I don't want Parker to go but Howe would do for me.  :54:

092.gif

Same here
Him or Nuno are the only options

Statto

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 21, 2021, 02:25:54 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 21, 2021, 02:17:41 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on June 21, 2021, 02:16:42 PM
Hopefully Howe is lined up ready to announce as well. This has been going on for weeks so surely a replacement has been lined up!  079.gif

#HoweIn

Fingers crossed its not Eddie Howe. Hugely over rated manager.

Well he won the championship with a squad that on paper wasn't any better than the squad he'd have at his disposal here, so I'd happily have him if it meant getting back into the PL and consolidating our position as stable PL club which seemed to be about the limits of his ability at Bournemouth before their results deteriorated?

Roughly my view. A mild upgrade on Parker but an upgrade nonetheless. A bit sick of the "small club" / "tiny budget" arguments though because they're not correct/relevant

shepperton white

Personally I think the problem is not just SP, it's the whole setup.  We need good football men running the club from scouting to DoF.  I don't think any other head coach/manager will have any more success under the current setup. 

grandad

A big NO to Howe. We need a higher profile manager who has contacts in the right places to recruit the players we need to be serious about promotion. Howe & Cooper do not fit this criteria.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Steven Ageroad

Sky Sport reporting that SP has got his backroom staff sorted already for Bournemouth, I expect that includes Matt Wells but do you think that Stuart Gray would go with him? Most Managers have their own backroom staff so if Howe was to join he must have his own little team or did they stay at B'mouth with Woodgate?
A couple of points on Howe. I thought I read that one of the reasons he did not join Celtic was because he wanted his own DoF installed or something to do with a DoF? that bodes well at FFC.
I think it's worth remembering that a few years ago Howe was being touted as a future England Manager.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: grandad on June 21, 2021, 05:35:02 PM
A big NO to Howe. We need a higher profile manager who has contacts in the right places to recruit the players we need to be serious about promotion. Howe & Cooper do not fit this criteria.

Any suggestions spring to mind? Don't forget we are now in the Championship not the Premier League!

PaulJ123

So who do you think? Howe is the best we will be able to attract who still has a good reputation to tempt players.

#HoweIn

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on June 21, 2021, 05:07:15 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on June 21, 2021, 02:25:54 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 21, 2021, 02:17:41 PM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on June 21, 2021, 02:16:42 PM
Hopefully Howe is lined up ready to announce as well. This has been going on for weeks so surely a replacement has been lined up!  079.gif

#HoweIn

Fingers crossed its not Eddie Howe. Hugely over rated manager.

Well he won the championship with a squad that on paper wasn't any better than the squad he'd have at his disposal here, so I'd happily have him if it meant getting back into the PL and consolidating our position as stable PL club which seemed to be about the limits of his ability at Bournemouth before their results deteriorated?

Roughly my view. A mild upgrade on Parker but an upgrade nonetheless. A bit sick of the "small club" / "tiny budget" arguments though because they're not correct/relevant

I think some people need to see a bigger picture that there's a smaller pool of managers who play decent football and have got out of this league successfully and getting one is a coup, and Howe is one of those managers. He's also one of the only ones in recent times like Nuno to take a team up and keep them there for a few years, and there's no shame in giving him a 3 year contract for him to promote and stabilise us before discarding him for someone much better after those years, because no "elite" manager will touch us with a barge pole until we're a stable PL club again

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 21, 2021, 05:35:10 PM
Sky Sport reporting that SP has got his backroom staff sorted already for Bournemouth, I expect that includes Matt Wells but do you think that Stuart Gray would go with him? Most Managers have their own backroom staff so if Howe was to join he must have his own little team or did they stay at B'mouth with Woodgate?
A couple of points on Howe. I thought I read that one of the reasons he did not join Celtic was because he wanted his own DoF installed or something to do with a DoF? that bodes well at FFC.
I think it's worth remembering that a few years ago Howe was being touted as a future England Manager.

So My friend works at Fulham, the Eddie Howe link is very plausible. He does ask that Richard Hughes comes with him, and that is a possibility that Hughes would come in to the Director of scouting role. Howe could very easily join us, however, he also may not he's undecided currently

Jules

Nero

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 21, 2021, 05:35:10 PM

Don't think gray would go meant to be the assistant manager and be ignored all season by Parker in favour of Wells

Jules

You cannot put Howe in the same category as Cooper. Who would you want as a replacement then? Higher profile meaning a current prem manager or Allardyce, Pardew, Pulis and those types?

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: perry geyton on June 21, 2021, 04:36:13 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on June 21, 2021, 03:22:15 PM
Howe isn't as good as everyone on this board makes out. I dont care how young he has, or what he did with Bournemouth. He knew that club inside out, so knew exactly what needed to be done to improve it. Yet, he still got them relegated after having 5 years of premiership money, and spending to get results.

So #notohowe
5 years PLEASE I'll TAKE IT

wasn't it you that also said that Tom Cairney was a load of rubbish Recently

Clearly a very knowledgeable man

I actually said Cairney isn't premiership quality and we should cash in.

I stand by both statements.

grandad

Quote from: Jules on June 21, 2021, 06:30:26 PM
You cannot put Howe in the same category as Cooper. Who would you want as a replacement then? Higher profile meaning a current prem manager or Allardyce, Pardew, Pulis and those types?

It is not my job to select a new manager if Parker leaves one way or another. I certainly don´t want any of the journeyman managers you quoted. They earn more by being sacked than they earn while managing. When & if the Owners decide on a replaement I will then make my feelings known.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: grandad on June 21, 2021, 08:22:48 PM
Quote from: Jules on June 21, 2021, 06:30:26 PM

It is not my job to select a new manager if Parker leaves one way or another. I certainly don´t want any of the journeyman managers you quoted. They earn more by being sacked than they earn while managing. When & if the Owners decide on a replaement I will then make my feelings known.

That's a bit of a kop out quote, you should be a politician!