watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fab Four

Started by JimmyConway, June 09, 2021, 01:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

Nothing should surprise where Fulham are concerned we've seen it over the years. Now i would not bet against a big name coming in to replace Scott Parker as it's looking more likely it will be the case. The no smoke without fire comes to mind.
I could be so far off with the likely candidates but allowing that we are back in the championship these are the four i would think are possible options. There are and will be others but thought these four might suit our profile.

Eddie Howe - Chris Wilder - Frank Lampard - Steve Cooper

They all have plus points and minus points but who is most suitable taking everything into account the way Fulham have been run since Khan took over? Unless the structure of the scouting and player procurement changes whose most suitable for the position.

For me the wild card of these four is Chris Wilder as I am not totally convinced his a Fulham type manager if there is such a thing? but might be the hungriest of the four? Tend to think his football is quite direct and something Fulham fans especially the more purists might question if the results are going against us. With the current squad make up I'm not sure we have the players to suit his style unless we go for another revolving door window?

Steve Cooper has done extremely well with two playoff's and hands tied behind his back at Swansea when it came to spending. Good football played mentioned often as being one of the best young managers around and will go on to achieving in football. Could suit our infrastructure the most?

Frank went close at Derby plays a good style not afraid to play youngsters. Think he offers a bit more than Scott as a manager plus probably holds a bit more respect than the others and could be a perfect time for him to come in. Club might like the high profile manager?

Howe had Bournemouth playing some excellent football both in championship and premier league but for whatever reason seemed to run out of ideas? Took us apart twice at the cottage tactical masterclass on both occasions. Is he as good as some make out?  Can he get this squad playing his way?

Short term Wilder might be the best of the bunch. Long term the other three are the better option. If it was a case of a rebuild (unlikely) then Cooper would be a good choice. Howe and Lampard seem to improve players awareness and technically and my carry a bit more respect?

I don't think i would be to disappointed if any of them were appointed in all honesty but the yo yo team might just swing it Wilders way whereas the future might be brighter with the one of the others?

Probably go and appoint Klinnsman after all that???

Deeping_white

Wilder didn't like Sheff Utd's recruitment so doubt he'd like ours so probably a non-starter. Cooper is probably going to Palace now they've binned the idea of Nuno. My personal preference would be Valérien Ismaël at Barnsley because he got them playing some good stuff at a high tempo so I'd be intrigued to see him working with our squad. Certainly think he'll be a PL manager before long and he's also got a fairly cheap release clause in his contract so we could offload Parker to Bournemouth and get him with some change to spare. Howe would be a decent appointment, he's a solid manager and might be what we need to get into the PL and stabilise before pushing on, as he did seem to run out of ideas toward the end of his tenure and he also bought some absolute dross for a lot of money.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

All four haven't had the best of careers as manager in my opinion.
If people want improvement, and Scott Parker is on a rumoured £2 million a year, we need to aim higher.

But then, most on the board wouldn't be happy even if we got Pep from Man City...

MartyFFC

One word for you. NUNO

Blawarmy

Howes relegation was purely caused by a small squad with shiteloads of injuries. I think he'd be a definite improvement

Fulham 442

MartyFFC

Quote from: Fulham 442 on June 09, 2021, 03:40:58 PM
Quote from: MartyFFC on June 09, 2021, 02:51:34 PM
One word for you. NUNO
Thought he was going to Palace?
Talks have broken down apparently. He would be my number one choice and could be persuaded I reckon

Deeping_white

Quote from: MartyFFC on June 09, 2021, 04:02:54 PM
One word for you. NUNO
Talks have broken down apparently. He would be my number one choice and could be persuaded I reckon

He got flaky on Palace because he thought he might get the Everton job, we've got no chance

MartyFFC

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 09, 2021, 04:09:35 PM
Quote from: MartyFFC on June 09, 2021, 04:02:54 PM
One word for you. NUNO

He got flaky on Palace because he thought he might get the Everton job, we've got no chance
You could be right, I can see Everton being interested. Let's hope they opt for Rafa instead

Nero

We need someone with experience of keeping teams up. However fits that bull is London to far for him to drive. Think we rather go outside the box and look at manager that are tatacial astute

PaulJ123

Blawarmy

Nuno might even improve Cavs shooting

grandad

None of them inspire me. I don´t even know why there are threads upon threads about Parker´s replacement when we don´t know what the owners are doing about the situation. Give it a rest until we know.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JoelH5

Quote from: grandad on June 09, 2021, 04:46:24 PM
None of them inspire me. I don´t even know why there are threads upon threads about Parker´s replacement when we don´t know what the owners are doing about the situation. Give it a rest until we know.

What? People can talk about whatever they want, Fulham related on here.

Personally I think Howe would be massive upgrade.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Twig

It's perfectly legitimate to speculate isn't it?

SP

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 09, 2021, 04:29:08 PM
Nuno might even improve Cavs shooting

He probably already tried that at Wolves?

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: JoelH5 on June 09, 2021, 07:58:30 PM

What? People can talk about whatever they want, Fulham related on here.

Personally I think Howe would be massive upgrade.

No. He would not be a massive improvement. At all.

Jims Dentist

Hypothetically, Chris Wilder for me.
He has a fantastic eye for bargain transfers and apart from last year when pretty much everything worked against him, gets the best out of his players.

AJW48361

I rather have Don Howe.

roberto w6

None of them would fill me with joy.
And, remember, whenever we read about Parker in the press we hear what great football we play, so I take everything I hear about the others with a massive pinch of salt.
I rate them all in the same bracket as SP. I see it as a bit like buying a pack of B&H from a vending machine in the old days when they'd run out of Rothmans. Yes, slight difference but pretty similar.
Nuno would be the best mentioned but I don't think he'd come. From that list I'd reluctantly pick Lampard as he probably has a better chance of attracting the right sort of players. But don't really see him as a massive step-up from SP. Something about Howe being out of the game for so long despite being permanently hyped on stations like TalkSport makes me think there is something that puts people off.