watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It was once said

Started by Andy S, July 22, 2021, 12:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf

My view is that it is entirely acceptable, I'd venture even preferable, for match attending fans to switch clubs after relocating a substantial distance. Personally I get vexed at, for example, a London-based Plymouth Argyle fan travelling to Plymouth (or Scunthorpe etc) to watch Plymouth. They should be watching a London-based team. One that plays in black and white.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Willham

So supported could be a loose term, I support fulham but I do have a likeing for some other clubs, braintree town (because of the name) hull city (as my dad supports them and I live there) everton (I like to see them do well, a lot of my uncles support them) and lastly leamington (a lot of my family are from leamington)

While I dont care about the others I do check to see their final league position and smile of they've done well so you could say i support them but it would be a loose term.

Holders

That's definitely true. I've never changed my team once let alone three times.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Asotosyios

I used to support Olympiakos in Greece. Then I moved to London, watched a 2-1 win against Manchester City at Craven Cottage in October 2005 and the rest is history.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

fulhamtom

Used to support Chrlsea as a child but watched Staines Town. My dad took me to Fulham v Palace in April 1974 and I've been true ever since. As I worked shifts I have been to Sutton and Corinthian Casuals every so often.

davew

On my 3rd wife, but only supported 1 team, says a lot about how easy it is to support FFC.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Barrett487

You can support more than one team, as long as they don't play each other !

I went to Wealdstone matches in the 80s/90s and was privileged enough to see Stuart Pearce play as an amateur and Brian Greenaway (who was one of the triumphant double team of 86). I also had the indifference of another 'Stone', namely Vinnie Jones, who played like a wet blanket if he was lucky enough to come on as sub.

cookieg

I had a brief flirt with Palace in the early 80s but that was it.

Twig

AshfordFFC

Left the army in 1990 and whilst predominantly my regiment (2 RTR) were london and home counties based (a lot of west ham fans !!) i watched and played football but did not support anyone, as i always felt that to support someone, you had to go and watch them and I hate fake fans as such.   Always watched on TV and played football locally but never bothered with support, and fast forward to 1998 during the WC at the time and met some guys who were fulham born and bred..... they invited me to a game as they frequently went, and been a fan since, through the lesser bad times compared to the dark days and better good times (EUROPA and promotions), frequently went to home games and the odd away match and hopefully will be at more in the future....... so the only team I have supported   COYW !...................... and still on the same wife after 32 years (which is why i left the army  :012:)

grandad

Have supported only Fulham for thelast 67 years. All due to a wall. When I was 9 my dad took me to my 1st football match at the other team in Fulham. I was quite small & even at the front I could not see a thing as they had a wall at the front. My dad then took me to the Cottage where they had railings which I could look through. Thank God for that wall.
I would never contemplate supporting any other team. Fulham till I die & even then I will be looking down on the lads. I have asked that my ashes be cast into the Thames from the new walkway behind the New Stand so they can pass back & forth.
Where there's a will there's a wife

cottage expat

Supported Wimbledon for a couple of years as a nipper (it was then in the Isthmian League), switched to Fulham in 1963 and never looked back.

Whitestone

Quote from: Barrett487 on July 23, 2021, 12:13:20 AM
You can support more than one team, as long as they don't play each other !

I went to Wealdstone matches in the 80s/90s and was privileged enough to see Stuart Pearce play as an amateur and Brian Greenaway (who was one of the triumphant double team of 86). I also had the indifference of another 'Stone', namely Vinnie Jones, who played like a wet blanket if he was lucky enough to come on as sub.

Once a Stone always a Stone. I was a regular at Lower Mead back in the day. You're right about Vinnie, hardly got a look in before a surprise £25,000 move to Wimbledon. The rest is history. No problem supporting your local non league team. In fact I think it should be encouraged.

Rupert

I could never change my club after fifty plus seasons, nor my wife after eight years.

Changing Fulham would kill me and changing Mrs Rupert would make her kill me.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

ron

Third generation, me. My fate was sealed in season 1906/7.

Fernhurst

Similarly Ron, My Dads first game was 1909 so no chance of being anything other.
FFC live in my heart on a daily basis and I love it.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

After all those defeats and lack of goals last season my wife did say to me that surely I would be happier supporting Chelsea.
A prime example of my wife not understanding me.