News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-It takes a worried man to.....

Started by bog, June 25, 2021, 08:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Sing a worried song. When basking in the sunshine and the glory as a member of the white wall I really thought we were getting somewhere. Then our next two attempts in the top flight gave a new meaning to the term 'down in one' and here we are pre-season and silence is not golden. What is really going on with the manager situation? I hope that they have got another one waiting in the wings if SP is going. Just please sort it out and let's get some activity going.  :016:

Thank you and goodnight.

092.gif 

filham

This waiting is dreadful, have we ever before been so close to the start of a new season with so much doubt about who is in charge and what our playing staff will look like for the coming season.

bog

Quote from: filham on June 25, 2021, 09:32:35 AM
This waiting is dreadful, have we ever before been so close to the start of a new season with so much doubt about who is in charge and what our playing staff will look like for the coming season.

No we have not! I do worry about that TK's thinking.  :doh:

092.gif 

Lighthouse

I remember that it was during Wimbledon fortnight that they announced Ian Branfoot would be the next Fulham manager. So being late to organise is not new. That is was in the days managers did more than just coach. Reminds me the times when a General Manager and a coach was a better set up than the one we have now.

But does it matter that much at this stage? The players, when they come in will go through the same tedious training schedule whoever is the coach. They wont get to the important bits about tactics and how the coach likes to play and the fact we don't have the players that fit that tactic, until a few weeks time.

I am not worried because the problems are still there and whoever comes in. Whoever gets or doesn't get us promotion. We still have a set up that can't get the players to keep us in the Prem.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Cornishnick

Whole thing is being badly managed by the club. Inane stuff on the offal in the absence of anything to say. 

Not sure if the 30th June contract end dates have any bearing on all this silence but we're just becoming a laughing stock.

Not a happy bunny right now   :031:

Fernhurst

When will this interminable wait end?

It is difficult to obtain a young dynamic manager with a fabulous pedigree easily.

Bournemouth appear to have managed it!!!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bog

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 25, 2021, 09:40:41 AM
I remember that it was during Wimbledon fortnight that they announced Ian Branfoot would be the next Fulham manager. So being late to organise is not new. That is was in the days managers did more than just coach. Reminds me the times when a General Manager and a coach was a better set up than the one we have now.

But does it matter that much at this stage? The players, when they come in will go through the same tedious training schedule whoever is the coach. They wont get to the important bits about tactics and how the coach likes to play and the fact we don't have the players that fit that tactic, until a few weeks time.

I am not worried because the problems are still there and whoever comes in. Whoever gets or doesn't get us promotion. We still have a set up that can't get the players to keep us in the Prem.

Those were really desperate times. 

ALG01

I think this is par for the course at Fulham since MAF left us.
we have a nice enough owner that has a couldn't really care less attitude to what happens on the field of play
His son, who however you measure it it,is a failure but will not step aside

it is extremely dispiriting because whatever manager is in place for the start of the season cannot hope to build for the future.