watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, Bournemouth don't want to pay us compensation

Started by H4usuallysitting, June 27, 2021, 12:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

And Mr Parker doesn't want to resign, and we've agreed in principle to pay Swansea £3:5m compensation for Mr Cooper......only one way to break the deadlock - keep Mr Parker as the fashion advisor for the club.....and let Mr Cooper be our manager..... really Mr Parker, after all this club has done for you

Andy S

There is no room for sentiment in football. The people who matter most are the supporters

..FOF..

Nero

Sick Parker on garden leave, no pundit work, 2 years in the wilderness People wi be saying Parker who

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: ..FOF.. on June 27, 2021, 04:08:53 AM
Then more $$$ for Parker to leave?

His ego won't let him manage the under 8's.... he'd be in the wilderness....plus it upsets AFCB's plans, that they've been working on since August

roberto w6

I'm not a lawyer but I think putting him in charge of the U-18s or any other "out of the way" role could count as constructive dismissal. Then you get into the realms of we'd be sacking him from his current job albeit offering him another. And if he decided not to take the other job, then it's severance payment/compensation time.

He will be under pressure to sign for Bournemouth (if the rumours are true) and I think we'll reach a compromise. Of course, our hand is weakened if we hire a replacement in the meantime. I believe that's where we are now but have no inside knowledge - just my take

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: roberto w6 on June 27, 2021, 11:31:47 AM
I'm not a lawyer but I think putting him in charge of the U-18s or any other "out of the way" role could count as constructive dismissal. Then you get into the realms of we'd be sacking him from his current job albeit offering him another. And if he decided not to take the other job, then it's severance payment/compensation time.

He will be under pressure to sign for Bournemouth (if the rumours are true) and I think we'll reach a compromise. Of course, our hand is weakened if we hire a replacement in the meantime. I believe that's where we are now but have no inside knowledge - just my take

AFCB gave Parker an ultimatum yesterday, Resign or they give the job to someone else

H4usuallysitting

Let it go through the court's....get all the dirty washing out - nobody wins, it'll take year's.. but AFCB don't get a manager that they've been planning for, for nearly a year

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: Nero on June 27, 2021, 07:56:02 AM
Sick Parker on garden leave, no pundit work, 2 years in the wilderness People wi be saying Parker who
This. A fiver says he'd cave in a fortnight. Personally I'd take the money and spend two years on the golf course, but football managers' egos won't let any of them settle for life out of the limelight, so this would do his head in.

Nero

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on June 27, 2021, 12:48:41 PM

Let it go through the court's....get all the dirty washing out - nobody wins, it'll take year's.. but AFCB don't get a manager that they've been planning for, for nearly a year

and what a lucky escape that would be for them

Statto

Why would it go through the courts? These are all negotiations, not disputes.
It's like us trying to buy a striker and not being able to agree a fee with the selling club - do we take them to court?

roberto w6

I'm saying we'd be on shaky legal ground if we kept SP but put him in a lesser role.
He'd argue constructive dismissal and would possibly take us to court with a strong chance of success if we didn't pay compensation or reach a compromise out of court
Not like buying a striker as there is already a legally binding contract in place. So, of course, the preferred option for all is to reach settlement through negotiation but if we can't he'd have a case for taking us to court

MikeTheCubed

Always found it too good to be believable that Bournemouth were willing to pay Fulham £3 million for Parker.

Statto

Quote from: roberto w6 on June 27, 2021, 02:10:24 PM
I'm saying we'd be on shaky legal ground if we kept SP but put him in a lesser role.
He'd argue constructive dismissal and would possibly take us to court with a strong chance of success if we didn't pay compensation or reach a compromise out of court
Not like buying a striker as there is already a legally binding contract in place. So, of course, the preferred option for all is to reach settlement through negotiation but if we can't he'd have a case for taking us to court

In reality we'd just put him on garden leave for 2 years

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Statto on June 27, 2021, 01:51:02 PM
Why would it go through the courts? These are all negotiations, not disputes.
It's like us trying to buy a striker and not being able to agree a fee with the selling club - do we take them to court?

Parker taking the club to court for making him the under 8's manager