watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My understanding is - if Mr Cooper comes

Started by H4usuallysitting, June 23, 2021, 09:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

to Fulham, we pay Swansea £3:5m..... If Mr Parker insists he wants paying off (for getting relegated)..... Then run Mr Parker's contract down....that would leave Bournemouth & Swansea without manager's....would that be a win, win,win

JimmyConway

i would be very surprised if that is the figure for Cooper compensation?

WestSussexWhite

The figure for Cooper and his staff is 3.5 million, Fulham have paid that fee. Fulham are receiving 3.5 million for Parker and his staff. So it's basically not costing us anything to replace Parker, except Cooper woll be ok lower wages

filham

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 23, 2021, 10:20:44 AM
The figure for Cooper and his staff is 3.5 million, Fulham have paid that fee. Fulham are receiving 3.5 million for Parker and his staff. So it's basically not costing us anything to replace Parker, except Cooper woll be ok lower wages
Are you suggesting that the deals are all done and settled.

PaulJ123

Hopefully one of his staff is seen as Andre Ayew!

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: filham on June 23, 2021, 10:29:22 AM

Yes Parker should be announced today, the deal was completed last night. Coooper deal is agreed, 3 year deal. He is due in London with his staff tomorrow to finalise the deal

jayffc

Well...how very underwhelming

Let's see what hes capable of I guess. Dont warm to him and what I've heard immediately but well see in time if true

Tabby

Hope it gets sorted soon, need to start planning for next season.

Doubt there are as many players who are ride or die with Parker as some would suggest, but there will still be some transfer business done I assume.

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Jims Dentist

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on June 23, 2021, 10:35:49 AM

Yes Parker should be announced today, the deal was completed last night. Coooper deal is agreed, 3 year deal. He is due in London with his staff tomorrow to finalise the deal
Really hope this is not the case.

H4usuallysitting

I heard the £3:5m had been agreed

Steven Ageroad

You doubters, what's the problem, who are you expecting? Bilic didn't do well at West Brom and was replaced, Howe looks out of the running for some reason, so who are you expecting? He's not my first choice but given what he's done at Swansea give the guy a chance.
We need some in now to sort out the team for the start of the season, why not Cooper ?

ffc_forever

What's the delay in the announcement WSW?

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: ffc_forever on June 23, 2021, 08:43:08 PM

What's the delay in the announcement WSW?

No one seems to know, the deal is done. Bournemouth have paid us and Steve Cooper is due down tomorrow. Maybe they are waiting to announce Cooper at the same time?

roberto w6

I can't help thinking how short-sighted the appointment of Steve Cooper could be.

I had hoped we would go for a proven manger who would be given 2 years to build and gel a new squad for promotion with a view to establishing long-term PL status. I think it is very possible that Steve Cooper could fulfil the first part and I hope that over the next 2 years he shows us the guile, tactical nous and dynamism to reassure us he can be a PL manager. But, it's a gamble. And it's not an appointment that will generate excitement around the club or sell season tickets. I am disappointed that we did not do more to try and attract Nuno ES. hat would have sent out a message about how serious we were.

That said, let's get behind Steve Cooper. While we may suspect that his appointment has as much to do with cutting the wage bill as his record, that is not the fault of him or his team. I am hoping he arrives with determination to stamp his own style on the squad and revamp it. Because, it needs revamping if we are to become a long-term PL side. We have some very good Championship players but very few, if any, of PL level. Leaving things as they are and cowtailing to TK will get us nowhere.

Let's hope for significant offloading, insightful recruitment, the development of youth and an exciting pattern of play. This will not happen overnight and if we have to take a temporary step backwards to achieve the longer-term aim, then we should support him and give him time.

COYWs
Just received an email from the Club that we start with Middlesbrough Home. Let's hope we see the beginnings of something fresh and exciting

Deeping_white

Quote from: roberto w6 on June 24, 2021, 10:10:07 AM
I can't help thinking how short-sighted the appointment of Steve Cooper could be.

I had hoped we would go for a proven manger who would be given 2 years to build and gel a new squad for promotion with a view to establishing long-term PL status. I think it is very possible that Steve Cooper could fulfil the first part and I hope that over the next 2 years he shows us the guile, tactical nous and dynamism to reassure us he can be a PL manager. But, it's a gamble. And it's not an appointment that will generate excitement around the club or sell season tickets. I am disappointed that we did not do more to try and attract Nuno ES. hat would have sent out a message about how serious we were.

That said, let's get behind Steve Cooper. While we may suspect that his appointment has as much to do with cutting the wage bill as his record, that is not the fault of him or his team. I am hoping he arrives with determination to stamp his own style on the squad and revamp it. Because, it needs revamping if we are to become a long-term PL side. We have some very good Championship players but very few, if any, of PL level. Leaving things as they are and cowtailing to TK will get us nowhere.

Let's hope for significant offloading, insightful recruitment, the development of youth and an exciting pattern of play. This will not happen overnight and if we have to take a temporary step backwards to achieve the longer-term aim, then we should support him and give him time.

COYWs
Just received an email from the Club that we start with Middlesbrough Home. Let's hope we see the beginnings of something fresh and exciting

We were never getting Nuno over the PL clubs that retained interest in him. We could've spent weeks/months going after him for him to turn around and say "nah sorry not interested" and then people would be going apoplectic that we wasted time on someone that didn't want to come here.

People seem to be getting snobby about Cooper because he's not a flashy appointment, but he's a manager that trusts youth and gets good results. He did better than Graham Potter did at Swansea after selling off his best players and not being able to replace them, and apparently Potter is the best thing sinced sliced bread, so go figure on that one. Not really sure how it's short sighted to pick a manager that will be most likely to play our highly rated youngsters, an appointment like Big Sam to sh*thouse our way back to the PL would be shortsighted, but not someone that will try and play passing football with a track record of promoting youth. For all we know he could give good game time to a few players from the 18's/23's who have a breakout season a la Ryan Sess and then we've got a huge financial asset or two to cash in on a few seasons from now.

FulhamStu

Steve Cooper is not the exciting appointment many would like but his connection with youth players suggests he could link up well with Jennings.  Frankly we don't want out manager fighting with the DOF, that does us no good.  If Cooper can get our current best players on board... Mitro/Tosin/Cairney that would be a good thing.  Very interested to hear the so called horror stories around Parker and our high profile players, does not sound great so just as well he is gone.   Let's hope Cooper can get the likes of Carvalho and other from the youth more integrated and maybe mend the relationship with Mawson, another who Parker apparently ostracised.   Johansen and others returning need to understand where they stand so much to do.

roberto w6

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 24, 2021, 10:25:22 AM
Quote from: roberto w6 on June 24, 2021, 10:10:07 AM

COYWs

We were never getting Nuno over the PL clubs that retained interest in him. We could've spent weeks/months going after him for him to turn around and say "nah sorry not interested" and then people would be going apoplectic that we wasted time on someone that didn't want to come here.

People seem to be getting snobby about Cooper because he's not a flashy appointment, but he's a manager that trusts youth and gets good results. He did better than Graham Potter did at Swansea after selling off his best players and not being able to replace them, and apparently Potter is the best thing sinced sliced bread, so go figure on that one. Not really sure how it's short sighted to pick a manager that will be most likely to play our highly rated youngsters, an appointment like Big Sam to sh*thouse our way back to the PL would be shortsighted, but not someone that will try and play passing football with a track record of promoting youth. For all we know he could give good game time to a few players from the 18's/23's who have a breakout season a la Ryan Sess and then we've got a huge financial asset or two to cash in on a few seasons from now.

I genuinely hope you're right, especially on the style of play.
As I said, let's give him time and give him support and hopefully he'll develop a youthful progressive squad that gets promotion and only needs to recruit 2- 3 experienced proven PL heads to stay there.

Statto

Well Nuno was just jettisoned my a mid-table PL club who didn't think he was good enough to take them to the next level. Similarly Howe was another one who got Bournemouth promoted and initially kept them up but was ultimately unsuccessful in the PL. Even those two were probably beyond our reach so the idea of us getting a proven, successful mid-table PL manager whilst we're in the Championship is probably a bit far-fetched. Much like this idea that we can build a decent PL squad whilst in the Championship and not have to re-build if/when we go up. The reality is you can have a long-term plan but the players and staff will change on the way. You just bring in people to help you take the next step. Cooper's credentials qualify him for that as much as anyone else we were going to get. 

The Cravenette

Well it sounds like this is all done and dusted so just waiting for the announcement.  I think the players are back today for pre-season so I am hoping it happens today.  We really need to start this season on the front foot (for a change) and getting deals done and the squad settled is all part of that.

I think Cooper, whilst on paper seems underwhelming, is just what we need atm.  He will want to prove himself as a coach with a slightly bigger spending pot than he has had before and i am sure he is looking forward to checking out the prospects we have in the academy.