watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

National anthems pre match

Started by Abbotsbury White, July 07, 2021, 07:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbotsbury White

I am passionate Fan of FFC and England and nights like tonight are fantastic but I do hope the fans tonight do not boo during the the Danish Anthem, all respect to them making it this far lets show the same respect, may the beast team win,come on England
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

bigalffc

Totally agree, it's embarrassing fan's booing the opposition National Anthem. Major insult
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

HV71

We should always show respect and some class

Carborundum

Just the Italian national anthem to go then.  And yes of course it should be respected on Sunday.  Actually it's well worth a listen.  Absolutely in a genre of its own.   

cottage expat

Quote from: Carborundum on July 07, 2021, 11:30:27 PM
Just the Italian national anthem to go then.  And yes of course it should be respected on Sunday.  Actually it's well worth a listen.  Absolutely in a genre of its own.   

It's worth the price of admission to see Chiellini singing it!

MartyFFC

The Italians were booing the Spanish national anthem yesterday. It's really not a huge deal; time to get down off the soapboxes and moral high ground I reckon

RoyTund

Think it's just disrespectful. Also, can only motivate the opponent.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Carborundum on July 07, 2021, 11:30:27 PM

If football tournaments were won by national anthems alone, Italy would have a lot more stars on their jerseys. Never get tired of hearing their's. A real motivator that must feel like a goal start.

Peabody

Quote from: MartyFFC on July 08, 2021, 12:05:43 AM
The Italians were booing the Spanish national anthem yesterday. It's really not a huge deal; time to get down off the soapboxes and moral high ground I reckon

So, you don't believe in respect then?

bog

Always annoys me when an anthem is booed. That Italian one is one to admire. The layers really have a go. 

092.gif

Twig

Nothing to do with soapboxes it's about respect for other nations and their supporters. All part of the global football family.  Just because some Italian fans booed the Spanish anthem doesn't make it acceptable.

_Putney_

I am so angry that football fans don't behave exactly how I'd like them to!!!!

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Somerset Fulham

I'm honestly quite shocked by some of the attitudes on here about this.

KingofCheese

I hate booing of the national anthem and the players going on their knee - if you don't like it just ignore it.

The best national anthem for just being rousing has to be the French.
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

Cumbrian White

It is a shame to boo the anthems but genuinely feel its dying out, no where near as bad as it was in 1980/1990's,in a few years
it won't happen. Until then, 60,000 people in a stadium, always going to be some idiots but as with the kneeling, I guess they can play the anthems louder to drown out the booing.

Lambo

Quote from: Cumbrian White on July 08, 2021, 04:10:03 PM
It is a shame to boo the anthems but genuinely feel its dying out, no where near as bad as it was in 1980/1990's,in a few years
it won't happen. Until then, 60,000 people in a stadium, always going to be some idiots but as with the kneeling, I guess they can play the anthems louder to drown out the booing.

You should see the comments on the England vs Denmark thread, sadly we have those type of people amongst our ranks

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Lambo on July 08, 2021, 04:47:46 PM
Quote from: Cumbrian White on July 08, 2021, 04:10:03 PM

You should see the comments on the England vs Denmark thread, sadly we have those type of people amongst our ranks
Why are you moaning about booing for crying out loud. As it happens there are people who think differently to you. Acting like the people that don't care about it are actually the ones that committed the alleged offence. I for one don't do booing of any type as I can't be bothered but it sure don't bother me either way. And no it does not mean I have no respect as I'm not committing the alleged offence myself. It just don't consume me thats all.

YankeeJim

Booing your opponents anthem is one thing but how would you like your own team, in effect, booing your own anthem? We have Olympians! BLOODY OLYMPIANS dressed in national colors disrespecting the nation, its anthem and its flag.
Disgusting.  :031:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

H4usuallysitting