Started by H4usuallysitting, June 23, 2021, 09:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: grandad on June 24, 2021, 09:12:54 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 24, 2021, 08:48:18 PM
Quote from: grandad on June 24, 2021, 12:46:05 PM
Quote from: sarnian on June 24, 2021, 12:40:26 PM
Quote from: grandad on June 24, 2021, 12:29:20 PM
Totally underwhelmed if Cooper comes at any Price. No real playing experience which will make it hard to liken himself with seasoned professionals. His ability to have any contacts is limited having only been in senior management for 2 years. No promotions in his CV but not been in management long enough to suffer relegations as most managers have.
He would be a cheap option & I don´t know why the Khan´s are going with this. I would have expected them to go for a higher experienced, & higher profile manager.

So which top managers should we be going for and more importantly do you actually think they would come to Fulham.  Cooper has done a good job at Swansea with very, very limited funds.
Not my job to say who we should go for. I have no idea of who is available, what salaries they want, which coaching staff they want to bring, how much transfer kitty they want.
If anyone knows all these answers let them come up with names. I will wait till any official announcement before commenting on their choice.

I'm confused?
Aren't you always promoting the idea that the owners know best and can do no wrong?

I have never said any of that. However, I have complete faith in the owners committment to the club. I am just a little unsure about their choice of Cooper. They may see something that the rest of us has missed. I am not privy to TK´s stats file.

:005:

grandad

Quote from: PaulJ123 on June 25, 2021, 08:33:21 AM
Crystal Palace haven't got Lucien Favre as they were hoping.

Could mean they're back in for Cooper?

CP have baulked at the compo.
Where there's a will there's a wife

PaulJ123

Quote from: grandad on June 25, 2021, 08:59:06 AM

That was before they'd lost their first 2 choices though. Would imagine he's on less wages than Favre so might feel it's worthwhile going back if he was an option at some stage.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: PaulJ123 on June 25, 2021, 09:07:04 AM
Quote from: grandad on June 25, 2021, 08:59:06 AM

That was before they'd lost their first 2 choices though. Would imagine he's on less wages than Favre so might feel it's worthwhile going back if he was an option at some stage.

We will know in the next 24 hours, will let you know if I hear anything. To be honest, if I was Cooper I wouldn't touch that Palace job with a barge pole, that needs a manager with serious experience. They've only only got 9 fit contracted players starting pre-season next week and 2 of those are goalkeepers!