more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

DOF in all Premier League Clubs And Experience

Started by Gary, June 24, 2021, 11:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Quote from: Nero on June 24, 2021, 12:39:04 PM
So alot with no football experience who gained experience by working in football. I mean the Liverpool chap just went shopping at Southampton. Leeds ex journo before first job how does that make him qualified? WNorwich got Huddersfield relegated got Norwich relegated does this make him a better DoF?

If you want to pick holes you probably can in any of them
You're right but how long will it take him to learn, and what consequences does he face as DOF for his failures?

Nero

Quote from: Gary on June 25, 2021, 07:26:38 AM
So alot with no football experience who gained experience by working in football. I mean the Liverpool chap just went shopping at Southampton. Leeds ex journo before first job how does that make him qualified? WNorwich got Huddersfield relegated got Norwich relegated does this make him a better DoF?

You're right but how long will it take him to learn, and what consequences does he face as DOF for his failures?

What failures did we have last year besides rlc whixh was a Parker choice. The biggest failure last year was the manager remember he didn't want wholesale changes until he got battered first game and wanted a whole new defence whixh he got

cookieg

I started to read this thinking it would be an interesting thread and then got to the TK comments and realised that it is just another opportunity for TK bashing and stopped reading any further.

For balance it would have been interesting to know all the failures these DoFs have signed because they will have.

Nero

Quote from: cookieg on June 25, 2021, 08:03:35 AM
I started to read this thinking it would be an interesting thread and then got to the TK comments and realised that it is just another opportunity for TK bashing and stopped reading any further.

For balance it would have been interesting to know all the failures these DoFs have signed because they will have.

I mean look at palace they have a football man as DoF and currently have no manager and about 9 players in contract but apparently he's better then TK  and knows what he's doing

simplyfulham

To call Victor Orta a journalist is a bit of a joke really. He has been on the coaching and technical staff at professional football clubs for over 15 years.

Statto

Quote from: Nero on June 25, 2021, 08:09:55 AM
I mean look at palace they have a football man as DoF and currently have no manager and about 9 players in contract but apparently he's better then TK  and knows what he's doing

Remind me what division they'll be playing in this season...

Statto

Quote from: Nero on June 25, 2021, 08:03:09 AM

What failures did we have last year besides rlc whixh was a Parker choice. The biggest failure last year was the manager remember he didn't want wholesale changes until he got battered first game and wanted a whole new defence whixh he got

Failure to sign a CB until 5 games into the season

Failure to sign another decent winger/AM besides Lookman (and before you say we didn't have the budget, whose fault was that?)

Letting another 5 games pass by in January before signing a striker (and then signing one who wasn't good enough anyway)

simplyfulham

Quote from: Nero on June 24, 2021, 11:20:27 PM

Is it scatter gun, yes his first season in the Prem seemed to be but last year, Parker didn't want wholesale changes,Parker get stuffed in first match, Parker goes running to Khan we need a defence TK buys  a defence, SP falls out with Mitro I need a striker TK get him Maja, SP decide Cav is a better option up top still

You seem to know a lot about the specific players and precisely who picked who?

We went into the season with one recognised, unfit striker and didn't get a back up until 1st Feb 2021. We signed five defenders and a new goalkeeper, half of which didn't arrive until the final days of the transfer market. And the less said about RLC and the rumoured clauses in that deal the better.

Half of the problem was with that window is we were hampered by the deals already done late on the season before. The clauses activated for Knock and Cav, both who weren't really good enough for us in the Prem. Bobby Reid, as much as I love the guy, I have no idea where we intended to play him when we bought him and I still don't.

Yes we brought in some good players last season, but looking at it longterm across 3-4 years, there's been no real direction or approach in any of the deals. It's just a case of chasing a bargain and looking for some sense of value wherever it can be found.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on June 25, 2021, 09:47:52 AM
Quote from: Nero on June 25, 2021, 08:03:09 AM

Failure to sign a CB until 5 games into the season

Failure to sign another decent winger/AM besides Lookman (and before you say we didn't have the budget, whose fault was that?)

Letting another 5 games pass by in January before signing a striker (and then signing one who wasn't good enough anyway)

Save your breath (or fingers) Statto, Nero isn't going to listen.