Steff Jo to QPHa (now official)

Started by Riversider, July 23, 2021, 02:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 24, 2021, 01:53:31 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on July 24, 2021, 01:34:32 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 24, 2021, 01:14:23 PM
Quote from: Pluto on July 24, 2021, 12:13:32 PM
Would keep him, especially for that price.

He's one of the higher earners in the squad and we're not using him, so what would be the point? We're going to replace him with a younger player on a lower salary that will start way more games so it just makes financial and footballing sense

Johansen isn't even in the top 11 earners in the squad.

Are you forgetting we gave him a bumper new contract when we got promoted to the PL, same as we did with Betts?

Surely we gave pay rises to most of the promotion winners, and then the new additions would have come in on even more. So he wouldn't really have gone up the rankings. Probably had a relegation clause providing for a reduction too. Would be astounded if he's in the top 11.

MartyFFC

He was fantastic in 16/17 and 17/18; but has done little to impress since. He was pretty average during his loan spell at WBA and the fact championship no-hopers and bargain basement boys QPR are interested, tells you where he's at now. One of my favourite players in the Joka years, but his time here is done

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on July 24, 2021, 01:56:17 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 24, 2021, 01:53:31 PM
Quote from: simplyfulham on July 24, 2021, 01:34:32 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 24, 2021, 01:14:23 PM
Quote from: Pluto on July 24, 2021, 12:13:32 PM
Would keep him, especially for that price.

He's one of the higher earners in the squad and we're not using him, so what would be the point? We're going to replace him with a younger player on a lower salary that will start way more games so it just makes financial and footballing sense

Johansen isn't even in the top 11 earners in the squad.

Are you forgetting we gave him a bumper new contract when we got promoted to the PL, same as we did with Betts?

Surely we gave pay rises to most of the promotion winners, and then the new additions would have come in on even more. So he wouldn't really have gone up the rankings. Probably had a relegation clause providing for a reduction too. Would be astounded if he's in the top 11.

To be fair I was never making the point that he's in the top 11 earners, that was Simply Fulham - my point was that we're going to replace him with a player who's a better fit for our team on lower wages so it makes sense from a footballing perspective, as well as financially

filham

Well it is on the OFaal so we have to believe it now.
Goodbye Stefjo and thank you for all you have done for us, you were magnificent at the Cottage and will be missed.

Friendsoffulham

I Ronic

I wish him well. I hope he has a good season with the haha's. Always 100% for us, solid and dependable.  :Haynes The Maestro:

Friendsoffulham

Penfold

Shame he's joined that lot but good luck to him.

ChesterTheTabby

All the best - a real steward and club cult legend
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Twig

Sad to see him go, feels a bit like the end of an era. Probably the right thing all round but a bit of me still feels he would have been a decent option on our bench. Anyway, thanks for everything SJ and I hope you enjoy a successful season.

spikey norman

Steff Jo's new team currently beating a fairly strong Man U team 4-2 in a friendly this afternoon.
Could they be the dark horse this season?

Riversider

Quote from: spikey norman on July 24, 2021, 04:50:19 PM
Steff Jo's new team currently beating a fairly strong Man U team 4-2 in a friendly this afternoon.
Could they be the dark horse this season?

Very possibly so, could be a massive own goal selling him to them, hope we don't live to regret it for the sake of a few hundred grand.

Lighthouse

All the best to a player who always was happy to put his foot in and stop the opposition. A great grafter.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham 442

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 24, 2021, 05:11:13 PM
All the best to a player who always was happy to put his foot in and stop the opposition. A great grafter.
Yes agreed.  I am sad to see him go tbh, although I think it is probably best for both parties.  I wish him well, always put in a shift, although I also wish he could have gone to another club rather than that lot!

HV71

As Twig points out - it really does feel like the end of an era (K Mac Stefjo )  gone - only TC left out of that fantastic midfield . Whilst we do have to move on I still don't see a current midfielder ( apart from TC) who can regularly score goals and also put in a tackle. Anyway best of luck to him as he has given us many wonderful memories. Look back at the videos of him and enjoy the skill and the vision.

JEEVES

Quote from: Whitesideup on July 23, 2021, 05:54:17 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 23, 2021, 04:57:59 PM
Too much sentiment in this thread. Steff Jo is not the player that he was and although he will show some signs of his former self he cannot be trusted to last a season of 90 minute football.
Quite a lot of QPR fans disagree. They were very happy with him last year, and 30 is no age. How old was Danny Murphy when he joined us? No, this is a good move for QPR, and not a good one for us... unless his knee injury is serious, but there was little sign of it at QPR.  You can't blame Stefjo as he was frozen out of the team at Fulham. I for one think he deserved better.

Course they disagree, he's probably the best player in their squad, which shows the gulf in quality between our squad and theirs. I love Stefan Johansen but you can't use Danny Murphy in your argument. Stefjo is yet to establish himself as a premier league quality player. Danny Murphy on the other hand was absolute class and only took the step down at the very end of his career.

gang

Popular player, I have a problem with his ability, he is very one footed and 99% of the time kicks the ball with the outside of his foot. This makes the ball swerve but is very predictable with him.

AJW48361

MartyFFC

He'll certainly get a round of applause from our fans when we play QPR this season I hope, which says a lot. Bobby Zamora however received some of the worst foulmouthed abuse ever heard inside a football stadium after he made the same switch

Andy S

Always wrong. Give him a round of applause