Previous topic - Next topic

Lyle from Hangeland

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dodgin

A game to look at again, watching free flowing football, great to see

MikeTheCubed

We will go 45 unbeaten and then lose on the last game of the season to Slav.

Mr White

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 19, 2021, 09:27:56 AM
Quote from: 70sPimlico on July 18, 2021, 10:10:11 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 18, 2021, 10:00:55 AM
Personally I don't think we will be promoted. With our poor finances (thanks TK) we probably can't sign players that will strengthen the squad without selling. With the possible exception of Mitro we will probably have to sell our most valuable players at a loss (thanks again TK) or send them out on loan and weaken the squad in the process. Add a couple of injury prone CBs and I think we may realistically end up anywhere between 4th to 12th.

On the positive side I think our squad is too strong to be relegated. My biggest fear is that we completely mess up the transfer window by selling our best players without replacing them or get a slow start because we wait for deadline day bargains and emergency loans. If this happens we may find ourselves near the relegation zone at some point. I still don't think we will actually be relegated though. But we can't afford our usual slow start to the season if we're aiming for automatic promotion.

Still, all of this is pure speculation until the transfer window closes and also until we've seen how Silva adapts to the Championship. Let's hope he doesn't do a Magath and underestimate the quality of the Championship.

I know this may all sound a bit negative and I hope I'm wrong of course! But all this talk about going unbeaten and 100+ points is pure fantasy IMO.

There is a FFC veteran on here called Dave. Someone needs to wake him up as this guy is trying to take his place as the most depressing poster alive at this moment.

:005: I know I may sound negative but I'm actually looking very much forward to this season. Much more so than last season which I knew would be a disaster (that's called being REALISTIC by the way, not negative/depressing. etc.). I prefer to keep my expectation at a realistic level. Being positive and posting nonsense about going undefeated and getting 100+ points won't make the team any better.

But like I said, it's all speculation until the transfer window closes and we've seen how Silva adapts to the Championship.

Your not REALISTIC from the debunked cottage corner are you ? you sure sound like him.

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Jules

I knew we were getting carried away with ourselves. This is the championship! It's a long hard season. Manager of the month cursed us and the international break shafted our players fitness and momentum. Hey ho, we've lost now, dust ourselves off and get firing again

Lyle from Hangeland

Deeping_white

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 11, 2021, 06:09:18 PM
HMS Piss the League has sunk.

Thank f@ck.

I don't get the vitriol toward people saying this, it's clearly a joke about us being top of the league, and if we go and win our next 2/3 games and we're top again people are going to be saying it again?

Somerset Fulham

It's childish, embarrassing and more than that, its down right arrogant and you have earn the right to be arrogant.

We've not done that yet.

Lyle from Hangeland

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 11, 2021, 06:34:20 PM
It's childish, embarrassing and more than that, its down right arrogant and you have earn the right to be arrogant.

We've not done that yet.

If you read the first thread there is absolutely no arrogance whatsoever. It's a simple, fun prediction where I even soften the prediction by using words like probably and near invincible. You people are too serious, don't know how to have fun, and do not use your brains.