watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Get's my Goat

Started by blingo, July 22, 2021, 10:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

WHY is it now called EFL EPL????? It's the Football League and the Premiership. There are Welsh teams in there too. So annoying. Do they think we don't know we are British????

Woolly Mammoth

I am English first English second and English last.
It is an English League in England with English clubs, the Welsh are guests. British has nothing to do with it.ย 
Also it is not Premiership that is Rugby it is Premier League.
The E in EPL and EFL stands for English because it is an English League.
The Welsh and Scots have their Leagues we have our English League.
British has nothing to do with the English league in the same way it has nothing to do with the other leagues.
We are an English League and let's hope it stays that way, as it goes all the way down the English football pyramid.

This Goat of yours is it an escaped Goat or Scapegoat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.ย  ๐Ÿ˜

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2021, 10:53:18 AM
It is an English League in England with English clubs, the Welsh are guests. British has nothing to do with it.ย 
British has nothing to do with the English league in the same way it has nothing to do with the other leagues.
We are an English League and let's hope it stays that way, as it goes all the way down the English football pyramid.

You are certainly no more English than me, or many on here. However, we never had the need to state it was English, because that was a given. It's like it's been made an International recognition.

As for the Goat, it's penned next to the sheep which can get confusing at night.

So glad to hear you're English, but whether you like it or not Mr Woolly, you are also British. If you don't believe me look at the cover of your passport. :54:

How many Weetabix did you have this morning?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on July 22, 2021, 11:00:58 AM

You are certainly no more English than me, or many on here. However, we never had the need to state it was English, because that was a given. It's like it's been made an International recognition.

As for the Goat, it's penned next to the sheep which can get confusing at night.

So glad to hear you're English, but whether you like it or not Mr Woolly, you are also British. If you don't believe me look at the cover of your passport. :54:

The English League states it is English in the same way the other Leagues state their nationality's what is wrong with that.
There is no British football team unless you include the Olympics and their all English, because the others don't want to play on our side so what does that tell you, they are the enemy within the Trojan Horse.
So please do not mention British and football in same sentence.
I have a British passport but I am English, British means I could be anybody, and I am not I am English. The Cross of St George goes threw me like a stick of Rock, it is not even a United Kingdom.
I was born in England live in England work in England die in England and will be buried in a bone yard in England..
Always remember your roots. ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ

Mammoths eat leaves and Foliage and the occasional chelsea supporters, weetabix is for the under nourished.

Never forget your Roots.

SG

To me it is still Divisions 1, 2, 3 and 4 !

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2021, 11:27:25 AM

The English League states it is English in the same way the other Leagues state their nationality's what is wrong with that.
There is no British football team unless you include the Olympics and their all English, because the others don't want to play on our side so what does that tell you, they are the enemy within the Trojan Horse.
I have a British passport but I am English, British means I could be anybody, and I am not I am English. The Cross of St George goes threw me like a stick of Rock, it is not even a United Kingdom.
I was born in England live in England work in England die in England and will be buried in a bone yard in England..

Mammoths eat leaves and Foliage and the occasional chelsea supporters, weetabix is for the under nourished.

St George was born in Turkey to Greek parents!!!! Not very English Mr Woolly.
You say don't mention British and football and yet we have the British Lions in Rugby, so why not have the same in football?
However much you don't like it, you come under the umbrella of being British.
I take it you have researched your family tree and there is no other nationality is in your bloodline. Whether we like it or not we are all a mix of nationalities.
You never go abroad for holidays because you are so English you don't like foreign ways? Is that because they don't serve Chelsea supporters fried with chips and Heinz Tomato Ketchup??? lol You do make me laugh Mr Woolly. 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on July 22, 2021, 11:56:01 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 22, 2021, 11:27:25 AM

St George was born in Turkey to Greek parents!!!! Not very English Mr Woolly.
You say don't mention British and football and yet we have the British Lions in Rugby, so why not have the same in football?
However much you don't like it, you come under the umbrella of being British.
I take it you have researched your family tree and there is no other nationality is in your bloodline. Whether we like it or not we are all a mix of nationalities.
You never go abroad for holidays because you are so English you don't like foreign ways? Is that because they don't serve Chelsea supporters fried with chips and Heinz Tomato Ketchup??? lol You do make me laugh Mr Woolly. 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

As I am the oldest person on the planet I do not need a history lesson. I was a Crusader, preach to the Welsh and Scots but not to me. Never try and put words in my mouth. Rugby is not what we are talking about. It is English Football.
My favourite holiday destination is Sardinia, I have been all over the world during my employment, and I have made love to all their women and drunk their beer.
My eating habits are between myself and my stomach. I looked up my family tree and found out I was the Sap.
There were two trees next to each other in a forest, and the first tree said to the second tree, " you are the son of a Beech", and the second tree replied " and you are the son of a Birch "
As for making you laugh, I always wanted to be a stand up comedian but I just couldn't stand up.
Keep me English to my dying day

Never forget your Roots.

Nero

Well ots not the Premiership thats rugby it the premier league if you're going to get on your high horse at least be correct ๐Ÿ˜œ

ALG01

Quote from: SG on July 22, 2021, 11:39:28 AM

Exactly.

All the re-branding does not change what it should be and should have remained.
I do understand that the prem is not really the same management but division one had so much more resonance and authority than the PR fest that is the prem.

Fernhurst

I'm with Blingo...... British, British, British.
Union Jack draped over my coffin not the George Cross.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ALG01 on July 22, 2021, 12:30:18 PM

Exactly.

All the re-branding does not change what it should be and should have remained.
I do understand that the prem is not really the same management but division one had so much more resonance and authority than the PR fest that is the prem.

Wise words

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 22, 2021, 12:43:48 PM
I'm with Blingo...... British, British, British.
Union Jack draped over my coffin not the George Cross.

That is your funeral. Whatever floats your boat, but it is an English Football League that is the point.

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

Agreed - and all the better for it.ย  Rebranding has a lot to answer for.ย  ย And the EPL, EFL etc - how many 'E' players play in it?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

H4usuallysitting

As I haven't got a clue what this thread is about, I feel perfectly placed to make a definitive professional statement....As a read historian, Custer didn't fight the Germans for nothing, and another thing - In the battle of Waterloo, we fought that old enemy the Vietnamese until we were victorious......

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nero on July 22, 2021, 12:24:02 PM
Well ots not the Premiership thats rugby it the premier league if you're going to get on your high horse at least be correct ๐Ÿ˜œ

That was one of my points. It is the English Premier League not the Premiership.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on July 22, 2021, 01:02:44 PM
As I haven't got a clue what this thread is about, I feel perfectly placed to make a definitive professional statement....As a read historian, Custer didn't fight the Germans for nothing, and another thing - In the battle of Waterloo, we fought that old enemy the Vietnamese until we were victorious......

So who invented the wheel.

Never forget your Roots.

jarv

my only dislike is the "championship"...ย  I always call it the SECOND division. (also third and fourth division).

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: jarv on July 22, 2021, 01:14:30 PM
my only dislike is the "championship"...ย  I always call it the SECOND division. (also third and fourth division).

Same here

Never forget your Roots.

MartyFFC

It's a global 'product', and ultimately it is an English league. Wales have their own league from which they can qualify for Europe etc. Cardiff, Swansea, Newport and Wrexham are simply guests. Similarly Berwick play in the Scottish league as guests, meaning the Scottish league is also technically a 'British' league.....

Bill2

Let's not forget we have Welsh teams in the English Leagues, can someone explain that.?Also Berwick in England plays in the Scottish League.