watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fight - it's us or Bournemouth

Started by H4usuallysitting, July 14, 2021, 02:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

For Matt Grimes.....is he worth the fight?

HV71

He is primarily a defensive mid - given the squad we currently have why do we need another one ? We need creativity and someone who can chip in with a few goals. TC is great , when fit , but last season clearly demonstrated that we have no other ( proven & experienced) replacement . Hopefully SJ will be fully back in the fold as well - but surely we need to add more of an attacking thread -? - especially when you consider the strength ( and number ) of defenders we have at our disposal

howitis

from what little i have seen he looks a very accomplished player. Not sure however that we could accommodate both him and Cairney in the same team.

Perhaps the most important for me is can he step up to the Premier League. There is no point in signing players on 3+ years contracts unless they can not only help us go up a division but also keep us there.

HV71

I have posted on another thread that I think he is a decent player. My friend who has a season ticket at Swansea is full of praise -I am just of the opinion that we need a more attacking balance tou our current midfield

We Are Premier League

yes, he is worth the fight. Think he would slot in well next to Reed, where Lemina/Zambo played last season.

Got an amazing record of hardly missing a league game in the last 4 seasons, we could do with some of that!

We Are Premier League

Quote from: HV71 on July 14, 2021, 02:59:48 PM
I have posted on another thread that I think he is a decent player. My friend who has a season ticket at Swansea is full of praise -I am just of the opinion that we need a more attacking balance tou our current midfield

With 2 attacking fullback and 4 other attacking players, i think we can afford to have 2 CM's that make up the balance. Grimes also has a fairly decent record for making assists from CM.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Why did he only make 19 appearances last season?