more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Appoint Marco Silva (Offical)

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 01, 2021, 06:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

FULHAM APPOINT MARCO SILVA

The Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Marco Silva as our new Head Coach.

Silva has agreed a three-year deal with Fulham, keeping him at Craven Cottage until the end of the 2023/24 campaign.

He will be assisted by Club legend Luis Boa Morte, who made 250 appearances in a six-and-a-half year spell.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Silva said: "I'm really pleased and proud to be appointed Head Coach of such a historic football club. I want to thank the owner, Mr Khan, Tony Khan and the entire football structure of Fulham Football Club, for the trust shown in us. I'm excited to get started and my message for our fans ahead of this big challenge is we will all be working very hard together to be successful so they can feel proud at the end of the season."

Fulham Chairman Shahid Khan provided the following statement: "My commitment to Fulham Football Club is resolute and I therefore take to heart my obligation to provide our supporters with the very best possible, on the pitch and away from the game. In recent days, this responsibility entailed identifying, interviewing and hiring a head coach who would achieve all of our objectives as a club.

"I met Marco Silva in Portugal last week and was inspired. Marco's body of work in football was evident, but listening to him break down in detail his experiences at each of his stops as a head coach was thoroughly impressive. Marco also came prepared, with a full understanding of the players we have and ideas on how we can move forward this season. I loved his energy and optimism, and I'm confident Marco Silva is the right choice to lead Fulham Football Club as our new Head Coach.

"Finally, Marco will add to his backroom staff a true fan favourite. Luis Boa Morte played here, worked here, knows the Club and appreciates what the Fulham badge means to the supporters. That's a plus for all of us.

"Overall, I hope everyone who loves Fulham Football Club are as enthused to welcome Marco Silva to Fulham as I am proud to make this appointment. Come on, Fulham!"

This is Silva's fourth job in England, having previously led Hull City, Watford and Everton in the Premier League.

After transforming the fortunes of GD Estoril in his homeland – taking them from the brink of bankruptcy in the second tier, to the Europa League – he went on to win trophies in consecutive seasons with Sporting Clube de Portugal and Olympiakos, respectively.

He joined Hull in January 2017 with the team sitting bottom of the Premier League having won just three matches all season. Silva managed to ignite an immediate improvement in form, but their eight victories in the second half of the campaign weren't quite enough to save the club from relegation.

His style of play and impact at Hull prompted Watford to appoint him that summer. Silva was only at Vicarage Road for half a year, but left the club sitting in a healthy 10th spot in the Premier League.

Silva joined Everton in May 2018, and guided the club to an eighth place finish in his one full season in charge.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/july/Fulham-Appoint-Marco-Silva

Black, White and Fred

'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Tabby

Looks like Shahid Khan got personally involved here. Happy to see Boa Morte back at the cottage.

Somerset Fulham

No idea how this will go, obvs but I am looking forward to it.

west kowloon white

FFC In Oz

I was a little uninspired originally when it became likely we would appoint him.

I'm coming around to him though, and I think we can expect a lot more dynamism, particularly from the midfield.

He knows where the squad needs to improve, so it will be interesting to see who we can attract.

MartyFFC

Really pleased with this; onwards and upwards......

perry geyton

SP

Matt10

He's got a lot of accomplishments and a lot of areas to improve. I like that SK mentioned how Silva spoke about our current players already. Definitely excited to be done with this manager seeking saga. COYW!

Nero

FFC In Oz

SuffolkWhite

Pleased with this appointment as we will hopefully see a more dynamic style with Strikers actually playing!
Let's give him 10 games before moaning  :005:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Peabody

Shropshire Lad

I sincerely hope this is the turning point for Fulham FC after a dire season with Parker, under whose leadership I struggled to watch many games. Now looking forward to the start of the season with high hopes of attractive attacking football.  049:gif 049:gif

Dunstable Fulham

I am excited by this appointment. I think we will be good to watch and he has a decent track record in the Premiership as well. We have done well to get him.

elgreenio

Tough to be downbeat about this appointment as he'll certainly bring a more exciting brand of football to the club, and Boa back is a big bonus.

Let's get behind himand see what we can do this season, COYW
touch my camera through the fence

Finnans Right Peg

We all need to give him time beacause i think it will take time to go from parker ball to the football our new manager wants us to play

Steven Ageroad

Where does this leave TK in all of this because as SK mentioned he was involved in Silva's appointment?

brightster

Really pleased about this appointment, He would have been my first pick, I like his style of play, the way he speaks in front of the camera, think he will fit in well, much better than Wilder. Glad we dint get Cooper, I don't think they would be able to attract the players we need to progress.
Time to get behind him and please give him some time, at least Jan!