Author Topic: Fulham 1-1 Middlesbrough (H) 13:30 Sun 8 Aug  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Wingnut

• The Bard/Corked Hat
Re: Middlesbrough (H) 13:30 Sun 8 Aug
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2021, 03:32:13 PM »
We've been Warnocked. Should have won that game. Pretty clear where we need to strengthen. Why is AK still playing for us?

Offline akf

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2021, 03:32:19 PM »
disappointing result.  but i think we had more attacking intent.

one thing i liked was the attitude of tosin and ream.  the game of ping-the-ball-around-the-back was replaced with, dare i say it, a hangeland-esque drive forward looking for a decisive pass.  when they were given space, they used it, and with urgency.  much appreciated.

Offline jayffc

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2021, 03:33:20 PM »
Didn't take long for old Fulham habits to re-emerge.

Kebano and Robinson aren't good enough.

Mitro was miles off the pace.

The sooner Kamara goes the better.

For those of you who were expecting promotion (not me), this result shows that there is a HEAP of work to be done.

Yes, we were missing our first choice midfield trio, but there were more than enough opportunities for us to win this game.  As soon as we conceded (again, typical Fulham after dominating the game), old habits emerged.  Giving away free after free, inviting pressure, and losing any semblance of structure going forward.

I think the performance says we should be very optimistic about promotion

Missing Harrison in DM was tough...Francois not ready on that showing and someone better than Josh O is a must.

Grimes a priority ...him and Harrison I'm the middle could be a great engine room

Offline Mitrovic the warrior

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2021, 03:33:53 PM »
disappointing result.  but i think we had more attacking intent.

one thing i liked was the attitude of tosin and ream.  the game of ping-the-ball-around-the-back was replaced with, dare i say it, a hangeland-esque drive forward looking for a decisive pass.  when they were given space, they used it, and with urgency.  much appreciated.

Agree, always looking to play it forward and Tosin played a number of lovely raking balls. In general our attacking play was brilliant at times.