News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We could be playing Wycombe next season !

Started by Riversider, June 24, 2021, 08:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

The EFL have fined Derby County £100k and told them to resubmit their accounts for the last three years, if the numbers fail to tally up they will be demoted and replaced by Wycombe,
The fixtures about to be released are interchangeable.

MikeTheCubed

If so we're up to 9th in the table  082.gif.

Somerset Fulham

What a terrible and pathetic move by the EFL. 

I have no love for Derby (obvs), but how the hell can they, or Wycombe even begin to plan on and off of the field for next season in light of this gutless half measure?

filham

Bring back Conroy to get one from the halfway line. Remember that memorable goal took place at Wycombe if my memory serves me right.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: filham on June 24, 2021, 09:55:36 AM
Bring back Conroy to get one from the halfway line. Remember that memorable goal took place at Wycombe if my memory serves me right.

Your memory does serve you right.  What a goal that was, the ball was in the air long enough for me to wonder what the bloody hell he was thinking!

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 24, 2021, 09:55:27 AM
What a terrible and pathetic move by the EFL. 

I have no love for Derby (obvs), but how the hell can they, or Wycombe even begin to plan on and off of the field for next season in light of this gutless half measure?

It looks like government-style posturing to me. The EFL always grant a stay of execution to bigger clubs who are found to have flaunted the rules rather than relegate them immediately; this just creates the illusion that they are prepared to serve justice. Would be happy to be proved wrong though.

Lighthouse

As much as I dislike the Derby Fans I am never sure punishing clubs does anything but harm the fans and let those that are responsible get off lightly.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope