watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where does Bobby Reid fit in ?

Started by Riversider, July 25, 2021, 01:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

With 46 games there'll likely be plenty of opportunity for all 4 forwards and the midfielders listed as such on the club web site (Mitro, AK, BDR, Cav as forwards, midfield Wilson, TC, Kebano, Seri,  Anguissa, Knockaert, Reed, Onomah, Carvalho)   Take out at least a couple of names - Seri? Anguissa? - assume a few injuries and it's not hard IMO to imagine BDR playing a meaningful role this season, even without considering wing back..
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Somerset Fulham

I mean, the guy is streets ahead of Kamara in every single possible way aside from a bit of pace.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 25, 2021, 06:33:17 PM
I mean, the guy is streets ahead of Kamara in every single possible way aside from a bit of pace.

Agreed.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bobby line up forward and not at wing back like he was all of last season ...

Finnans Right Peg

Has to play a free role beside Mitro

filham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 25, 2021, 06:23:29 PM
Didn't BDR also play as a wing back last season?

He's a good player, especially at this level and will be in the side.
Yes he had a few good games as a wing back and demonstrated his versatility as well as his willingness to fight for the team in any role he was given. Regret to say however that he also showed over a number of games that he is no goal poacher.

Somerset Fulham

Agree that he absolutely isn't a poacher but I also think that he is one player who can take a huge amount of confidence from the way he performed last season. He's a good footballer.

We Are Premier League

Mitro
       Cav    Reid   Wilson
         Cairney Reed
Bryan Tosin  Mawson Tete
                   GK

Neutral Zone Ultra

As a sub to bring on for Mitro, or to start up front if Mitro is injured or more likely suspended. As others have mentioned if Cav is poor then he could play on the wings but I really don't want to see the return to his wing back role again.

love4ffc

BDR started tonight in the Gold Cup quarter finals for Jamaica against the United States as the number 10.  This was BDR's only second match in the gold cup as he had tested positive for covid.  He played very well and looked extremely lively for the entire match.  Really looking forward to seeing him next season.  Jamaica lost 1v0. 

On a side note, Hector was once again riding the pine and was an unused sub. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

AnOldBrownie

I thought BDR had a good 15 minutes tonight...but most of Jamaica's first half attacks were from long balls.   I thought as the game went on he became less and less impactful.

And I swear he's got to be the slowest player on the Jamaican side.  Looking forward to him coming back though, because I think he can contribute for us this season.

I wonder if he'll have to self isolate for a bit when he gets back to London.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I cant see Cairney getting regular playing time to be honest. To long out the first team.