https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

K Mac

Started by Southcoastffc, July 02, 2021, 10:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Get well soon and back at the Club.

The Rational Fan

It would be wise to offer KMac a playing contract of £5,000 per week as a cheap option for the squad's seventh central midfielder. We only have six central midfielders (not including u21s) and last time the seventh midfielder played > 500 minutes (i.e. KMac and Riley). If keep KMac, then my guess is he will probably get one (or two) starts during the season and a half dozen substitutions, probably added 2 points for the season (i.e. maintaining a lead at least once).

RaySmith

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 06, 2021, 05:39:25 AM
It would be wise to offer KMac a playing contract of £5,000 per week as a cheap option for the squad's seventh central midfielder. We only have six central midfielders (not including u21s) and last time the seventh midfielder (i.e. KMac) played > 500 minutes. If keep KMac, then my guess is he will probably get one (or two) starts during the season and a half dozen substitutions to close out games especially in the three-game match week, probably added 2 points for the season.

It would be brilliant if he pays for us  again.

he should certainly be offered a job as a a coach, if he  is unable to  play, but i think he was hoping to get back to playing.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: RaySmith on July 06, 2021, 05:45:35 AM
It would be wise to offer KMac a playing contract of £5,000 per week as a cheap option for the squad's seventh central midfielder. We only have six central midfielders (not including u21s) and last time the seventh midfielder (i.e. KMac) played > 500 minutes. If keep KMac, then my guess is he will probably get one (or two) starts during the season and a half dozen substitutions to close out games especially in the three-game match week, probably added 2 points for the season.

he should certainly be offered a job as a a coach, if he  is unable to  play, but i think he was hoping to get back to playing.
Did seem like that was his desire. Depends how he recovers etc but he will always be a useful squad option at this level, particular if we are dominating teams as hes wonderful at dictating tempo and picking a ball through the lines. I hope if hes fit someone sticks him in the starting XI though, truly my favourite Fulham player of recent time (scottish bias on full display maybe)

It would be brilliant if he pays for us  again.

hovewhite

What a nice fella,put his name back in the playing squad and a coaching role.A great servant to Fulham.

The Rational Fan

It would be brilliant if he pays for us again. he should certainly be offered a job as a a coach, if he is unable to play, but I think he was hoping to get back to playing.

He probably won't be playing until November/December, but I doubt we will need him until then anyway. We definitely won't need KMac before the transfer window closes, and injury build-up won't happen immediately after it closes, and even after injuries occur younger players are likely to be tried first, but after the 31st October games there are a number of triple-game weeks where we will need to rotate players to prevent injuries (like Mawson, Kongolo, Reed, Cairney, and Onamah) assuming they are not in surgery already.

As for KMac as a coach, I really don't know if he has what it takes to be a Fulham coach just yet. Although, some Scottish championship team as a player/coach could be an interesting starting point for his coaching for next season. 

As for KMac as an assistant coach, he likes the pub a little too much, only speaks one language, seems very old school (which won't work with young snowflakes players) and most of all he doesn't seem the assistant coach type as he seems a fairly dominate persoanlity (could be wrong).

As for assistant coaches, I personally think Denis Odoi might make an excellent assistant defensive coach, as he seems a good student/reader (there is a lot of theory to learn for coaching these days), not going to dominate the coach, speaks several languages (Dutch, French, English, and probably a few similar languages German/Portuguese/Spanish, etc), his English is excellent even though it is his third language and has played every position across the back so probably a good assistant.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 06, 2021, 06:04:32 AM

It would be brilliant if he pays for us again. he should certainly be offered a job as a a coach, if he is unable to play, but I think he was hoping to get back to playing.

He probably won't be playing until November/December, but I doubt we will need him until then anyway. We definitely won't need KMac before the transfer window closes, and injury build-up won't happen immediately after it closes, and even after injuries occur younger players are likely to be tried first, but after the 31st October games there are a number of triple-game weeks where we will need to rotate players to prevent injuries (like Mawson, Kongolo, Reed, Cairney, and Onamah) assuming they are not in surgery already.

As for KMac as a coach, I really don't know if he has what it takes to be a Fulham coach just yet. Although, some Scottish championship team as a player/coach could be an interesting starting point for his coaching for next season. 

As for KMac as an assistant coach, he likes the pub a little too much, only speaks one language, seems very old school (which won't work with young snowflakes players) and most of all he doesn't seem the assistant coach type as he seems a fairly dominate persoanlity (could be wrong).

As for assistant coaches, I personally think Denis Odoi might make an excellent assistant defensive coach, as he seems a good student/reader (there is a lot of theory to learn for coaching these days), not going to dominate the coach, speaks several languages (Dutch, French, English, and probably a few similar languages German/Portuguese/Spanish, etc), his English is excellent even though it is his third language and has played every position across the back so probably a good assistant.
You seem to know a lot about him, do you know him personally?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fernhurst

Yes.... I was wondering the same, what is the basis for the "he likes the pub too much" comment?
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

jarv

Great news. Hope for a speedy recovery.

midlandwhites

Might be a good idea to ask the Fulham u23 and u18 what they think of him as a coach, they have seen him in action instead of people making judgements ?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 06, 2021, 12:17:40 PM

I only know KMac's media image, but I remember KMac saying on video that he was called to do a fitness test for Fulham after drinking a lot and that during his fitness test his blood pressure was 180 mm Hg (that seems like a solid week drinking). I don't think he should have revealed that to the public, as media image is important.

I have no problem with him enjoying life, but if we want to win I would prefer a coach that just lives for football alone and maybe some family life too. We have lots of players to choose from to be coaches, only those that appear most dedicated should be coaches. Given his form a few years ago and his age, he should have a few years remaining as a player before being a coach.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 07, 2021, 02:34:32 AM

I only know KMac's media image, but I remember KMac saying on video that he was called to do a fitness test for Fulham after drinking a lot and that during his fitness test his blood pressure was 180 mm Hg (that seems like a solid week drinking). I don't think he should have revealed that to the public, as media image is important.

I have no problem with him enjoying life, but if we want to win I would prefer a coach that just lives for football alone and maybe some family life too. We have lots of players to choose from to be coaches, only those that appear most dedicated should be coaches. Given his form a few years ago and his age, he should have a few years remaining as a player before being a coach.
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 07, 2021, 02:34:32 AM

I take your point but are you by any chance the Landlord of the Bucket of Blood Public House in Cornwall.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.