watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Development

Started by Andy S, July 23, 2021, 01:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

After the riverside development is completed our ground capacity will be 29,600. What should be the next project to lift the capacity past 30,000. I would like to see the Putney end developed which would include new dressing room area and make it the home end to make it more intimidating for the away side when the players enter the pitch. I would make the stand two tier increasing the capacity to 34,000. Any other ideas?

jayffc

Nice as it is to see the river

Ive ways felt filling in the 3 corners (obviously bar the cottage corner) would be a good idea

You could sit more people and it would enclose the sound much more which would help with atmosphere as the open corners mean the sound leaks out

Jamie88

Quote from: jayffc on July 23, 2021, 01:29:03 AM
Nice as it is to see the river

Ive ways felt filling in the 3 corners (obviously bar the cottage corner) would be a good idea

You could sit more people and it would enclose the sound much more which would help with atmosphere as the open corners mean the sound leaks out

Whilst I agree that it would help with the sound, I wouldn't like to fill the corners in as it would take away part of what makes the ground what it is. The more we 'modernize' the stadium, I think it takes away its historical and unique feel.

filham

After the huge expenditure on the new stand I would think the chairman may want to have a financial break and to see the ground full before sinking more money into development.