watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Buys

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, December 20, 2010, 02:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

Since we do not have a match to talk about, how about some rampant speculation on who we will sign/hope to sign in january!

I would love to see Traore and/or Santa Cruz come in.

FatFreddysCat

Charlie Adam and Charlie Adam  plus maybe that fella Charlie Adam.

Tom

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 20, 2010, 02:44:55 PM
I can't really tell who Freddy likes and wants brought in at all.
Fulham for life!

TonyGilroy

I want young players I've never heard of who turn out to be seriously good.

I'm wary of players who are winding down their careers and leaving big clubs.

For the occasional Mullery, Moore and Murphy we've had dozens of Byrnes, Hendersons and Dysons through the years.

MJG

I don't want us signing 2 or 3 players on large wages on 4 year contracts...learn from portmouth.
Loan signings and an agreed fee at the end if we want them is fine.

RidgeRider

Quote from: MJG on December 20, 2010, 03:17:05 PM
I don't want us signing 2 or 3 players on large wages on 4 year contracts...learn from portmouth.
Loan signings and an agreed fee at the end if we want them is fine.

I like this idea as well given it is unlikely we could sign a known 'impact' player any other way who we could afford,  and it is the safer route.

Blingo

Cisse is the one for Blingo

SmithyFFC

Got some man love for Charlie Adam there Fred?  :011:

For me, O'Hara, Ireland, Bentley, Santa Cruz and a new Left Back.
FTID

Bilet

Bentley (on loan), Santa Cruz (on loan), Adam and a young player who can step in and make a difference with some pace.

Hazey

How about attacking midfielder Brett Holman from Az Alkmaar and The Socceroo's.  We had a shocking WC2010, but this guy was one of the shinging lights and has itchy feet to move on apparently...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/brett-holman-happy-as-moving-target/story-e6frf9if-1225974207075

Would leave us a fair amoutn of change from our MASSIVE January budget too I reckon.  Couldnt do any worse thean Riise on the wage bill....

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 20, 2010, 02:47:25 PM
I want young players I've never heard of who turn out to be seriously good.

I'm wary of players who are winding down their careers and leaving big clubs.

For the occasional Mullery, Moore and Murphy we've had dozens of Byrnes, Hendersons and Dysons through the years.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 20, 2010, 03:33:35 PM

Yeah but i could go for a bit of O'Hara as well , definately not Ireland though.

Hazey

Man I would love to get O'Hara and Adam.  I think we have more chance of O'Hara than Adam to be honest.

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 20, 2010, 03:48:15 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 20, 2010, 03:33:35 PM

Yeah but i could go for a bit of O'Hara as well , definately not Ireland though.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

SmithyFFC

Kranjcar? Loan for Aaron Ramsey?
FTID

AlFayedsChequebook

SmithyFFC

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 20, 2010, 04:20:43 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on December 20, 2010, 04:18:24 PM
Kranjcar? Loan for Aaron Ramsey?

Would love Kranjcar

As would I, although I fear wages will scupper any deal.
FTID

AlFayedsChequebook

Hazey

Maybe if we sell four players, we can combine their wages to get one or two in?

HatterDon

Bret Holman? Really? He's more thuggish than DeJong on that criminal's worst day.

I'm looking for a striker and a box-to-box midfielder for certain, but what I'm REALLY looking for is the "We're going to sign [name goes here] from Spurs, and that's a guarantee."

I really enjoyed that program over the last couple of transfer seasons.   :hook:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Hazey

Just making a suggestion HD.  Admittedly I don't know too much about him, but he is hardly a massive lad and the times I have seen him play he hasn't been too bad and far from thuggish in my opinion.  (Just checked his stats, not one yellow in 43 games)

Injected enthusiasm and a bit of dash. the game when he came on at CC a few years ago when the Socceroo's played Ghana i think it was in a friendly.

I may be being pessimistic and I will be over the moon if i am wrong, but I can't see us signing an excitement machine this January.

Hopefully MH is more convincing on the transfer table than he apopears to be in the dressing room.

HatterDon

Quote from: Hazey on December 20, 2010, 06:51:29 PM
Just making a suggestion HD.  Admittedly I don't know too much about him, but he is hardly a massive lad and the times I have seen him play he hasn't been too bad and far from thuggish in my opinion.  (Just checked his stats, not one yellow in 43 games)

Injected enthusiasm and a bit of dash. the game when he came on at CC a few years ago when the Socceroo's played Ghana i think it was in a friendly.

I may be being pessimistic and I will be over the moon if i am wrong, but I can't see us signing an excitement machine this January.

Hopefully MH is more convincing on the transfer table than he apopears to be in the dressing room.

And you may be right. I'm just judging him on the pre-WC friendly and the two WC matches I watched. He sort of looked like Oz's enforcer.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel