watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steff Jo to QPHa (now official)

Started by Riversider, July 23, 2021, 02:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Transfer fee being widely reported by West London journos as £600k, for that amount of money I would have kept him for his final year, seems a great deal for them, we're looking at paying Swansea City £4 million for Matt Grimes and yet Johansen is an international class player,
I like Steff Jo and its good for him that he's going to somewhere that he's loved, but c'mon we could surely have got more money than £600k

Blawarmy

Quote from: Riversider on July 23, 2021, 02:23:27 PM
Transfer fee being widely reported by West London journos as £600k, for that amount of money I would have kept him for his final year, seems a great deal for them, we're looking at paying Swansea City £4 million for Matt Grimes and yet Johansen is an international class player,
I like Steff Jo and its good for him that he's going to somewhere that he's loved, but c'mon we could surely have got more money than £600k
Remember when they sold us Lee Cook for over £3 million (0 appearances) and we sold him back for £1 million the next year. They know how to pull our pants down.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Less than a year to run on his contract so I guess Fulham just decided a nominal fee was better than nothing. I'd value higher than that too.

Twig

Just not worth letting a very good player leave for this sort of money. I would rather have used him this season, if not as a starter then certainly well worth a place on our bench.

Deeping_white

Well he's retired so he's not really international class is he, and Grimes is younger with a higher ability ceiling so obviously he's going to cost more

PaulJ123

Likely he wants to leave for first team football more regularly and he did well there last season so can't hold and grudges for him wanting to go.

Better we get something for him.

bobby01

Tbh I think we have had more than our monies worth. I for one wish him only the best.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Chutney

Other way of looking at it is we got them to pay £600k for a player they could have got for free next summer.

We obviously had no intent to keep him, so why not get something for him? Will help towards are huge wage bill.

C O Y W

bencher

Quote from: bobby01 on July 23, 2021, 02:56:07 PM
Tbh I think we have had more than our monies worth. I for one wish him only the best.

I think we paid £2m for him Celtic. He was definitely value for money and a big part of other teams not looking forward to playing us. Mr Shithousery.

The Rock

What was he on a week? If his wages were on the high side, it could free up capital for those who are going to be playing and help our FFP situation perhaps?

Otherwise 600k doesn't seem like very much for the quality his possesses.

FFCBadger

Quote from: bencher on July 23, 2021, 03:11:07 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on July 23, 2021, 02:56:07 PM

I think we paid £2m for him Celtic. He was definitely value for money and a big part of other teams not looking forward to playing us. Mr Shithousery.

Yeah, he'll be looking forward to playing against us this season....

Whitestone

Johansen's best days are behind him. Seems like a good move for both parties and we potentially get a better player almost five years younger at a decent price with a higher resale value. Looks like good business to me if it comes off.

filham

QPR should be biting our hand off, they have seen how good he is and therefore are taking no risk, bet he scores against us.
Just hope we can rebuild our midfield quickly to match McDonald/Cairney/Stefjo.

H4usuallysitting

I think his knee injury is the reason for the lower figure - he has to manage his training

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Too much sentiment in this thread. Steff Jo is not the player that he was and although he will show some signs of his former self he cannot be trusted to last a season of 90 minute football.

steed the legend

I think Silva has made a big mistake letting Stef go.
He is an attacking midfield player with bags of international experience. He is intelligent and competitive in his prime years.
I can recall how often he supplied Sess with his goal tally and it was he who gave that great assist to Onomah when he scored that goal.
I cant see Anguissa staying, and you couldnt give away Onomah or Seri as they are so poor. Cairney seems to be long term crocked, so we have a problem.
Bad move Silva

Andy S

Football is a game of chance. But it cannot be right to prevent Stef Jo from leaving as he might score against us. I wish him well and I hope he puts QPR on the edge of the top 6. I want us to be a top 2 team this season and we will do that on our own merits alone

Twig

Quote from: Whitestone on July 23, 2021, 03:47:00 PM
Johansen's best days are behind him. Seems like a good move for both parties and we potentially get a better player almost five years younger at a decent price with a higher resale value. Looks like good business to me if it comes off.

I did think his best years were behind him after his injury, but he played consistently well for QPR during his loan spell last season and so could presumably have done a decent job for us this year and so that's why I was sorry to see him go.

Denver Fulham

I'm grateful for Stef's efforts for the club. We likely did him a solid while getting off his wages. It's fine business. Best of luck to him, except against us.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Twig on July 23, 2021, 05:35:30 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on July 23, 2021, 03:47:00 PM

I did think his best years were behind him after his injury, but he played consistently well for QPR during his loan spell last season and so could presumably have done a decent job for us this year and so that's why I was sorry to see him go.

Don't think he's got the legs for a full season, and it's a little easier coming in under no pressure in January as a loanee. Does us a favour shifting his wages and getting money for him which is a double whammy from an FFP perspective