more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Come on England

Started by Fulham Tup North, July 11, 2021, 07:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on July 11, 2021, 10:11:34 PM
I dont care what happens now, but Southgate needs to go. His tactics are woeful, he doesn't have a clue. Sitting on a 1-0 lead for 88 minutes is never going to end well. Taking off our two best players on rice and trippier was the final nail for me. Shocking manager, here by luck.
:005:That's the Southgate who everyone's been saying has not made any mistakes in this tournament?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 11, 2021, 11:01:51 PM
I dont care what happens now, but Southgate needs to go. His tactics are woeful, he doesn't have a clue. Sitting on a 1-0 lead for 88 minutes is never going to end well. Taking off our two best players on rice and trippier was the final nail for me. Shocking manager, here by luck.
:005:That's the Southgate who everyone's been saying has not made any mistakes in this tournament?
He got to the final with poor tactics and luck. Literally some of the best young attacking players we've had in years, and he plays 5 defenders. Sack him now.

Oakeshott

"What on earth was Rashford thinking."

Probably about his future political career.

Southcoastffc

:dead horse:
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster link=t2194.msg1259698#msg1259698 date=1626041167
Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 11, 2021, 11:01:51 PM
He got to the final with poor tactics and luck. Literally some of the best young attacking players we've had in years, and he plays 5 defenders. Sack him now.
I think you might be  :dead horse:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Robbie

Dreadful. Five pens. Two saves. Lost. That must be a first.

ron

Quote from: Oakeshott on July 11, 2021, 11:07:38 PM
"What on earth was Rashford thinking."

Probably about his future political career.

...maybe a spot on "Strictly Come Dancing" judging by the fancy footwork....

grandad

So pleased I am not in the UK. It will be carnage from the so called England fans. Spare a thought for the emergency services & the A&E Departments. Thoughts also for the Council workers having to clear up the mess.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SP

England actually did better than I expected to get this far.  Need to continue learning the dark arts like Italy.

Lambo

we were poor, deserved absolutely nothing. Get rid of Southgate now. Mancini out thought him.

Sgt Fulham

Hope everyone complaining about us getting to the final is happy now. Always in the most gutting fashion. Fulham ot England, always the same.

cmg

Quote from: grandad on July 11, 2021, 11:01:04 PM
What on earth was Rashford thinking.

Trying to be cleverer than is justified by his skill.
He tried to do a Berbatov i.e take your eye off the ball (contrary to all received wisdom) to see where the keeper is going, then place your shot accordingly. Infallible if you are a genius. Berbatov was: Rashford isn't.

Another bloke trying to be too clever was Southgate - putting two new faces on just to take penalties was asking for trouble (unless they were LeTissier and Berbatov).

_Putney_

Quote from: grandad on July 11, 2021, 11:16:46 PM
So pleased I am not in the UK. It will be carnage from the so called England fans. Spare a thought for the emergency services & the A&E Departments. Thoughts also for the Council workers having to clear up the mess.

Spain is a loving dump

blingo

We did OK to get to the final, but Southgates tactically inept. Still I've won £1300 to soften the blow.

SP

Thank god we didn't lose to the French.

Pluto

Really poor to have 19 year old Saka and 20 year old Sancho take those high pressure penalties. Where were Sterling and Grealish? Can't understand the logic of keeping Sterling on the full 120 minutes with the tournament he's had, then not having him take one.

cookieg

Quote from: grandad on July 11, 2021, 11:01:04 PM
What on earth was Rashford thinking.

The keeper made a move which threw Rashford. Great mind games.

blingo

Unforgivable tactical errors that will affect those young players for a long time. They will probably give Southgate a Knighthood for it.

Beamer

I remember Mitro coming on late, not touching the ball and missing the penalty, this had that feel about it. Saka probably too scared to score in case Chielini assaulted him again.
Tactical naivety, 5 at the back worked for the goal and until Italy changed their shape and outnumbered us in midfield about half way through the first half. After that we just sat back and let them control the game.

Lighthouse

You  bring on two players at the end of the match even though it places a forward at full back and causes problems. But these are your two penalty takers. One misses while the other has his weak spot kick saved.

If we can only play 45 minutes. If we can only score two from five penalties. Then I guess we don't deserve to win.

But please lets not have the embarrassing ritual of having to put you experts penalty takers on at the last minute only for them to look nervous and take the two worst penalties.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Somerset Fulham

England get to a world cup semi final, followed by our first final in over 50 years and people want the manager sacked?

Blimey!