more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Appoint Marco Silva (Offical)

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 01, 2021, 06:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Really happy.

Boa Morte has got to be my favourite player of all time. Watching him as a young boy I was blessed. 2000-2010 was the best era of our club by leaps and bounds. And he played his part in that.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Yamus

Does anybody know if he has played many academy players or does he prefer to buy

HV71

Very happy and excited ..... can't wait for the new season to start

Pluto

The more I've read about Silva, the more excited I am. His sides have played some great football and sounds like he was unlucky at Everton (the one real question mark on his CV) in the same way SJ was for us.

I feel like he'll bring a lot more tactical know how than Parker did. He seems to understand how to get the best out of teams going forward. Hopefully with retaining Stuart Gray we can also build on the defensive work from last season and remain solid at the back too.

Tabby

The main black mark on his CV other than the end at Everton is a terrible record at defending set pieces and that he isn't exactly the most loyal (ask any Watford fan).

Pluto

Quote from: Tabby on July 01, 2021, 09:32:15 PM
The main black mark on his CV other than the end at Everton is a terrible record at defending set pieces and that he isn't exactly the most loyal (ask any Watford fan).

From what I've read, he often seems to lack a "Plan B". That's something that can be learned though.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

The interesting thing about Silva is how he transformed Estoril in his first job - something that hasn't really been discussed in the British press.

Statto

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 01, 2021, 08:51:55 PM
So allegedly Shahid flew out to Portugal to interview Marco?

Or took his yacht

cottage expat

Made my day and I'm now really looking forward to the start of the season. I think we'll see more balanced lineups with more emphasis on attacking play( particularly with Boa whispering in his ear). Well done to SK

Blawarmy

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on July 01, 2021, 09:37:30 PM
The interesting thing about Silva is how he transformed Estoril in his first job - something that hasn't really been discussed in the British press.

So he took them up from 2nd tier as champions and then led them to 4th and 5th in the Portuguese league.  That is pretty impressive.  I think we'll take that lol   Plus he started as a dof.  Maybe the Khans are giving him free reign on signings

Mr White

At last I'm looking forward to watching my club play some football again.Great to see everybody sounding
  So positive.

Steeeeeeeeeed

I honestly don't know much about him, but am excited by the appointment from the little I do know.

I think we are definitely going to be right up there come the end of the season. Sounds like he is capable of doing very well for us.

Robbie

Silva has rarely lived up to expectations.  And that was with good squads on hand ....
Tough season ahead and I would think many of the players left will want to leave.

roberto w6

Great news. It certainly sends out a much needed positive vibe.

Well done, Mr Khan. Good luck the new management team.

COYW

Dodger53

Now... I can't wait for the season to start.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Robbie on July 01, 2021, 11:18:18 PM
Silva has rarely lived up to expectations.  And that was with good squads on hand ....
Tough season ahead and I would think many of the players left will want to leave.

What you mean coming 8th with a bang average Everton side? Why would the players want to leave because we've hired an exciting coach who's been name dropped by lots of players as a fantastic coach to work under?

RaySmith

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 02, 2021, 12:00:17 AM
Quote from: Robbie on July 01, 2021, 11:18:18 PM

What you mean coming 8th with a bang average Everton side? Why would the players want to leave because we've hired an exciting coach who's been name dropped by lots of players as a fantastic coach to work under?

8th was the same position as Big Sam, who fans were fed up with, had finished with Everton the season before.

I wish Silva well, though.

The club maybe took a gamble, not choosing Wilder as a safe pair of hands, with recent experience, in Wilder, but let's hope the decision will prove to be correct.
COYW

Woolly Mammoth

It's a fresh start and I hope it works out, but will it be the right decision, I am approaching this with a little caution, time will tell of course. Chris Wilder had the best qualifications and credentials, so another club will benefit from scooping him up no doubt.
Nevertheless, it's done and dusted and the die is cast
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

S.F.Sorrow

Silva is an interesting but also very strange choice if Shahid Khan wanted a manager who will be "committed to Fulham and its supporters". Silva's CV seems to suggest he is the exact opposite.

I'm sure he can get us promoted if he is given the right players but I will be very surprised if he is still here in two years time. But then again, I guess that could be said about ANY manager.

I will of course give him the benefit of the doubt and under the circumstances I don't think we could have done much better. I just don't expect much loyalty or long term commitment.

RogFFC

If Silva is here in 2023 (when his contract runs to) I'd be shocked.
I suppose that either means he has got us promoted and safe in the Prem and has had his head turned again. Or he's failed at promotion at this first hurdle (doubt he will remain in post if we don't go up this year). Is it a risk worth taking - possibly. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.