https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Italy

Started by blingo, June 20, 2021, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Look on a different level

spikey norman

Yes Italy look strong as do Germany and France.
Well done to Wales for getting through to next round.
Loved the passionate way the Italian and Welsh players sung their national anthems.

filham

Pleased for Wales, so far they have outperformed England.

SP

Quote from: filham on June 20, 2021, 08:34:56 PM

Yes, beating Turkey was a fine achievement.

Whitestone

Quote from: blingo on June 20, 2021, 07:53:26 PM
Look on a different level

They look decent but the opposition weren't up to much though. Let's see how they go against a quality team.

Whitestone

How is that so ? Wales finished on four points. It's likely that England will improve on the four points already in the bag.

Barrett487

Quote from: SP on June 20, 2021, 08:44:46 PM

Yes, i look forward to Wales supporters changing their attitude and congratulating England, should we get through. I'm a bit tired of supporting the other home nations, only to have it thrown back in our faces if we do well.

SP

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 20, 2021, 08:51:29 PM

Yes, i look forward to Wales supporters changing their attitude and congratulating England, should we get through. I'm a bit tired of supporting the other home nations, only to have it thrown back in our faces if we do well.

I think this must be a FoF thing, can't imagine many other clubs heaping praise on rivals like we do.

Barrett487

Sorry SP, reading your response i think you're supporting what i said, but who knows on this forum?

SP

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 20, 2021, 09:08:39 PM
Sorry SP, reading your response i think you're supporting what i said, but who knows on this forum?

Yes B487, I'm firmly in the same camp. I thought the Italians strolled through the game today.

God knows what the media reaction will be if the Scots actually score a goal in this tournament.

mrmicawbers

Thought Italy were in second gear .Shame the Lamb lovers progressed.

Blawarmy

Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 20, 2021, 09:49:43 PM
I just hope Denmark somehow get second and beat Bales in the next round.

RaySmith

Quote from: SP on June 20, 2021, 08:55:57 PM

I think this must be a FoF thing, can't imagine many other clubs heaping praise on rivals like we do.

When I grew up it was normal to support the other Home nations, when England weren't playing, and I still do this.
My wife is Scottish, anyway, though isn't interested in football.

Yes, they don't usually support England, for various historical reasons, but I suppose it's flattering in a way, because they see us as the bigger, more successful brother.

Everything has  become far more toxic today, anyway - no more 'friendly rivalry', and how much longer will we  still have  'Home' nations in the UK anyway?

I admit I did find anti-English prejudice a problem when I lived in Glasgow, though Scottish people will tell you about  prejudice against them here.

But there's so much prejudice and intolerance around at the moment - if you live anywhere in  the UK and you don't come from that place there seems to be  prejudice, especially if you come from London.

My wife, Scottish, and my mate South African,  seem to  be more accepted here in the north of England, than me, with a London accent, but now there are so many of us - buying all the houses etc!
My answer to people complaining about all the southerners coming up here, is to say 'I come from south-east London, growing up with  people from all over the world,' and now you'd often be hard pressed tp find native Londoners  living in London!

Woolly Mammoth

Agree Barrett 487, but I have never supported the other home nations since the day I was born.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Blawarmy on June 21, 2021, 01:10:29 AM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on June 20, 2021, 09:49:43 PM
I just hope Denmark somehow get second and beat Bales in the next round.

Most definitely
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.