more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steff Jo to QPHa (now official)

Started by Riversider, July 23, 2021, 02:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 23, 2021, 04:57:59 PM
Too much sentiment in this thread. Steff Jo is not the player that he was and although he will show some signs of his former self he cannot be trusted to last a season of 90 minute football.
Quite a lot of QPR fans disagree. They were very happy with him last year, and 30 is no age. How old was Danny Murphy when he joined us? No, this is a good move for QPR, and not a good one for us... unless his knee injury is serious, but there was little sign of it at QPR.  You can't blame Stefjo as he was frozen out of the team at Fulham. I for one think he deserved better.

JimmyConway

If we sign Grimes Johansen will be a distant memory albeit a decent one. Grimes is a very good footballer and at a great age. Has a bit of everything in his game though very much left footed.

We Are Premier League

sad to see him go and it does look to bit a bit on the cheap side, he could have another 3 or 4 seasons in him by transitioning into a Danny Murphy role. 1.5m would have made me feel a bit better about it.

Nero

Look good at qpr, who wouldn't 🤣

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Whitestone on July 23, 2021, 03:47:00 PM
Johansen's best days are behind him. Seems like a good move for both parties and we potentially get a better player almost five years younger at a decent price with a higher resale value. Looks like good business to me if it comes off.

Totally agree, Johansen put himself in the shop window with his loan and qpr took the bait, definitely not the player he was that's why he was left out of the squad last season.

Twig

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 23, 2021, 05:44:45 PM
Quote from: Twig on July 23, 2021, 05:35:30 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on July 23, 2021, 03:47:00 PM
Johansen's best days are behind him. Seems like a good move for both parties and we potentially get a better player almost five years younger at a decent price with a higher resale value. Looks like good business to me if it comes off.

I did think his best years were behind him after his injury, but he played consistently well for QPR during his loan spell last season and so could presumably have done a decent job for us this year and so that's why I was sorry to see him go.

Don't think he's got the legs for a full season, and it's a little easier coming in under no pressure in January as a loanee. Does us a favour shifting his wages and getting money for him which is a double whammy from an FFP perspective

Was he on high wages? I've no idea.

Fernhurst

Good deal, for all parties and he leaves us with our good wishes and our eternal thanks for his brilliant work with his co-conspirators from 2016 to 2019.
Good luck StefJo.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

BarneyTravers

Possibly the worst debut from a Fulham player that I witnessed..(Cookie ran him close)...then went on to have in my opinion his best season for us..16/17.

Played his part in that wonderful promotion campaign but looked woefully out of his depth in the top flight in 18/19 (not the only one).

Performed well in a number of cameo roles in 19/20 as we bounced back but his lack of pace and petulance often earnt him a booking..

A Championship player who served us well and got paid handsomely by the club.

St Eve

Hardly played for is in the last 3 seasons so take the money and move on

shepperton white

I've seen nothing so far to confirm he's signed for QPR much less a fee. But if he's gone, he goes with my thanks and best wishes 

rebel

I actually think he's improved as a player. More controlled.

The Old Count

Quote from: shepperton white on July 23, 2021, 11:33:37 PM
I've seen nothing so far to confirm he's signed for QPR much less a fee. But if he's gone, he goes with my thanks and best wishes 
Medical was yesterday I heard. Should be confirmed this week.

Statto

Good memories, loyal servant, could possibly do a job for us but deserves the chance to go for more regular first team football somewhere else if he's been offered it. Hope he gets a cheer when we play them (when he's subbed off in the 75th minute with his side 5-0 down)

Pluto

Would keep him, especially for that price.

HV71

He may , or may not , be the player he was - but I have just watched  some of his highlights from previous years and he is the type of player we are really missing. He has a real attacking threat combined with the dirty job of breaking up play . If anyone thinks that either Seri or Frank can do that job then I think that they are way off the mark ( as they have rarely shown Stefjos level of effectiveness) . If Grimes comes in - he is a very good player but rarely gets on the score sheet.
If he wants to go - then fair enough as he has been an amazing servant to this football club.

This is not sentiment but fact

Deeping_white

Quote from: Pluto on July 24, 2021, 12:13:32 PM

He's one of the higher earners in the squad and we're not using him, so what would be the point? We're going to replace him with a younger player on a lower salary that will start way more games so it just makes financial and footballing sense

simplyfulham

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 23, 2021, 04:57:59 PM
Too much sentiment in this thread. Steff Jo is not the player that he was and although he will show some signs of his former self he cannot be trusted to last a season of 90 minute football.

This is baseless. In half a season he played the full 90 on eleven occasions and played 80+ mins on another 6 occasions.

simplyfulham

Quote from: BarneyTravers on July 23, 2021, 09:37:36 PM
Possibly the worst debut from a Fulham player that I witnessed..(Cookie ran him close)

You must have missed Ruiz's home debut to Blackburn then.  064.gif

simplyfulham

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 24, 2021, 01:14:23 PM

He's one of the higher earners in the squad and we're not using him, so what would be the point? We're going to replace him with a younger player on a lower salary that will start way more games so it just makes financial and footballing sense

Johansen isn't even in the top 11 earners in the squad.

Deeping_white

Quote from: simplyfulham on July 24, 2021, 01:34:32 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 24, 2021, 01:14:23 PM

Johansen isn't even in the top 11 earners in the squad.

Are you forgetting we gave him a bumper new contract when we got promoted to the PL, same as we did with Betts?