more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lovely to see AK back in the training photos

Started by perry geyton, July 13, 2021, 05:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 15, 2021, 09:16:33 AM
One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that, but AK pulled off a Berbatov-esque first touch in the home playoff win against Derby, which incidentally I thought was one of his best games for Fulham despite not scoring.

I genuinely remember that touch. It was amazing.

5mins later he miscontrolled a pass under his foot that went out for a throw. That 5 mins encapsulates Kamara in general for me. Capable of excellence but rarely reliable.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: simplyfulham on July 15, 2021, 12:49:20 PM
One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that, but AK pulled off a Berbatov-esque first touch in the home playoff win against Derby, which incidentally I thought was one of his best games for Fulham despite not scorin
5mins later he miscontrolled a pass under his foot that went out for a throw. That 5 mins encapsulates Kamara in general for me. Capable of excellence but rarely reliable.

So, you mentioned one excellent touch and one poor touch in 5 minutes.
That's 50% good and 50% bad.
So how can either of them be 'rarely'

Whatever, he's exciting and does get the crowd going.
If anyone remembers the wresting that used to be on TV 50 or so years ago.
Billy Two Rivers, Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Jackie Pallo, Catweazle etc
There was also Mick McManus who was hicknamed "The Man you Love to Hate"
Theis desciprion fits AK perfectly
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Craven Mad

AK played 870 mins last season (ie basically 10 full games) and provided 1 goal/0 assists to go alongside his 2 red cards during the same period.

I know that some people on here rate him, and he may well come good one day (which would be great), but other's criticism of him isn't simply a character assassination and, being a forum for discussion, attacks between members really isn't necessary...

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 14, 2021, 11:16:14 PM
If the manager rates him, then thats enough for me, but personally? I think he is rubbish.
How was your beans on toast today ? Have you ever considered  spicing em up with a splash of hot sauce ?
Be careful not to get any on your khakis y though,  it's a real bugger to get out...

perry geyton

One swallow doesn't make a summer and all that, but AK pulled off a Berbatov-esque first touch in the home playoff win against Derby, which incidentally I thought was one of his best games for Fulham despite not scoring.
Yep I remember that, I've seen some sublime touches from him all generally done at very high speeds, he gets criticized for his first touch but he's generally going so fast that people don't appreciate what quality he has
His performance when Mitro was injured versus QPR Godlike !

simplyfulham

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on July 15, 2021, 01:52:05 PM

So, you mentioned one excellent touch and one poor touch in 5 minutes.
That's 50% good and 50% bad.
So how can either of them be 'rarely'

Whatever, he's exciting and does get the crowd going.
If anyone remembers the wresting that used to be on TV 50 or so years ago.
Billy Two Rivers, Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks, Jackie Pallo, Catweazle etc
There was also Mick McManus who was hicknamed "The Man you Love to Hate"
Theis desciprion fits AK perfectly

In fairness I was talking about him being reliable.

If he's good half the time and crap half the time the he's neither reliably good and reliably bad. I know we've spoken enough about the incidents surrounding that penalty and it's little worth in bringing up again but he did miss the penalty which would point to him being unreliable.

Then there was that huge huge chance up at Wolves early last season which he didn't do very well with. It's just difficult because you're never really sure what you're going to get with him in the starting line up.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: perry geyton on July 15, 2021, 03:14:15 PM
If the manager rates him, then thats enough for me, but personally? I think he is rubbish.
How was your beans on toast today ? Have you ever considered  spicing em up with a splash of hot sauce ?
Be careful not to get any on your khakis y though,  it's a real bugger to get out...

Ah look, the Poundshop Adrian Durham seems to have a problem with me.

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 15, 2021, 05:55:51 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on July 15, 2021, 03:14:15 PM

Ah look, the Poundshop Adrian Durham seems to have a problem with me.
What's a poundshop ? And not at all, was just offering some advice to spice things up a little....
😘

Twig

Quote from: toshes mate on July 15, 2021, 08:15:07 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 15, 2021, 07:55:07 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on July 15, 2021, 06:12:48 AM
Quote from: Lordedmundo on July 14, 2021, 01:58:53 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on July 14, 2021, 11:59:50 AM
At a time when we may conclude from all the available evidence (and not just at FFC or in football alone) that a performer's ability can be positively influenced or negatively challenged by those who manage them, coach them, organise their working (and even personal) lives, formations, strategies, and individual component roles, it is strange to have a column that has, within it, so many pointless and baseless criticisms of such a performer. 

I wish AK all the very best for the new seasons and have no doubt that he'll do his level best to take his opportunities and chances.   He does not, in my opinion, deserve any detrimental comment at all.  We will never know just how good things may have been had Jokanovic not been sacked by FFC and he has no case to answer for what went wrong after is departure and neither do the players he left behind.

I've reviewed all the comments on here and don't see any 'pointless and baseless criticisms'. Some people rate him and some people don't. Most have elaborated why they have that particularly opinion.  If people can't express their opinion on here - then what is the point on this board?!  1500.gif

Nothing on here or even elsewhere elaborates upon anything that has ever been said about AK in the comments above - unless perhaps you have been away from civilsation for the past few years and so your comment says more about you than it does about me.  But at least between us we have helped to keep the forum going, huh, which is what discussions kinda depend upon ...

Whether the criticisms of AK are "pointless" is a matter of opinion. But this is a discussion forum so maybe most of what's on here is pointless?
Is it "baseless"? I'd say obviously not. For that to be the case it would have to be untrue and much of it has some element of truth to it. It may not be revelatory but baseless, no.
If you witness an incident then your recall contains one truth - an incident happened.  What you remember/recall of the incident depends upon you.   I remember AK travelling at speed and recovering a ball that was on its way over the goal line by sliding in, hooking his foot around the ball, standing up and crossing the ball into the six yard box - all in front of the Cottage and captured on TV for posterity.  Not bad for a guy with no first touch.

So on that basis nobody's memory of anything is reliable including your's. Sorry but I will stick to my memory of what I witnessed. He obviously has pace no one would disagree with that. He has shown some flashes of great technical ability too, but on the other hand I think most of us have witnessed examples of poor touch, lack of balance and bad decision making. To assess him you have to weigh the good with the bad and unlike some players it's a balance of some extremes. We all arrive at our own conclusions based on what we have seen and I'm not a big fan. What I won't do is deny the evidence of my eyes but nor will I decry the way others have interpreted what they have seen.

FFC In Oz

Put simply, he's just not very good.  He might pull out 1-2 good games a year, but that's nowhere near enough.

I would much rather see someone like Stansfield take his place or actually sign someone capable.

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on July 15, 2021, 06:12:55 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on July 15, 2021, 08:15:07 AM
Quote from: Twig on July 15, 2021, 07:55:07 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on July 15, 2021, 06:12:48 AM
Quote from: Lordedmundo on July 14, 2021, 01:58:53 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on July 14, 2021, 11:59:50 AM
At a time when we may conclude from all the available evidence (and not just at FFC or in football alone) that a performer's ability can be positively influenced or negatively challenged by those who manage them, coach them, organise their working (and even personal) lives, formations, strategies, and individual component roles, it is strange to have a column that has, within it, so many pointless and baseless criticisms of such a performer. 

I wish AK all the very best for the new seasons and have no doubt that he'll do his level best to take his opportunities and chances.   He does not, in my opinion, deserve any detrimental comment at all.  We will never know just how good things may have been had Jokanovic not been sacked by FFC and he has no case to answer for what went wrong after is departure and neither do the players he left behind.

I've reviewed all the comments on here and don't see any 'pointless and baseless criticisms'. Some people rate him and some people don't. Most have elaborated why they have that particularly opinion.  If people can't express their opinion on here - then what is the point on this board?!  1500.gif

Nothing on here or even elsewhere elaborates upon anything that has ever been said about AK in the comments above - unless perhaps you have been away from civilsation for the past few years and so your comment says more about you than it does about me.  But at least between us we have helped to keep the forum going, huh, which is what discussions kinda depend upon ...

Whether the criticisms of AK are "pointless" is a matter of opinion. But this is a discussion forum so maybe most of what's on here is pointless?
Is it "baseless"? I'd say obviously not. For that to be the case it would have to be untrue and much of it has some element of truth to it. It may not be revelatory but baseless, no.
If you witness an incident then your recall contains one truth - an incident happened.  What you remember/recall of the incident depends upon you.   I remember AK travelling at speed and recovering a ball that was on its way over the goal line by sliding in, hooking his foot around the ball, standing up and crossing the ball into the six yard box - all in front of the Cottage and captured on TV for posterity.  Not bad for a guy with no first touch.

So on that basis nobody's memory of anything is reliable including your's. Sorry but I will stick to my memory of what I witnessed. He obviously has pace no one would disagree with that. He has shown some flashes of great technical ability too, but on the other hand I think most of us have witnessed examples of poor touch, lack of balance and bad decision making. To assess him you have to weigh the good with the bad and unlike some players it's a balance of some extremes. We all arrive at our own conclusions based on what we have seen and I'm not a big fan. What I won't do is deny the evidence of my eyes but nor will I decry the way others have interpreted what they have seen.

I never asked you to do anything.  I never asked you to justify your reasoning.  My memory is as faulty as anyone else of my age but as long as there is an AK in the Fulham side there will be threads like this one and it speaks for itself. 

Mr White

Quote from: perry geyton on July 13, 2021, 05:18:25 PM
15 goal season incoming
Show em what you've got son...

Sorry perry
   He's got nothing show, we can do a lot better.

RaySmith

Every player has faults.

The manager has to decide on the overall impact of a player , in relaltion to who else is available

For me, kamara has shown that he can play a role for Fulham in the Championship.
I like his aggression, which he has to keep in check so that he doesn't get a red obviously, and physicality, allied with his pace, and skill too, even if he makes error at times.

He has qualities other players  don't have.