watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jorge Mendes

Started by JoelH5, July 01, 2021, 11:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

As many of you will recall, Wolves drastically improved their squad, walked the Championship and are settled in the PL in part due to Nuno Santo's relationship with well known agent, George Mendes. Mr Silva also apparently has close ties to Mendes. Hate him or love him but that could really help bring some interesting players to the club.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

The Rock

Love Yacht Rock. Love Mendes. Bring it on.

Statto

We've had loose ties to Mendes for some time. TK mentioned him in an interview a while back and obviously Cavaleiro came through him.

WestSussexWhite

TK gets on well with Mendes too

Jims Dentist

Did Mendes pull TK's trousers down on the Cav deal though, given his alleged transfer fee and wages.

filham

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 10, 2021, 08:43:45 PM
Did Mendes pull TK's trousers down on the Cav deal though, given his alleged transfer fee and wages.
Surely no one can say we have benefited from the Cav, deal.

MartyFFC

Yeah as others have suggested, I'm not so sure Cavaleiro is a great example. Probably worth half the amount we paid, though I'm sure George will have trousered more than his fair share. Definitely not a bad thing though if he and Silva have a relationship. I would imagine TK is just someone Mendes views as an idiot whose trousers can be easily pulled down

Statto

Cavaleiro is a quality Championship winger if utilised quickly, worth £8-10m IMO.

Add on a loan fee because we couldn't afford to sign him up front, say £2m.

Reckon we paid about £15m so maybe a bit too much but far (in fact very bloody far) from our worst transfer... although admittedly the likes of Mitroglou, Seri and Jozabed are low benchmarks.