watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Appoint Marco Silva (Offical)

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 01, 2021, 06:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Very pleased.  And to have Boa back is icing on the cake.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bobby01

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 01, 2021, 06:58:21 PM
Where does this leave TK in all of this because as SK mentioned he was involved in Silva's appointment?

Silva includes tk in a general thank you. Shahid says he identified and interviewed candidates and made the decision. On his own as I read it.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Statto

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 01, 2021, 07:04:47 PM

Agreed

100% my preference from all the names mentioned

Good riddance Parker, with all due respect this is another level, not only of attainment but of enjoyment in watching it and of connection with the fans through Boa Morte

Haven't been this enthusiastic about FFC for about three years I reckon

Southcoastffc

"My commitment to Fulham Football Club is resolute and I therefore take to heart my obligation to provide our supporters with the very best possible, on the pitch and away from the game. In recent days, this responsibility entailed identifying, interviewing and hiring a head coach who would achieve all of our objectives as a club.

"I met Marco Silva in Portugal last week and was inspired. Marco's body of work in football was evident, but listening to him break down in detail his experiences at each of his stops as a head coach was thoroughly impressive. Marco also came prepared, with a full understanding of the players we have and ideas on how we can move forward this season. I loved his energy and optimism, and I'm confident Marco Silva is the right choice to lead Fulham Football Club as our new Head Coach.

"Finally, Marco will add to his backroom staff a true fan favourite. Luis Boa Morte played here, worked here, knows the Club and appreciates what the Fulham badge means to the supporters. That's a plus for all of us.

"Overall, I hope everyone who loves Fulham Football Club is as enthused to welcome Marco Silva to Fulham as I am proud to make this appointment. Come on, Fulham!"

Yes, sounds very much as if TK has been at least a bit marginalised.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Nero

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 01, 2021, 07:10:47 PM
"My commitment to Fulham Football Club is resolute and I therefore take to heart my obligation to provide our supporters with the very best possible, on the pitch and away from the game. In recent days, this responsibility entailed identifying, interviewing and hiring a head coach who would achieve all of our objectives as a club.

"I met Marco Silva in Portugal last week and was inspired. Marco's body of work in football was evident, but listening to him break down in detail his experiences at each of his stops as a head coach was thoroughly impressive. Marco also came prepared, with a full understanding of the players we have and ideas on how we can move forward this season. I loved his energy and optimism, and I'm confident Marco Silva is the right choice to lead Fulham Football Club as our new Head Coach.

"Finally, Marco will add to his backroom staff a true fan favourite. Luis Boa Morte played here, worked here, knows the Club and appreciates what the Fulham badge means to the supporters. That's a plus for all of us.

"Overall, I hope everyone who loves Fulham Football Club is as enthused to welcome Marco Silva to Fulham as I am proud to make this appointment. Come on, Fulham!"

Yes, sounds very much as if TK has been at least a bit marginalised.

TK organised a ladders table and chair match the winner became manager his nickname is now Super Marco after beating both Cooper and Wilder

Caedal

I'm far happier with this than I would have Cooper or Wilder. Silva still has name value, and was heavily sought after at one stage. I also think his time out of the game has probably curbed his willingness to move jobs quickly. If he can keep the team together and add a couple quality pieces we should comfortably win the league

Baston White

Welcome Marco to the best club in English football.
We may not be the biggest but we are a great family club.
A special welcome back to Boa.
Wow I'm suddenly looking forward to the season starting again.
049:gif :clap_hands: 049:gif

Black, White and Fred

Too much to hope for a first interview released later today?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

RoyTund

Welcome Mr Silva. Back on the front foot. Upside feels huge here.

Lambo

Welcome Marco Silva and Luis Boa Morte. Good luck in your new roles. Here's to a very successful season. COYW.  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Arthur

I like this appointment. A preferred choice to Cooper or Wilder. SK proving, once again, he's a Chairman/owner we can be mightily pleased to have. The coming season has the potential to be more exciting and entertaining now.

twang

MARCO SILVA is bringing the same five assistants who worked with him at Everton to Fulham, TGG understands.

The Portuguese manager, who was with the Toffees from May 2018 to December 2019 and has not managed since, was named as Fulham boss this evening.

The inner circle of five assistants he is reuniting at Craven Cottage are:

Bruno Mendes (Head of Performance): Worked at Benfica for 17 years, setting up the famous Benfica Lab, before arriving at Everton in July 2018. Lasted just 17 months with the Toffees before he was sacked along with Silva.

Luis Boa Morte (assistant): Made 250 appearances for Fulham as a player. Worked alongside Silva from June to December 2019 at Everton. Has just gained his Uefa Pro Licence from the English FA.

Goncalo Pedro (first-team coach): Long-time lieutenant of Silva's. Worked with him at Estoril, Sporting Lisbon, Olympiakos, Hull, Watford and Everton.

Hugo Oliveira (goalkeeper coach): Ebullient and highly experienced. Worked for Portugal and Benfica before linking up with Silva at Hull, Watford and Everton.

Antonis Lemonakis (analyst): The only non-Portuguese member of Silva's inner circle and another Pro Licence coach. First worked with Silva at Olympiakos and has been with him ever since, at Hull, Watford and Everton.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/marco-silva-reunites-everton-staff-at-fulham

AJW48361

I wonder if Stuart Gray has a role to play?

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Nero

Quote from: AJW48361 on July 01, 2021, 07:56:18 PM
I wonder if Stuart Gray has a role to play?

He'll be sorting out the defence again

bigalffc

Big welcome to Marco Silva and welcome back The dead snake, time to dig out my signed shirt!!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on July 01, 2021, 07:09:56 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 01, 2021, 07:04:47 PM

Agreed

100% my preference from all the names mentioned

Good riddance Parker, with all due respect this is another level, not only of attainment but of enjoyment in watching it and of connection with the fans through Boa Morte

Haven't been this enthusiastic about FFC for about three years I reckon

Agreed so true!
STH H3

Andy S

Excellent appointment let's move on now