watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Appoint Marco Silva (Offical)

Started by Friendsoffulham, July 01, 2021, 06:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Would be interested to know what sort of stint he has to do to be considered a committed, long-term appointment.

In reality, if stays 2-3 years that's a good long stint for a manager these days and will mean things went very well.

I agree with others that given he's been a bit of a journeyman up to now, like Jokanovic and Hogdson, he's probably just more motivated to settle down for that sort of timeframe. He'll also probably have had to convince SK of that.

If he does leave before long, it's more likely IMO to be because we sacked him. He'll be expected to get us promoted this season, maybe given a 2nd season to attempt it at a push, and if not, he'll be sacked. Then if we go up he'll probably be sacked if we don't look like staying up.

blingo

Lets at least give the guy time to get started before jumping to assumptions that mean nothing. ? We will see soon enough. I for one am keen to see his style of play. I'm also interested to see what players go and what players come in. It's too early to start knocking the guy.

toshes mate

This is a much better outcome than I had expected and, regardless of future eventualities, Shahid Khan has really done the Club proud.  Any appointment is a risk - sooner or later -  but our Chairman has kept his cards close to his chest until the contract ink was dry and dusted, and he has, IMO, shown a lot of class under pressure in his actions since last season effectively ended in disaster with the defeat at home to Burnley.   

I sincerely wish Marco Silva and his team all the very best and hope that they are, by this time next year, one of the most sought after coaching teams in English football for all the right reasons.  I am optimistic that will be the case and that the team ethic will be so strong nobody will want to be or play anywhere else than Craven Cottage.   Let the Good Times Roll.           

Deeping_white

Think a major plus is that he's already done homework on the squad and knows what personnel we've got seeing as he did a presentation back to SK on the squad. Hopefully he's got an idea of what players/positions he wants to strengthen and we get on with it sharpish. The fact he's a big fan of Mitro is a huge positive because if Mitro feels loved then hopefully he'll go and bang in another 26+ goals this season and get us back up

JimOG

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 02, 2021, 11:29:08 AM
Think a major plus is that he's already done homework on the squad and knows what personnel we've got seeing as he did a presentation back to SK on the squad. Hopefully he's got an idea of what players/positions he wants to strengthen and we get on with it sharpish. The fact he's a big fan of Mitro is a huge positive because if Mitro feels loved then hopefully he'll go and bang in another 26+ goals this season and get us back up

Well said

Holders

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 02, 2021, 11:29:08 AM

I agree, however Ranieri did the same with his homework and look how that turned out!

I am happy with this one though.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

blingo

If mitro stays, I'm going to try and back him for 30+ goals

Lordedmundo

I'm pleased with the appointment. Understandably, the bigger names that some of us were hoping for (Benitez, Nuno, Howe) were or are holding out for Premier League jobs.

Although you could say that Wilder has a better record, his manner of leaving Sheffield United was not good. Plus I never felt his personality would be a good fit at Fulham. He seems to have a bitter side to him, which I don't like.

Silva seems to have really wanted the job, which is obviously important - and Boa Morte coming back is undoubtedly a bonus.

Porthogs FC

All this nonsense with Silva getting his eye turned is in the past... literally. If anything like that happens again, his managerial career is done. No one will hire him. He knows it, we know it. You just hope people learn from their past mistakes.

Additionally, boy do his teams play exciting, attack minded soccer. Mitro should be salivating at this opportunity.

Onwards and upwards!

Welcome Marco!

Shredhead

As a lusophile I'm really chuffed with these appointments.  I liked the way Watford played under him and the Boa appointment is fantastic.  I hope the Khan- bashers will just shut up for a while - unless they are motivated by other reasons
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

IloveFFC

Silva will travel to London this Saturday.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lordedmundo on July 02, 2021, 12:15:26 PM
I'm pleased with the appointment. Understandably, the bigger names that some of us were hoping for (Benitez, Nuno, Howe) were or are holding out for Premier League jobs.

Although you could say that Wilder has a better record, his manner of leaving Sheffield United was not good. Plus I never felt his personality would be a good fit at Fulham. He seems to have a bitter side to him, which I don't like.

Silva seems to have really wanted the job, which is obviously important - and Boa Morte coming back is undoubtedly a bonus.

I feel the same about Wilder, brilliant tactician and coach but negative personality. I also don't like the way he tends to throw his players under the bus and never accepts any blame.

RaySmith

The other day's Cottage Talk interview  by Russ with the journalist who covered Everton during  Silva's time there, is  underwhelming, if confusing, to say the least.

But we need to give  the bloke a chance to see what he can do at Fulham.

midlandwhites

Nero

Heard Danny Murphy moaning about him saying it's not a good appointment on talk sport

that'll do for me he's going to be great  049:gif

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: IloveFFC on July 03, 2021, 12:21:16 AM
Silva will travel to London this Saturday.

I heard he flew in on Thursday last week, could join the team after tomorrow if he tests negative?

roberto w6

Quote from: Nero on July 05, 2021, 04:49:48 PM
Heard Danny Murphy moaning about him saying it's not a good appointment on talk sport

that'll do for me he's going to be great  049:gif

I heard it too. At first I was disappointed but the more he spoke, the more it became clear he was a big supporter of Scott Parker so I wondered if the disappointment of SP leaving influenced his view.

I was a bit concerned until I heard Simon Jordan also slagging off Silva, then I knew Silva must be a good manager

Simon Jordan is like football's answer to Arthur Daley or Del Boy without the charm of either. Tries to impress being verbose and using needless long words which he gets wrong

IloveFFC

WhiteJC

sunburywhite

Where was Boa when they were doing the training video?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me