Author Topic: Blackpool 1-0 Fulham (A) 15:00 Sat 11 Sep  (Read 4662 times)

Offline Kemosabe

• Lakey/Dark Room
Re: Blackpool (A) 15:00 Sat 11 Sep
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2021, 04:56:01 PM »
"Manager of the Month" curse.

That thought occurred to me as well when he won it... :016:

Offline junior white

• Legend
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2021, 04:56:01 PM »
Only 3 shots on target the whole  game from 16 i believe i just saw as a stat

Offline ChesterTheTabby

• cebu
  • We Live in Hope.
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2021, 04:56:44 PM »
Well, you get what you deserve. poo internationals, tired players, poor performance, and to a very decent Blackpool side. Cheers to them.

Offline Sgt Fulham

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2021, 04:56:53 PM »
Robinson been so... so... bad. How was he ever linked with Milan

One game doesn't make an entire career lol

Hes average. All speed and nothing else. Theres a reason most want bryan on ahead of him

Bryan isn't that quick and he can't defend, literally every game we play with Bryan at LB he gets caught ball watching but that's your opinion I guess

Bryan can cross the ball. How many times has he set up mitro?

So you want to play a LB that can't defend just because he can cross a ball, okay then

Why do you want to play a lb that can run but can't defend or cross

Because he can defend better than Bryan, which is what you want from a LB. Crossing isn't his primary role, he's there to defend and create as a secondary chance, whereas Bryan is a defensive liability and it makes us weaker

That was defending for the goal against us today, was it?

Offline Logicalman

• Global Moderator
  • cebu
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2021, 04:57:18 PM »
Only 3 shots on target the whole  game from 16 i believe i just saw as a stat

16/4

Offline AnOldBrownie

• The Bard/Corked Hat
Re: Blackpool 1-0 Fulham (A) 15:00 Sat 11 Sep
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2021, 04:58:07 PM »
Can't win if you don't score.

082.gif to Blackpool.   They did enough to win.

Offline Logicalman

• Global Moderator
  • cebu
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2021, 04:59:23 PM »
Stats:  Blackpool/Fulham

Possession:  30%/70%
Shots:   8/16
Shots on Target:  1/4
Corners: 4/4
Fouls:  12/9

Offline Deeping_white

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2021, 05:00:55 PM »

Hes average. All speed and nothing else. Theres a reason most want bryan on ahead of him

Bryan isn't that quick and he can't defend, literally every game we play with Bryan at LB he gets caught ball watching but that's your opinion I guess

So you want to play a LB that can't defend just because he can cross a ball, okay then

Because he can defend better than Bryan, which is what you want from a LB. Crossing isn't his primary role, he's there to defend and create as a secondary chance, whereas Bryan is a defensive liability and it makes us weaker

IF you want to cherry pick one example, give me 5 mins and I'll have a dozen of Bryan defending like Stevie Wonder

Offline AnOldBrownie

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2021, 05:01:58 PM »

God...go back and watch the play...

There are FOUR, not two, players in that attacking window at the time.   Two attacking Blackpool players and Seri + Antonee.   

Antonee doesn't commit to the Inside attacker (player with the ball) because the outside attacker is slightly further forward and Seri if further inside than Antonee.

Yes, he could have gambled and stopped the interior attacker...and left the outside attacker open to receive a pass.   He didn't.   Mistake.

WTF did Seri do on that same attack?

As a FB, you're not going to ignore the overlapping attacker when you have teammate who is further inside than you are.

Seri F'ed up on that play.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 05:07:57 PM by AnOldBrownie »

Offline Lordedmundo

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2021, 05:02:33 PM »

I personally think Robinson is the better player, but he never should have started today - as proved by his general performance and specifically his terrrible defending for their goal.  He should have been subbed off for Bryan - problem is there were many bad performers (especially) in the first half, so he was left on. Certainly Bryan's superior composure in attacking positions would have helped us when we were basically camped in Blackpool's half for the last 15 mins and needed some quality crossed put in.

Offline Whitestone

• Legend
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2021, 05:03:03 PM »
There was always going to be a hiccup along the way. Didn’t think it would be today though. Team selection baffled me with players selected who would undoubtedly be travel weary. I’m a big fan of Robinson and Ream has started the season well but we have a squad for a reason and next Wednesday another tough match against Birmingham. Surely Mawson and Bryan should have started. Wilson and Carvalho were big losses creatively so I guess that can’t have helped.

Offline Mullers OG

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2021, 05:05:48 PM »
The Robinson/Bryan debate rumbles on. They are both good players and both have their supporters. I suspect a majority of the fans would rather see Bryan playing more often than he has done in the last two seasons. Both Parker and Silva have preferred Robinson. They see their players day in, day out. Today Silva probably made a mistake. A fit active Bryan should have been preferred to a tired jet lagged Robinson.

Offline simplyfulham

• Legend
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2021, 05:08:44 PM »

He’s a darn sight better defender than Robbo at least.

Offline Logicalman

• Global Moderator
  • cebu
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2021, 05:09:06 PM »
The Robinson/Bryan debate rumbles on. They are both good players and both have their supporters. I suspect a majority of the fans would rather see Bryan playing more often than he has done in the last two seasons. Both Parker and Silva have preferred Robinson. They see their players day in, day out. Today Silva probably made a mistake. A fit active Bryan should have been preferred to a tired jet lagged Robinson.

I would agree with this, but Ream was just as bad as well, poor passing at the back was a throwback to last season that we can do without.

Offline simplyfulham

• Legend
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2021, 05:11:49 PM »

There are FOUR, not two, players in that attacking window at the time.   Two attacking Blackpool players and Seri + Antonee.   

Antonee doesn't commit to the Inside attacker (player with the ball) because the outside attacker is slightly further forward and Seri if further inside than Antonee.

Yes, he could have gambled and stopped the interior attacker...and left the outside attacker open to receive a pass.   He didn't.   Mistake.

As a FB, you're not going to ignore the overlapping attacker when you have teammate who is further inside than you are.

Antonee needs to force the runner to commit and push him wide. It’s that simple.

Offline Deeping_white

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2021, 05:25:30 PM »

He’s a darn sight better defender than Robbo at least.

No, he really isn’t. Bryan is stupidly easy to play against because one diagonal pass completely takes him out of the game, added to the fact that he gets beaten on the outside so many times

Offline AnOldBrownie

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2021, 05:26:18 PM »

Antonee needs to force the runner to commit and push him wide. It’s that simple.

Which runner?  Overlapper, or ball carrier?

Not sure why everyone is giving Seri a pass...considering his misplaced pass is what initiates the scoring drive...then he's poor defending as well.

Offline Nero

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2021, 05:28:50 PM »
Probably be the lead game on Quest tonight

Offline simplyfulham

• Legend
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2021, 05:31:58 PM »

Which runner?  Overlapper, or ball carrier?

Not sure why everyone is giving Seri a pass...considering his misplaced pass is what initiates the scoring drive...then he's poor defending as well.

The ball carrier - clearly.

Bit of a poor pass from Seri yes, but it wasn’t miles off or a particularly bad choice of pass. But his mistake at least came from attempting something positive and you can’t attribute a goal to losing the ball to their right back on the half way line.

Offline AnOldBrownie

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2021, 05:40:25 PM »
Seri plays CDM for Fulham.  Not attacking mid...or box to box...CDM.  He's expected to defend.

He ALSO was within an arms length of the attacking player that scores the goal (and in no way was in position to switch to the outside runner) yet does a piss poor job stopping it as well.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 05:44:52 PM by AnOldBrownie »