watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Sign Wilson and Gazzaniga

Started by colham, July 24, 2021, 10:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Is Gazzaniga our first Argentina international?

Unlike most of my fellow countrypersons I am a fan of Argentina, the Psychopath's Brazil.

sarnian

Quote from: Penfold on July 25, 2021, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on July 25, 2021, 02:06:16 PM
Some suggestions on Twitter by journalists that the Wilson deal is actually an initial loan.

The claim is a loan which converts to a permanent deal on 1 July 2022. Defers the transfer fee until the next accounting year.

Makes perfect sense and both clubs seem happy with the deal.

Snibbo

Quote from: KingofCheese on July 25, 2021, 01:00:16 AM
Harold Wilson was prime minister not Harry Wilson.

"'arry Wilson" to his mates

HamsterWheel

Two really decent signings that will be the envy of most teams in the league.
Hope they don't read here though as majority of posts seem to be harping on about the deals being late, rather than welcoming them.

cmg

Quote from: HamsterWheel on July 25, 2021, 02:56:25 PM
....majority of posts seem to be harping on about the deals being late, rather than welcoming them.

Really?
Or do you mean, there was one posting about the deals being late followed by a number scornful of this notion?

Twig

Quote from: cmg on July 25, 2021, 03:08:35 PM
....majority of posts seem to be harping on about the deals being late, rather than welcoming them.

Really?
Or do you mean, there was one posting about the deals being late followed by a number scornful of this notion?

Precisely. And a warm welcome to FFC to our two newest additions.

bobby01

Quote from: cmg on July 25, 2021, 03:08:35 PM

Really?

The deal being late post was just yet another post trying to build up to have a dig at TK. Predictable.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

For me, Betts is a better keeper than gazzaniga, so not sure why we swapped one for the other. I also worry about rodak getting in the side now. Gazzaniga is definitely seen as no 1. Seems unfair but hey ho.

Deeping_white

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on July 25, 2021, 05:15:12 PM
For me, Betts is a better keeper than gazzaniga, so not sure why we swapped one for the other. I also worry about rodak getting in the side now. Gazzaniga is definitely seen as no 1. Seems unfair but hey ho.

Betts was statistically one of the worst keepers in the championship last season and he was on £30k a week, short of paying him a third of that there's no point keeping him because he's just not good enough for us, and Gazzaniga is 100% better than him

Finnans Right Peg

Betts didn't  want to sign a new contract, so what choice do you have

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 25, 2021, 05:59:07 PM

Betts was statistically one of the worst keepers in the championship last season and he was on £30k a week, short of paying him a third of that there's no point keeping him because he's just not good enough for us, and Gazzaniga is 100% better than him

+1

Betts isn't the same keeper he was several seasons ago unfortunately.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Gazzaniga held his own in the Spurs goal when Lloris was out including in UCL games if I recall, whereas Betts was deemed not good enough at Boro. Factor in Betts' wages plus he wanted to move on and it's a no brainer really. Shame, as Betts was a good keeper for a while and served us well, but this is a good move for all parties. Apart from maybe Rodak.

Tabby

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on July 25, 2021, 11:47:56 PM
Gazzaniga held his own in the Spurs goal when Lloris was out including in UCL games if I recall, whereas Betts was deemed not good enough at Boro. Factor in Betts' wages plus he wanted to move on and it's a no brainer really. Shame, as Betts was a good keeper for a while and served us well, but this is a good move for all parties. Apart from maybe Rodak.

Looking at Silva's resume, he seemed pretty willing to rotate keepers during his time at Watford and Hull. Think this might be a similar situation with Gazzaniga and Rodak.