The mad myth of Mason Mount

Started by Nick Bateman, July 18, 2021, 04:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: fulhamross on July 19, 2021, 09:53:02 AM
Why is this forum obsessed with Mason Mount? Very odd
Totally agree with this

Somerset Fulham

I don't think that it is, it's mostly just one poster.  Which I also think is a bit strange.

Finlay88

To be honest I agree. He is in the team for his work rate only and when we already have Rice and Philips in the team for similar attributes, then he literally adds nothing.

Bassey the warrior

He didn't have a great tournament by his high standards, great player usually.

HillingdonFFC

He turn ya down for an autograph or something?

perry geyton

He did get a lot of game time

Southgate quite clearly just wants to Mount him

Dodgin

Sensational Mason Mount says BBC pundit.

Twig

Ruislip White

Quote from: Nick Bateman on July 19, 2021, 12:14:34 AM
Quote from: Hugh Gentry on July 18, 2021, 09:17:22 PM
Why would you care? How does it affect FFC this comng season? are  you at all interested in FFC being successful? what do you think about OUR players, OUR team, THIS league?

When you were in diapers I've cared about Fulham and been through all the trials and tribulations (not many albeit) of our club. I happen to have a view that Abramovich influenced the FA/refs to give Fulham the worst refereeing in last season's EPL. So Chelsea has made an enemy of me.

Regarding this topic, were you the only person not engrossed in the national team? The tournament gripped the nation and was gracefully attended by royals including young Prince George who cheered our early goal V Italy like any football supporter up and down the country. It was a wondrous sight and I think he will be a great royal for the future. I feel sick about gifting the deshevelled Iti's Southgate's fear of losing especially in the first half. As I stated, even Mount's biggest fan Frank Lampard suggested he be taken off on the BBC coverage.

So, I have still not gotten over that tournament, that I followed a wall chart, tracking each game, observing each result and how it improved England's chances, checking the venues where we would play, same as many, many England fans who love their flag and their country. My critique of Mason Mount is not personal but circumstantial. He was the worst player on the pitch for whatever million excuses are afforded to him, yet never subbed in 90 minutes despite England calling for a change from our MOST talented bench according to most pundits. It does appear he was given preferential treatment and that was weakness from Southgate which ultimately cost England our first trophy in 55 years!
I happen to have a view that Abramovich influenced the FA/refs to give Fulham the worst refereeing in last season's EPL. So Chelsea has made an enemy of me.

How did you establish that?  Abrahamovich (and most Chelsea fans) couldn't care less about us.  We're irrelevant to them.  Of all the things a Russian billionaire could spend his time and energy on, I can't imagine influencing referees to stitch up Fulham would be one.