more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England Croatia

Started by Willham, June 13, 2021, 01:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: MartyFFC on June 13, 2021, 01:45:14 PM
Sterling starts ahead of Grealish; probably the stupidest selection since Sterling starting ahead of Fernandinho. He's been garbage for 12 months

Errrrrr........... care to revise your opinion?

MartyFFC

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on June 13, 2021, 03:53:59 PM
Quote from: MartyFFC on June 13, 2021, 01:45:14 PM
Sterling starts ahead of Grealish; probably the stupidest selection since Sterling starting ahead of Fernandinho. He's been garbage for 12 months

Errrrrr........... care to revise your opinion?
Gladly! Southgate is a genius

Sgt Fulham

Lovely interview there. I'm sure it sells, but it really is disrespectful and toxic.

(Interviewer focusing on Sterling's poor season and insinuating that he didn't deserve a place in the starting XI)

Steeeeeeeeeed

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on June 13, 2021, 03:59:26 PM
Lovely interview there. I'm sure it sells, but it really is disrespectful and toxic.

(Interviewer focusing on Sterling's poor season and insinuating that he didn't deserve a place in the starting XI)

Yes, some very rude questions there I thought. Raheem handled her well though, giving her a deserved blankish look when required, and smiling at the positive stuff.

It wasn't a great game at all, and was absolutely awful until the goal with only Modric really looking quality out there for most of the game...but a great result. England can build on this now.

MartyFFC

On a more positive note, Fat Frank's love for Mason Mount is a beautiful thing

Woolly Mammoth

Well played England and well deserved, first time we have won our opening match in this competition.
Calvin Philips my man of the match. Very tenacious and a real Warrior.
Please for Sterling scoring our goal, it will do him a power of good.
Mason Mount shows plenty of quality and Jude Bellingham coming on as sub, the youngest player at 17 that's amazing.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

Decent performance against strong opposition. England managed the game really well. Thought Phillips was outstanding. Next up Scotland which will be a different kind of challenge. The game will be their cup final just as it was for Wales when they played us at the same stage at the last Euros. I expect us to win just as we did then.

filham

Yes I know the 3 points was the important thing and that win was more than welcomed but for a team with a reported talented attack playing on their own ground in front of their own fans I did expect more than a single goal.

The next one at home again to Scotland gives us another opportunity to perform, lets hope we will look better and better as the competition progresses.

bog

A wins a win but.... what is the managers fixation with 'Hendo' Henderson? For each match 23 out of the 26 can be named. Today the three players left out were Maguire and one other plus...Ben Chillwell.  Left sided and with many games played for England but not today thanks Ben. 'Hendo' will do.... :003:

092.gif   

Twig

I was perfectly happy with the performance and the result. Started very sharp indeed, clearly couldn't keep that up when temperatures on the pitch were well up into the 30's.   Managed themselves and a decent opposition well and came away with our first opening match victory at this tournament. What's not to like? I just don't get those who carp on and find fault.

rebel

Quote from: Twig on June 13, 2021, 07:56:25 PM
I was perfectly happy with the performance and the result. Started very sharp indeed, clearly couldn't keep that up when temperatures on the pitch were well up into the 30's.   Managed themselves and a decent opposition well and came away with our first opening match victory at this tournament. What's not to like? I just don't get those who carp on and find fault.

There was a lot of belief and trust which showed on the pitch. They need to keep it up in the same vein. Play to their strengths, let the opposition worry about themselves. 

Woolly Mammoth

Yes agreed, when we play a faster tempo we have the players who can cut defences to ribbons, and with the youngest squad in the competition hopefully we can only get better.

Never forget your Roots.

MartyFFC

When you look at the likes of Rashford and Grealish on the bench, Sancho not even in the matchday squad; it's the most exciting England side I can remember, on paper that is. It's not that long ago we were rocking up at major tournaments with James Milner and Ashley Young out on the wings

rebel

Quote from: MartyFFC on June 13, 2021, 08:41:20 PM
When you look at the likes of Rashford and Grealish on the bench, Sancho not even in the matchday squad; it's the most exciting England side I can remember, on paper that is. It's not that long ago we were rocking up at major tournaments with James Milner and Ashley Young out on the wings

The international scene has really opened up. There was a time in the 70's, 80's, 90's, 20's that the same old 'names' were picked regardless of form.

blingo

Quote from: rebel on June 13, 2021, 08:05:04 PM

There was a lot of belief and trust which showed on the pitch. They need to keep it up in the same vein. Play to their strengths, let the opposition worry about themselves. 

Doesn't that remind you of what we should have done last season Mr Woolly??

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on June 14, 2021, 10:26:43 AM
Quote from: rebel on June 13, 2021, 08:05:04 PM

Doesn't that remind you of what we should have done last season Mr Woolly??

Yes Sir it most certainly does.
I concur with your comment.
Touche' and Affirmative.

Never forget your Roots.