Leeds sniffing around Harrison reed

Started by bobbo, June 10, 2021, 07:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: JoelH5 on June 10, 2021, 12:06:55 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 10, 2021, 12:01:55 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on June 10, 2021, 11:55:49 AM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 10, 2021, 11:55:02 AM
Who says Tosins gone? I've not read or heard that he has.

He has a 10 mill release clause in his contract. It's laughable.

Again, where does it say he's gone? Just because he has the release clause, doesn't mean anything. And is there a confirmation that the clause is actually there.

So you think a young, English, proven Premier League centre back isn't going to be bought for 10 mill? haha. Right.

Who says he has the clause? Some random website or an actual, real life source?

JoelH5

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 10, 2021, 12:09:22 PM

Again, where does it say he's gone? Just because he has the release clause, doesn't mean anything. And is there a confirmation that the clause is actually there.

So you think a young, English, proven Premier League centre back isn't going to be bought for 10 mill? haha. Right.

Who says he has the clause? Some random website or an actual, real life source?

Countless outlets. The Metro, London News, MSN.com, International Business Times and so on. Arsenal and Newcastle interested. Let's bookmark this post.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Even if he didn't have a release clause, who's to say that with those clubs coming in for him, he wouldn't go anyway.
Its football. It happens.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 10, 2021, 12:25:31 PM
Even if he didn't have a release clause, who's to say that with those clubs coming in for him, he wouldn't go anyway.
Its football. It happens.

But following this absolutely sound logic would mean that there is nobody at management level to have a pop at.

And that just won't do.

Nero

But this is the Brentford model people want us to follow, people should be happy

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

We bought Tosin for £1.2 Mill. Selling him for £10 Mill is clearly good business. We may have got more without a clause, but equally we may have got less. Players come and players go, fans favourites and those not so popular. It happens.

Deeping_white

Quote from: JoelH5 on June 10, 2021, 11:02:53 AM
Tosin is gone. Time to accept that. The moron TK allowed a 10 mill release clause in his contract. We need two new CBs again. I know we have Hector but he evidently isn't good enough

Had you ever considered that that it was a condition of us being able to sign him that the release clause was inserted on demand of either Tosin or his agent? It might even be a clause activated by relegation, but since neither you or I actually know because we weren't involved in the transfer negotiation it's nice of you to take the easy route with the blame game

JoelH5

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 10, 2021, 01:06:40 PM
Tosin is gone. Time to accept that. The moron TK allowed a 10 mill release clause in his contract. We need two new CBs again. I know we have Hector but he evidently isn't good enough

Had you ever considered that that it was a condition of us being able to sign him that the release clause was inserted on demand of either Tosin or his agent? It might even be a clause activated by relegation, but since neither you or I actually know because we weren't involved in the transfer negotiation it's nice of you to take the easy route with the blame game

Yeah, Tony is doing a great job to be fair. 14 seasons consecutively in the Prem under Al'Fayed and then relegated every season we've been in it with TK at the helm.  I wonder if half the people on here actually follow the club
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Deeping_white

Quote from: JoelH5 on June 10, 2021, 01:15:20 PM

Yeah, Tony is doing a great job to be fair. 14 seasons consecutively in the Prem under Al'Fayed and then relegated every season we've been in it with TK at the helm.  I wonder if half the people on here actually follow the club

Good deflection, Joel. How about rather than changing the topic you answer the question at hand? I've not said anywhere that I think Tony is doing a great job, nor did I even reference that at all other than to say you'd put 2+2 together and got 5 and taken the easy route of blaming TK without actually having any knowledge of the conversations that took place. But you do you and attempt to insult someone because they call you out on something

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: JoelH5 on June 10, 2021, 01:15:20 PM

Tell you what, why not email him a few of your ideas or, better yet, ask him if you can do his job for him. You clearly think he's horrendous at it.

Baring in mind that if he was a dire as you suggest, the liklihood we'd have even been in a position to get relegated from the Premier league is pretty slim.

Donnie Lonegan

The way everyone is talking you'd think Tosin was a great player, he's not, I'd prefer it if we kept him, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he left either.

Statto

"Proven PL centre back"?
So you mean basically he got same PL game time albeit in a crap team that went down
So in that case we have two proven PL forwards in Reid and Cavaleiro

SG

Why is it laughable. We sign a reserve centre half from City for £1.5m. Who except with hindsight would expect him to be worth anything like £10m only one season later. If he goes for £10m I would argue the club has done a decent piece of business

perry geyton

Scavengers
Saying that we've nicked a fair few off of them over the past decade or so

WolverineFFC

Quote from: SG on June 10, 2021, 03:18:27 PM

Why is it laughable. We sign a reserve centre half from City for £1.5m. Who except with hindsight would expect him to be worth anything like £10m only one season later. If he goes for £10m I would argue the club has done a decent piece of business

True. If the club manage to sell Tosin and/or Robinson for more than double what they purchased them for, this is a success. It is the best way for Fulham to progress over the long term. They will never be able to do it by purchasing finished products. I think the complaints are centered around our skepticism regarding the DoF's ability to keep producing these deals.

The Rational Fan

It seems Scott Parker wants to move on and replace a number of the players coming back from loan (Mawson, Seri, and Knockaert, etc), because he doesn't think they work in the squad. But as selling those players will incur costs (amortization losses) and replacing them will incur even more costs. Therefore selling players like Harrison Reed from the first XI and replacing him for someone cheaper, is the only way to raise the money to upgrade second XI players like Seri. The real question do we really need better players than Seri in our Second XI (or the squad)?

Parker may not be happy with the squad, so he needs to sell some profitable players to replace the unprofitable failures, but I think he will find buying and selling players will end up with him worse off than he started. Alternatively, we can find a coach that is happy with Reed/Anguissa/Cairney as their first XI CMs and Seri/Stefjo/Onamah as the squad midfielders.

Personally, I think our all squad players are decent against the bottom half of the championship. Sometimes continuously complaining about players (like Seri) as they are not good enough to defeat Burnley may blind Parker (and fans) to the truth that these players are easily good enough to get three points against Huddersfield and Bristol.

Penfold

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 11, 2021, 03:30:46 AM
It seems Scott Parker wants to move on and replace a number of the players coming back from loan (Mawson, Seri, and Knockaert, etc), because he doesn't think they work in the squad. But as selling those players will incur costs (amortization losses) and replacing them will incur even more costs. Therefore selling players like Harrison Reed from the first XI and replacing him for someone cheaper, is the only way to raise the money to upgrade second XI players like Seri. The real question do we really need better players than Seri in our Second XI (or the squad)?

Parker may not be happy with the squad, so he needs to sell some profitable players to replace the unprofitable failures, but I think he will find buying and selling players will end up with him worse off than he started. Alternatively, we can find a coach that is happy with Reed/Anguissa/Cairney as their first XI CMs and Seri/Stefjo/Onamah as the squad midfielders.

Personally, I think our all squad players are decent against the bottom half of the championship. Sometimes continuously complaining about players (like Seri) as they are not good enough to defeat Burnley may blind Parker (and fans) to the truth that these players are easily good enough to get three points against Huddersfield and Bristol.

Seri doesn't want to be at Fulham and his last appearance in a Fulham shirt (at Brentford in the league cup) seemed to confirm that. He will, however, be happy to see his contract out. Probably better for him to do that on loan at another club rather than be a passenger at Fulham.

MartyFFC

Selling one of your best players, in order to upgrade some of your reserve players. Hmmm, not sure I'm onboard with that one. Sounds ridiculous as opposed to rational

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Penfold on June 11, 2021, 12:47:52 PM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 11, 2021, 03:30:46 AM

Seri doesn't want to be at Fulham and his last appearance in a Fulham shirt (at Brentford in the league cup) seemed to confirm that. He will, however, be happy to see his contract out. Probably better for him to do that on loan at another club rather than be a passenger at Fulham.

Agree that he really does not want to play for Fulham. I have to think being 30 yrs old at the start of the season may have an influence on his effort wherever he is. If he has a desire for one more contract, he will need to show there is a player worth signing still in him.

I believe Fulham want to sell him, but the amount of loss the club can incur to do so will be their primary motivation. That is going to depend more on the success or failure of other deals rather than what Seri will or will not fetch.

filham

Quote from: blingo on June 10, 2021, 11:51:22 AM
Doesn't it perhaps show that just maybe the problem lies in the management of the team?
Yes, when you look at the individual quality of last seasons players and how many of them seemingly could now fit into premier league clubs it does put a question mark over management.
However the problem was scoring goals and no one is looking at our attacking players from last season. other than Mitro.