watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any injuries?

Started by We Are Premier League, July 22, 2021, 04:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Does anyone know if all the long term injuries are back in training? I think they are but it's hard to tell from the picture on the offal.

Kongolo?
Mawson?
Cairney?
Fossey?
Stansfield?

filham

We are getting close to the first match. It will be unusual if we start without a couple of injuries.

WestSussexWhite

Only one not quite back yet is Kongolo. I believe the plan is for him to be fit enough to play a part in matches at the latter part of August

gang

Don't forget to add in any newcomers.

perry geyton

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 22, 2021, 04:28:52 PM
Only one not quite back yet is Kongolo. I believe the plan is for him to be fit enough to play a part in matches at the latter part of August
Kongolo injured ?
Nah never

WestSussexWhite

Fulham won't announce injuries anyway

davew

This year or 2022?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jamie88

I thought I saw Mawson in the background of the last picture in the Millwall match on the offal

SP

Quote from: gang on July 22, 2021, 05:31:26 PM
Don't forget to add in any newcomers.

Sadly, your are absolutely spot on.   :plus one:

Twig

Mawson will have to bend down to tie his laces soon.

The Rational Fan

Any Medical expert would tell you that the longer Kongolo trains without playing the greater his chance to not get injuried.

Besides as long as Tosin, Mawson and Hector are all fit no point risking Kongolo. I am sure we will need Kongolo by Christmas (Mawson will be injuried by then), or wherever Tosin needs a rotation out of the starting XI.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 23, 2021, 02:37:06 AM

Any Medical expert would tell you that the longer Kongolo trains without playing the greater his chance to not get injuried.

Besides as long as Tosin, Mawson and Hector are all fit no point risking Kongolo. I am sure we will need Kongolo by Christmas (Mawson will be injuried by then), or wherever Tosin needs a rotation out of the starting XI.

Some players get injured laying in bed, they are just sick notes. There is no smoke without fire said the arsonist to the fireman.
If the likes of Kongolo go through a whole season without missing a game through injury. I promise I shall do 100 press ups on a Zebra Crossing in Oxford Street just wearing a Top Hat and a Jock Strap
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 23, 2021, 05:06:14 AM

Some players get injured laying in bed, they are just sick notes. There is no smoke without fire said the arsonist to the fireman. If the likes of Kongolo go through a whole season without missing a game through injury. I promise I shall do 100 press ups on a Zebra Crossing in Oxford Street just wearing a Top Hat and a Jock Strap

You are right Kongolo won't go the whole season without an injury, but if he is fit when Tosin and/or Hector are injuried, and available for a few of the biggest games (including WBA on 31st October, both Bournemouth games, Sheffield United and Playoff games), then he will be worth keeping.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 23, 2021, 06:44:14 AM

Some players get injured laying in bed, they are just sick notes. There is no smoke without fire said the arsonist to the fireman. If the likes of Kongolo go through a whole season without missing a game through injury. I promise I shall do 100 press ups on a Zebra Crossing in Oxford Street just wearing a Top Hat and a Jock Strap

You are right Kongolo won't go the whole season without an injury, but if he is fit when Tosin and/or Hector are injuried, and available for a few of the biggest games (including WBA on 31st October, both Bournemouth games, Sheffield United and Playoff games), then he will be worth keeping.

Then it is safe to put my Top Hat away.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bencher

Kongolo, the poor lad, has virtually turned into a meme since signing because we've seen so little of him. But the boy can play. I hate the "it would be like a new signing" thing, but in his case, it actually would. If we could get 30 plus games out of him this season and he plays to his ability, we should be solid enough and the coaching can worry mostly about teaching the other players how to pass the ball forwards / score goals.

filham

I wonder if injuries are included in all theses stats that TK uses and if so then why do we ever sign sicknotes.

Fulham 442

Quote from: bencher on July 23, 2021, 09:04:10 AM
Kongolo, the poor lad, has virtually turned into a meme since signing because we've seen so little of him. But the boy can play. I hate the "it would be like a new signing" thing, but in his case, it actually would. If we could get 30 plus games out of him this season and he plays to his ability, we should be solid enough and the coaching can worry mostly about teaching the other players how to pass the ball forwards / score goals.
I know, such a shame, when he has been fit and played he has been brilliant.  It would be great if he could overcome his problems but sadly I don't think he will and an early retirement beckons....

WindyCity

Some players get injured laying in bed, they are just sick notes. There is no smoke without fire said the arsonist to the fireman.
If the likes of Kongolo go through a whole season without missing a game through injury. I promise I shall do 100 press ups on a Zebra Crossing in Oxford Street just wearing a Top Hat and a Jock Strap

Haha Wool.  Funny stuff.  I see a future in stand-up for you?

WestSussexWhite

Reed is apparently still recovering from his end of season injury