watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It was once said

Started by Andy S, July 22, 2021, 12:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

That you were statistically more likely to change your wife than your football team. Have you supported any other club than the black & whites 

gang

Can I just change my wife?

blingo

I have NEVER supported any other team and NEVER will.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: blingo on July 22, 2021, 12:22:03 PM

I'm the same. Never supported anyone else before and would never change.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

finknottle

I used to support Spurs as a kid and went to approx 5 games a season with my dad. Turned 18 and couldn't afford to go to as many games as I wanted and didn't have any friends who supported them and then a friend invited me to Fulham v Reading in 1994. Julian Hails scored the winner in a 1-0 win and I was hooked, going to all the remaining home games and a couple of aways (Brentford and Swansea). Despite getting relegated that season I had caught the Fulham bug and carried on going to all the games. You certainly cant accuse me of gloryhunting!

Somerset Fulham

Yep.

Was bought up a Spurs fan and was taken to the Fulham vs Spurs cup game at the cottage in 84 for my birthday.  Started in the Spurs side of the Hammersmith End (even today, I think that's odd) with my Dad, but asked him at half time if I could go across to the Fulham side where my Uncle was.

And that was that.  Dad still talks about it with an element of sadness in his voice.

ianthailand

As stated before, was given a Charles Buchan Football Annual and Roy Bentley featured scoring a hattrick for England v Wales (3-2). Bentley was captain of Chelsea but luckily, in 1956 he transferred to Fulham. First game FFC 1 Blackpool 0. Bentley was in the stand and my father went and spoke with him. Best player i've seen play for Fulham - Allan Clarke.

Woolly Mammoth

Never love your club as it will never love you back.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham33

Went to Palace for a season when we went 1-2-3 and Palace went 2 to 1 would have been 69-70. Back to Fulham 70-1 and there ever since. I was only 14.
PS changed the wife twice!

Bill2

I would definitely not tolerate the sort of treatment Fulham have provided from my wife. She treats me far better than Fulham ever will. I suppose it is down to the fact the Club can diaspppint you and you will still support them as most people will never go anywhere else.

bobbo

no , only my local club who i used play for in the 70's.

i used to go to chelsea some weeks with my dad he supported them but its always been FULHAM
1975 just leaving home full of hope

WhiteJC

I used to live near Sutton Utd and still keep an eye out for how their doing, is that classed as supporting them?

bencher

My dad is a lifelong Fulham fan but all my friends at primary school were Arsenal fans and I thought I was too as a kid. My dad did take me to Fulham games but I also made him take me to a few Arsenal games. It didn't seem to matter because we were 3 divisions apart. I saw the light when I was about 13 during the Mickey Adams promotion and although I still have a soft spot for Arsenal (apart from when we play them) I've never looked back. To give my dad credit, he never tried to force me to go home to Fulham, he just let me figure it out myself.

Cambridge Pete

Never changed either and have no desire to. Like some other clubs for various reasons e.g. Brighton (Had a great time at Brighton Poly met my future wife and worked locally for a number of years). Norwich as it's my wife's local city. H Berlin. Worked there and remember the masked man's og. Steyning as loved living there. Worthing as a good mate played for them. That's about it

filham

The Fulham/Chelsea decision had to be made at school where there was a 50/50 split. Never heard of anyone from school ever changing the commitment.

bobby01

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

SG

Quote from: bobby01 on July 22, 2021, 03:00:13 PM

:plus one:

Same for me. Father, brother, sons, nephews and now grandsons and granddaughters - only one team for us.👍

RaySmith

Did support, then 4th Divsion, Palace for a time, because my parents did, and even had a rattle painted black and white, with optional claret and blue ribbons, and , after my first visit to Craven Cottage, went to both teams home games, but that didn't last, and Fulham soon won out .

HV71

Born and bred in North Nottinghamshire and supported Mansfield Town , like my Dad and my Grandad. I followed in the family tradition ( but didn't go down the mine) . Circumstances, and a real respect for Fulham FC  made me change . So now I follow the Whites and so does my son

Fulham 442

Quote from: Andy S on July 22, 2021, 12:15:34 PM
That you were statistically more likely to change your wife than your football team. Have you supported any other club than the black & whites 
I think there is an Italian saying that there are two things in life you can't change, your mother or your football team!
As to the question I have never supported any other team.  Born in Fulham I was taken to the Cottage as a child by my Fulham supporting father and it never occurred to me to support anyone else.  Mum's family are all Chelsea but Mum didn't like football so thankfully no conflict!