aimed (mostly) in that specific area.