more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well it’s the Germans for us.

Started by Fernhurst, June 23, 2021, 09:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

More beatable than France or Portugal IMHO 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SP

filham

Our players need a week end of penalty practice, Southgate will be aware of that.

Jules

We have a chance. As long as it doesn't go to penalties!

RoyTund

Tough game of course but wow what a great side of the draw to be on.

South Coast White

Although we have failed to impress in our 3 games and it's unlikely we will beat the Germans, If we can pull it off it would surely give the team the biggest buzz and confidence to actually go on and win this.

gang

cottage expat

Quote from: filham on June 23, 2021, 10:07:55 PM
Our players need a week end of penalty practice, Southgate will be aware of that.

LOL

H4usuallysitting

Woolly Mammoth

The Fatherland will be in deep mourning after Tuesday.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Okay, everybody has a week allowance of Stan Boardman jokes as of now.

England have got an incredibly good chance of getting to the final if they win that game, all the favourites are in the other half of the draw.

England can get to the final by beating just Germany then Sweden (or Ukraine), then Denmark (or Wales, or Netherlands, or Czechs).

And they will be at home all the way I think.

Never had a better chance to win something....

(Cue Germans...)

Holders

Quote from: gang on June 23, 2021, 10:54:11 PM
Well it's the English for us.

But just look at what happened when we got Scotland!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

davew

All the top teams are in the left hand side of the draw, if we can't at least make the final it will be another under achievement.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Watch out they are already putting their towels over the seats at Wembley.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on June 24, 2021, 07:10:58 AM
All the top teams are in the left hand side of the draw, if we can't at least make the final it will be another under achievement.

It is not always as straight forward as that as football is a funny old game.
I currently feel that Gareth Southgate is an average championship manage with one of the best international squads in the world. Certainly the youngest with an attacking array of talent which he has underused in my opinion. So I deduce he has a cunning plan, he and his coaches have studied how previous winners have negotiated their way to victory in a tournament which is exactly what he is doing, following a pattern. We have yet to concede and all winning teams are generally built on a sound defence hence why he plays both Philips and Rice.
So i can see where he is going, however he should have brought more options like James Maddison as we are a little thin on the ground for creativity. Also it is now the knock out stages, all on the day and with our pace power and players of exceptional attacking ability have to be released on unsuspecting opponents.
He has to be proactive not reactive, fortune favours the brave.
Also he has clearly built his team round Harry Kane who is clearly not firing on all cylinders so far, so if that continues he had better have a good plan B as we may need it.
There are no mugs left in this tournament and that includes England and Southgate must not have tunnel vision, he has the players and he must use the right ones, as I have often said the next match is the most important, not the last one, or the one after but the next one.
So we must play at a higher tempo and defend higher up the pitch. We must out run them out pass them out play them, out fight them and out score them. If we do that we will be in the quarter finals, as long as Southgate does not hesitate, as he who hesitates is lost, and that would be shame as we have a great opportunity 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.

Never forget your Roots.

shepperton white

The current German team is not up to the standard of previous teams.  They had to come from behind twice against  the Magyars and we haven't conceded on goal (yet).  I think this the the best chance of a win against them in too many years

cottage expat

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 24, 2021, 10:13:53 AM
Quote from: davew on June 24, 2021, 07:10:58 AM

It is not always as straight forward as that as football is a funny old game.
I currently feel that Gareth Southgate is an average championship manage with one of the best international squads in the world. Certainly the youngest with an attacking array of talent which he has underused in my opinion. So I deduce he has a cunning plan, he and his coaches have studied how previous winners have negotiated their way to victory in a tournament which is exactly what he is doing, following a pattern. We have yet to concede and all winning teams are generally built on a sound defence hence why he plays both Philips and Rice.
So i can see where he is going, however he should have brought more options like James Maddison as we are a little thin on the ground for creativity. Also it is now the knock out stages, all on the day and with our pace power and players of exceptional attacking ability have to be released on unsuspecting opponents.
He has to be proactive not reactive, fortune favours the brave.
Also he has clearly built his team round Harry Kane who is clearly not firing on all cylinders so far, so if that continues he had better have a good plan B as we may need it.
There are no mugs left in this tournament and that includes England and Southgate must not have tunnel vision, he has the players and he must use the right ones, as I have often said the next match is the most important, not the last one, or the one after but the next one.
So we must play at a higher tempo and defend higher up the pitch. We must out run them out pass them out play them, out fight them and out score them. If we do that we will be in the quarter finals, as long as Southgate does not hesitate, as he who hesitates is lost, and that would be shame as we have a great opportunity 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.

Spot on, Woolly

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Stoneleigh Loyalist

There was a time last season when Fulham were not conceding goals but we were not scoring them.
We have forwards with the ability to beat Germany but they must take their chances which must be made by positive attacking.