Main Menu

Current manager fiasco could be very positive

Started by FulhamStu, June 27, 2021, 09:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Quote from: ScalleysDad on June 27, 2021, 11:19:17 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on June 27, 2021, 10:33:19 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on June 27, 2021, 10:23:01 AM
Just going to dip in with a fact. Parker does not have an ego and is the first person to acknowledge he is on a steep learning curve.

We all have egos and multi millionaire footballers bigger than most.  Parker is I am sure a hard working honest guy but he will  think that he is right and and will want to show his authority but as an inexperienced guy managing other players with even bigger egos is a bit of a minefield (I would think).  Currently what is happening does not suggest anything other than he is trying to screw Fulham for more money..  yes, Fulham do not come out of this well at all, which is why I hope Shahid Khan has had enough.

Tony Khan is co-owner and will of course will still have influence, BUT, can't run the day to day footballing managment issues for all the reasons we have done to death.  This could finally be the solution to those problems being put in place.

Of course it's possible, that TK will remain in situ as could Parker and all the current squad and staff.  Not likely though eh.

Not likely at all after all that has gone before and the pantomime continues. SP does not need me to back him up and I am not aiming any criticism at you but my trigger finger could not help itself. The footballing side of this stand off has been sidetracked with critique of SPs clothing, mannerisms, hair cut and performances in front of the camera. I think as the last pre season charged in on us many on here felt we needed an experienced forward and creative midfielder at the very least and a DoF list was being waved around. There were some alarm bells even then. The loanees bolstered the defence, highlighting how fragile it was, but not much else happened. Could it be that SP is simply, in his own way, screwing TK harder than TK screwed him?

There should of course be a long list of waivers and disclaimers now and I have no itk knowledge regarding SP and TK. It's just a view I shared over the fence.......... Oh and I have put a tenner on the mantelpiece.

0001.jpeg

Parker strikes me as a an honest, modest man, for an elite  footballer/ manager, anyway, but I obviously don't really know, since I've never met him.

Just as none of us really know what has gone on between Parker and   the players.
But it seems likely that Mitro might have fallen out with him, since Parker dropped him, when he decided to  change our style of play - a decision that generally proved  the right one, considering the players we had, and our inability to supply Mitro.
Though Mitro did start a couple of games after being dropped, when the team didn't play well.
Mitro may also have been unwell/lost form, etc.

Mawsome was also  not played, despite recovering from injury? Whatever, if he felt he was fit enough to play, and he did play well on loan, before becoming injured again, then he likely would feel aggrieved towards Parker.

But the manager has to make these tough decisions.

There will always be conflict of ego's at football clubs, and the  manager is bound fall out with  some players, who  don't like the decisions he makes,  if it  affects them and their career - every player  wants/needs to play in the first team, while others will like the manager , and speak well of him, if he plays them regularly.

As for screwing the club. Well, how much do we know about what has gone on?
And Parker will know that there is no sentiment, or loyalty, in football, and the Khans would have  little loyalty to him, if  results continued to be bad.
But the personal vitriol towards Parker doesn't sit well with me, when we don't know the full situation, and  certainly  not Parker's side.

bill taylors apprentice

I remember thinking when we signed Parker as a player that he was a drain on resources for what we got back in performances.
Then during the fiasco of relegation and the chaos of Magath as manager it was probably useful having a character like him around as a player but as a player he continued to offer very little for his salary.

It took a few seasons for us to regain a positive team and that had nothing to do with him.

Again, his character helped bring some stability to the club in a time of shambles when he took on the role of Caretaker manager.

But that's about it really, so as a player on £80,000 a week (reportedly) and a manager on a 5 million 3 year contract (reportedly) he has been more a drain on resources than an asset that has moved the club to a higher level!

I think I've been proved right.

FulhamStu

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on June 27, 2021, 05:33:51 PM
I remember thinking when we signed Parker as a player that he was a drain on resources for what we got back in performances.
Then during the fiasco of relegation and the chaos of Magath as manager it was probably useful having a character like him around as a player but as a player he continued to offer very little for his salary.

It took a few seasons for us to regain a positive team and that had nothing to do with him.

Again, his character helped bring some stability to the club in a time of shambles when he took on the role of Caretaker manager.

But that's about it really, so as a player on £80,000 a week (reportedly) and a manager on a 5 million 3 year contract (reportedly) he has been more a drain on resources than an asset that has moved the club to a higher level!

I think I've been proved right.

That is really my thinking on Parker, this was however not really a thread about Parker but about changes above him.  WSW has said as much in more recent posts.  Javi effectively replacing TK in all but name may have been forced by the circus that has been created by not having our DOF engaged on a daily basis in person managing things better was my reason for posting this one.  Wilder does bring another dimension however and Javi and Wilder could be an interesting combination.  Slav obviously worked well with Javi and he is certainly no shrinking violet so maybe the combination is a good fit.   If Wilder came in it would be a massive change of direction football wise from the 'nicefulham' we have all grown up with.  A tough no nonsense Northerner is not what we are used too but I for one would be happy to support this move.  It maybe the shake up we have needed for a long time.